Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

Hundreds of jailed ONLF rebels freed

PasserBy   

(The Daily Monitor) – The Ethiopian government last week freed 402 leaders and members of the ****** National Liberation Front (ONLF), country’s most active rebel movement, which has been fighting for the right of the eastern Somali region to secede since 1984, Ethiopian Television reported.

According to ETV report the release of the prisoners has demonstrated government commitment to the peace of the country and to the peace deal the government has reached with ONLF.

Upon their release, the President of Ethiopia’s Somali region, Abdi Mohammed Omur, said the move is based on the peace accord signed between ONLF and Ethiopian Government.

Last October, Salahdin Abdulrahman led a breakaway group of ONLF which claims to be the main body of the rebel movement and signed a peace accord with the Ethiopian government to end the rebel’s decades of insurgency.

During the occasion Ethiopia’s state prison commissioner Abdi Bedi Ousman said the human rights of the prisoners had been respected as per the constitution of the country during their prison terms.

The commissioner said following the peace deal most of the release and those freed earlier are already actively engaged in the development activities of the region.

The just freed ONLF leaders, members and fighters promised to work with the Ethiopian government and said they will repay their community by aggressively taking part in the development of the region.

The government has pledged to allocate resources to help the members of the ONLF, who signed the peace deal, to reintegrate into society.

Ethiopian authorities have invited the remaining ONLF rebels and other factions to also come to peace talks.

Ethiopia accuses Eritrea of arming and financing, ONLF and OLF. An allegation Asmara denies.

How many of these so called Rebels were innocent folks? This is just another sham ploy by the TPLF to create a wedge between ONLF and its supporters just like his recent “Ethio-Somali” Diaspora meeting. Again, now of what TPLF says or does is ever confirmed by outside reporters but rather TPLF propaganda stations

The Zack   

400 ONLF members? Meesha 400 lagu qabtay markii hore xagey aheyd? Also, how come u ain't posting any thing about the 60 elders arrested in Qabridahar yesterday for the assassination of the xabashi spy?

PasserBy   

I understand PEACE is an anathema to terrorist A .Osman and his deranged followers. But peace and prosperity are at the center of Abdi Mohamud Omar's platform during his tenure as President of Region 5. So far he has been very successful. So much so that don't be surprised if he moves up to the DP position in the federal scene in the next election.

The Zack   

The attacks on the Xabashi bases in the O'gaden are still going on. Just 2 weeks ago, Shilabo, Garbo, and Dhagaxbuur bases were attacked in the same exact minute, so I don't see the peace you are talking about here yaa wayaane.

PasserBy;688320 wrote:
I understand PEACE is an anathema to terrorist A .Osman and his deranged followers. But peace and prosperity are at the center of Abdi Mohamud Omar's platform during his tenure as President of Region 5. So far he has been very successful. So much so that don't be surprised if he moves up to the DP position in the federal scene in the next election.

You didn’t answer Zack’s question but rather enter a deranged post which is full of ramblings. Just like your TPLF in the Og.aden/Somali region, quick to divert reality to fictions just like this thread

PasserBy   

I don't respond to make-belief stories from hapless sources. The peace process in Region 5 is on the right track. Things haven't looked this good for the region ever. The only people unhappy about the turn of event in Region 5 are A Osman and his goons.

PasserBy;688325 wrote:
I don't respond to make-belief stories from hapless sources. The peace process in Region 5 is on the right track. Things haven't looked this good for the region ever. The only people unhappy about the turn of event in Region 5 are A Osman and his goons.

This man obsessed with A Osman is scaring, I think you might need to see a shrink about your mental problems.

If you cannot defend your propaganda piece, don’t waste our time and posting it up,

Faafan   

This is the same Government which is afraid of letting the "Free Media, the U.N and NGO's" from entering the region to make there own Independent assesment? delusional, then they have the audacity to make these claims.ONLF has hit them hard, Meles continues to spend the dollars on a futile campaign of deception.

PasserBy   

Faafan aka Mr Thierry,

I am surprised terrorist A Osman has not come up with his usual mendacious story of military victory yet. Every time there is good news coming from Region 5, A Osman orders his clown in Dubia to send an urgent email to western media of phantom military success or made up atrocity in Somali State to defelect attention . I bet Hussein Mohammed Nur is busy doing this as we speak:

writing_process.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

PasserBy;688558 wrote:
Faafan aka Mr Thierry,

I am surprised terrorist A Osman has not come up with his usual mendacious story of military victory yet. Every time there is good news coming from Region 5, A Osman orders his clown in Dubia to send an urgent email to western media of phantom military success or made up atrocity in Somali State to defelect attention . I bet Hussein Mohammed Nur is busy doing this as we speak:

If these military successes by the ONLF or atrocities claimed by ONLF and numerous other human rights groups are non-existent, please explain to me in a logical manner why there is a media and AID blockade in the region,

If it is cozy as you like to paint it, I suspect the TPLF would allow unlimited access to the region by all International media and aid agencies

Faafan   

Look at this bafoon, Your Woyane Government should recieve an "Oscar" for this carefully choreographed masterpiece.We all know this Government is using henchmen from the Maow Mafia and Itixad to discredit ONLF Politically, which is nothing but an extension of the wider conflict between TPLF and ONLF.If ONLF was busy emailing "Phantom Military" victories why would you waste resources on an opponent that doesn't pose a threat.The TPLF Criminal Group is deluded and this latest scheme will fail like those before it, the TPLF can manufacture as many "Peace-deals" or release the seemingly never-ending supply of civillian prisoners to decieve the people of the Somali region and the International community but the reality has not changed, the Somali region is still an oasis of injutsice and the boys in the bush will continue cooking Woyane dishes in Ural trucks.

PasserBy   

Ah, terrorist A Osman is so predicatble. No sooner did I write the above comment than A Osman make his familiar cry of non-existant ethnic cleansing charge against the government. I guess terrorist Osman's motto is make your lies big and make them often. Pathetic stooge.