Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Benefit scam: Amina Muse claimed asylum in the UK while living in Sweden

Kool_Kat   

Her harrowing account of being brutally gang-raped by armed militiamen in Somalia won Amina Muse refuge in Britain.

The mother-of-six, whose asylum application graphically described her brothers being shot dead in front of her, was later given UK citizenship because of the ‘appalling atrocities’.

But the terrifying ordeal, like her identity, was completely bogus – it was merely a front for an elaborate benefit fraud that cost taxpayers more than £400,000.

On the day that Muse claimed that armed men stormed her family home in East Africa she was giving birth in Sweden.

The 38-year-old, who investigators suspect might actually be Kenyan, conned that country out of £50,000.

She spent the money on luxury living, flying between Stockholm and London to perpetuate her scam.

In Britain, she applied for every welfare benefit possible under her false name and claimed further UK handouts using the bogus identity she had adopted to secure a Swedish passport.

Yesterday she was jailed for four and a half years after a jury convicted her of a string of fraud charges.

The judge said the sentence would have been harsher but for consideration of the welfare of Muse’s children, the ‘real victims in this case’.

The court was told she cannot be deported because she is a British citizen. Last night there were demands that the Home Office, which is reviewing her status, remove her from this country.

Tory MP Philip Davies said: ‘This kind of scam brings the whole asylum system into complete disrepute.

‘It’s no wonder there is no confidence in the authorities to properly control our borders and stop our hospitality being abused.

‘The fact that this woman’s future status in this country is in any doubt whatsoever is unbelievable.

There can’t be one person in this country who doesn’t want her kicked out of the country and never allowed back.’

Harrow Crown Court heard that Muse had sought refuge in Britain after eight years of ‘comfortable’ living in Sweden.

On her 2003 asylum application, she claimed militiamen targeted her family home in December 1998 because she was a member of a minority group.

‘They opened fire at us and then broke into our house by force,’ she said. ‘They shot dead my brothers Asad and Burhan. They died instantly in our presence.’

Andrew Evans, prosecuting, told the court Muse made her asylum application on the grounds she had a well-founded fear of persecution if she returned to Somalia.

Besides the murder of her two brothers, she said her niece had been raped, tortured and beaten and that she herself had been gang-raped while three months’ pregnant, leading to a miscarriage.

Between June 2004 and May 2010, Muse, from Neasden, North-West London, claimed £261,358.14 in income support, disability living allowance for one of her children and carer’s allowance for herself.

The total included child benefit, child tax credits and housing benefit from various councils.

She received £112,985.51 from the borough of Camden and lived in a four-bedroom property there.

Judge Stephen Holt, sentencing Muse, told her: ‘One of the most serious aspects of this case is your cynical, dishonest manipulation of the whole system of asylum.’

Condemning her deceit, he said: ‘It was fraud from the outset. It was professionally planned. Your actions harm the people who really do need and deserve asylum.

‘In total you took somewhere in the region of £261,358.14 from the British taxpayer and have shown absolutely no remorse.’

Investigating the case cost taxpayers a further £150,000.

Muse had denied obtaining money transfers by deception, fraud by false representation, 12 counts of making false representations, four counts of receiving overpayments of benefits and five counts of fraud.

Migrationwatch chairman Sir Andrew Green said: ‘It is absolutely essential in a case like this that her citizenship be revoked and she should be removed.

‘All scams of this kind are deeply offensive to the public and undermine support for genuine refugees. It seems to have been a deeply cynical scam from the start.

TIMELINE

1995: Arrives in Sweden with three children and given passport in her false name, AyanAbdulle. Has two more children in Sweden and one in Denmark.

2003: using another bogus name, Amina Muse, she applies for asylum in Britain. Original claim rejected.

2004: Decision overturned on appeal and given indefinite leave to remain in UK. She starts claiming £261358 in benefits.

2009: Granted British citizenship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345823/Somali-asylum-seeker-Amina-Muse-exposed-250k-benefit-fraudster.html

Kool_Kat   

Aamina Caddeey waatanaa hee! Ani koley uma jeedi £250k iyo wax udhow wax qaatay, sibeyba iney hada xero qaxooti kasoo gashay ugu egtahay gabadha...:D

article-1345823-0CB54179000005DC-617_306

This guy I know does the same thing. He lives in Minnesota and collects Social Security, but also collects benefit from Canada. LoL he goes to Canada like the 1st week of every month.

This is a warning for those who have been defrauding welfare system designed to help the poor. I don't understand how some people have no islamic conscience when it comes to stealing from governments. We need to advice everyone we know to stay away from welfare because it will destroy your ambition.

Kulmiye   

Why would you want a British citizenship when you live in Sweden? Go backing to my Economic class lectures, i remember being told that Sweden is ninth richest country of Europe having $ 37,525 GDP (Purchasing power parity) while GDP (nominal) per capita is $ 52,790. more so it was said that Sweden is ranked as having the best creativity in Europe for business and is predicted to become a talent magnet for the world’s most purposeful workers. its just boggles me why you would need to scam what almost look like third world country having to moved from one of the richest nation---

Abtigiis   

Yaa inaga maqan oo baryahan la arag gabdhihii SOL? :D :D Let us not judge her. She could of one our own. I mean SOL.

Anyway, ukuyaalaaba loo xidhay benefit been-been ah.

Laakin she is only unlucky. Ma wax aan la "rape" gareyn baa dibada caydh ku qaata? I was raped and my mother was tortured and killed hadayna foomka kuugu oolin Visa'haagu cidhiidhi buu galayaa. Markaa maybe it is time to write to western governments to relax their definitions of who is a genuine asylum-seeker and who is not when it comes to Somalia. Gaajo iyo rafaad baa rape ka xun. Dawlada la'aan meel ahna gaajo kama baxayso.

Anigaba haday caruurtu iga gaajooto, my sister and wife was raped is kadaaye, I myself was raped baa iman karta. Ilaahay umada dhibta ha ka saaro.

Juxa   

Each and everyone of us knows atleast dozen that move from other European country and do is-dhiibid here. Very unnecessary most of the time. you could easily stay over with your own sharci and collect whatever ceyr is going legally.

this double or triple is dhiibid is nothing but iimaan-la-aan. i feel sorry for the children.

Abtigiis   

I agree with you Juxa. iimaan la'aan weeye haday iyadoona baahi wayn hayn meel kale iska dhiibto. Waxaan ka hadlayey the original claims of 'I was raped and blah blah'.

Juxa   

Abtigiies, the reasonable me accepts that there were victims of rape in the civil war, i have seen one where a medical expert gave horrific account after examining her in immigration tribunal, so i belief there are victims

lakin intooda kale, lets say they are the reasons i would never do immigration law, yacni sixun irsaaqad laguma doono specially when it is not necessary.

as for benefit cheats, i feel sorry for them, many are capable of shaqo, war hadaad jidka soo xaaqdo you shall earn more than ceyrta ku siiso per week. the only issue i can think of is guryaha oo qaali ah, but once you get council house, you can get to work and earn, set good example for your kids

Showqi   

Dadkeena qaarkood waxay u baahan yihiin in Xisaabta la baro. Shaqadu ma aha mushahaaro oo kaliya. Shaqadu waxay leedahay Sharaf, waxay leedahay Xuquuq, shaqadu waxay dadka bartaa sidii aad ku gaadhi lahayd isku filnaansho iyo horumar.

Caydhu faa'iido ma laha, intaad wadanka ku cusubtahay dee dantaa ku baday in aad Caydh qaadato. Laakiin mar hadaad wadanka dhowr sano joogtay amaba aad ku dhalatay dee waa CEEB in aad wali Caydhii safaka ugu jirto.

Aamina Muuse arinteedu Caydh way dhaaftay, Taasi waa tuugonimo

Juxa   

lol@showqi

somalidu uma arkaan beenta loo sheegayo according to them GAALKA iney danbi tahay.

Somalina   

UK iyo caydh la xadaayo leen maqlaa. Somali keliya iney wax xado u maleynmaayo.

Xaaran ku nool xisaab baa sugeyso koley. No wonder caruurtii iney dayacan yihiin, parents like this ayaa korinaya... xabsi halagu tuuro, example ayaa laga dhigayaa.

Teeda kale, UK systemka welfare-ka waa in ay badelaan haddii kale nacnacdooda hanaga yareeyaan.

Juxa   

hon we do have our share of reer north america, fleeing the lack of lacag. be it reer canada oo lacag badsad ah, iyo reer america oo shaqo ka carar ah

Somalina   

Juxa;687249 wrote:
hon we do have our share of reer north america, fleeing the lack of lacag. be it reer canada oo lacag badsad ah, iyo reer america oo shaqo ka carar ah

Juxa I know reer North America iney ka ugaarsadaan caydha halkaas. Kuwa Europe-ta kale sida wey ku jiraan too. Meesha waxaa loo tagaa in caloosha aan buuxsameynin la buuxiyo, marka waa in la adkeeya oo la bedelaa system-kan la isaga dhex dabaalanaayo. Intaas uun baa ula jeedey.

BOB   

Ayuuto ayee ku jirtaa qofta oo waxaas oo lacag ah caruurtana waxba kamasoo gaaraan odaygana waxba kamasoo gaaraan...guri baa Dubai laga gatay ( it's highly likely that she'll be conned by those arab/indian scums), rooti iyo butter qaleel ah ayaa guriga laga cunaa...sariiraha iyo fadhiga waa dhammaadeen oo waqtigii loogu tala galay waa la dhaafay, guriga urkiisa wajiga masoo galin kartid...:mad:

UK waan wareegay oo magaalo weyn oo ay Soomaali ku nooshahay oo aan tagin wey yartahay from Sheffield to Leeds, Liverpool to London, Manchester to Cardiff and in yar mooyee dadka badidii waa SHIID oo from hand to mouth baa lagu noolyahay oo ayuuto xun baa lagu wada jiraa oo habar walba waxey ku leedahay guri baan Dubai ama Somalia ka gatay...waar kuwa aad dhashay lacagta geli oo iyaga investment ku samee iyagaa berri wax ku tarayee laguma karo...which is the main reason why the boys are easily tempted to get into drug dealing because nobody likes being broke all the time especially when that poverty is forced upon you by the greed of your own parents.

like A&T said ummada ilaahay ha u gargaaro because Rasuulku wuxuu yiri (Caleyhi S.W. Salam)...Xishoodku waa iimaanka barkii...dadkeena xishoodkii bey ka tageen which is basically lack of faith...diin la'aan xishood la'aan beey leedahay.

May Allah s.w Guide us all through the righteous path Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.