Sign in to follow this  
Mizz-HurriCane

^ U KNOW U´R ISLAM IS IN TROUBLE WHEN ^

SaLLaM ALyKuM

*the last thing you learnt about Islam, the Quran, or Jihad was from CNN/BBC

*all your conversations with your friends have to do with guys/girls, or movies, or guys/girls in movies

*you spend more nights at the club during Ramadan than at a Masjid

*you can't remember the last time you asked someone a question about something you didn't understand in Islam

*you find time to watch three movies a week but find yourself too busy to pray Salah regularly

*that Quran translation you were given last 'Eid is still sitting on the top shelf of your bookrack

*the 'inner voice' you hear when you are in complete silence sounds surprisingly similar to the latest hip-hop song you heard

*you don't know any people who you can say Salaams to without feeling embarrassed

*the feeling that God is watching you in all that you do is never more than a passing thought

*you are available to receive phone calls at 2 a.m.

*your clothes and hair smell of cigarettes on Sunday mornings even though you don't smoke

*knowing something is right or wrong and feeling guilty about it does not effect whether you actually do it or not

*you gave hope of ever entering Paradise because you don't feel you deserve it after 'all that I have done'

*when you want something in your life you fantasize about it and say "I wish!"

*you can't figure out why you are never truly happy deep in your heart and why nothing good in your life ever seems to last (why does it always have to end?)

*the happiest day of your life so far was on a Christmas, Valentine, or a dance

*you are loneliest when you are sad or when something bad has happened to you (where did all my friends go?)

*you don't think of the Prophet at least once a day

*when you hear of Muslims dying somewhere in the world, you consider it part of 'politics' which you have nothing to do with

*your 'best friend' is a person of the opposite gender yet not your husband or wife

*you have no motivation to change things in your life

*when your faults are pointed out to you, you reply "This is who I am, for better or for worse!"

*listening to the Quran does not make you feel guilty

*you are actually flattered when people on the street stare or ask you out

*you friends never object to any of your bad habits or behaviours and vice versa

*you don't care whether you go to heaven or hell since no one can really be sure about these things

*to you, Islam is just another 'organized institutionalized religion'

*you actually agreed with everything your philosophy professor taught in class

*you generally feel crappy and often find yourself telling people that

*your consider and justify your sins as 'a part of who I am'

*you want to travel around the world someday but Makkah is not one of your planned stops

*your parents hate you and have said so to you

*you read the horoscopes yet have never performed Salat-ul-Istikharah

*you have never felt like falling down on your face and crying to Allah

*you look down upon people who are more practicing than yourself as 'just mullahs and molvis'

*your past bad experiences with some Muslims prevent you from getting closer to Islam and other Muslims

((By A MUSLIM Taha Ghaznavi))

Fi AMAAN ALLAH

Iffah   

Thanks for sharing sis.

All most all of what you have listed are true... :eek: very frightening walaahi.

May Allah Guide us all to the right path. Amiin.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

so this topic and it home to me,

so I thought that it should be revived.

*that Quran translation you were given last 'Eid is still sitting on the top shelf of your bookrack

I remember that I had a musxaaf/copy of the Quran

and I would place it in my room in some distant corner.

It became like an anitque, moving it from one house to another. It collected so much dust because I rarely opened it.

This went on for years, while I was away at school

and my quran reading suffered because of this.

the 'inner voice' you hear when you are in complete silence sounds surprisingly similar to the latest hip-hop song you heard

This is soooo true!

You are influenced by what you surround yourself with.

LuCkY   

SaLaaM

Wow its been that Long since this topic was posted---Time Sure DOes FLy.

Jazaka Mizz-Hurricane...much of it is very true.

OG Moti   

This is a true voice,a Voice we dont want to listen to, and oh boy don’t we hate to face reality... sister Mizz-HurriCane May Allah reward you for this valuable reminder, and it is all true

As you see not many people replied to this topic you wonder why?

Simple because everyone knows it is true but hard to take in, they/we feel it is depressing to remind themselves/ourselves the mistakes we all do everyday, and can easily change but procrastinate for another day, we all wish and hope that one day Allah will show us the right path and we all feel that we still have time to redeem ourselves and become an obedient of Allah. Forgetting that death is not upon age, it comes uninvited and it comes out of nowhere…

So we may not have time, and we know it, but we deny ourselves that truth and hope that one-day, soon for most that we will change. “Tomorrow I will start Salat” how many times we told ourselves that, and tomorrow never comes, day after day still tomorrow never comes. And we wonder why we are not blessed and why life is depressing and tiring, work is unbearable, bills are getting higher, kids need to be fed and on and on, and All we have to do is have faith in Allah and no worries, some people look at Mulas and say this guy/lady has 10 kids and little income and he/she is happy, how does he/she do that, he/she must have some hidden agendas and some sort of secret income, forgetting that all he/she did is be submissive to Allah and put his/her faith on the hands of Allah and who could be more trustworthy with you life and destiny than our Almighty creator, he who is most merciful and most kindness.

I suggest we read the words of the sister every time we login to SOL and force our soul to accept it rather than denying it, the soul commands bad deeds we have to take control on it, before it takes control on us, then life has no meaning. We wonder why western world is so materialistic and the measurement of success is how much money we make, and everyone is becoming me and me, and everyone is depressed, waiting the weekends to get to a bar drunk till passing away? Simple we want to lose contact with reality, we forgot WHY WE ARE HERE? The principle is basic, you don’t know why you here, you wont live life like you suppose to and depression is your partner till you go 6 feet under and oh boy what is waiting for us, the thought of it makes my skin shake, my head spin, and Yet we procrastinate,

There is always hope for Allah forgives all sins no matter what will be forgiven by Allah as long as we show regret and genuineness, for Allah never turns his back to a soul in this world, Lets rehabilitate the soul by reading Qura’an everyday even one sura, short one to begin with, remember the grave is waiting and imagine being in a dark room “see I said room”, how it feels? uncomfortable and so scary, that to grave is heaven itself, small hole 6 feet under, no companion, terrifying and thinking of it makes you cry day and night cause it is waiting for all of us and we know it, how can we ease that pain? The Qur’an what a better companion?

May Allah give us faith and the privilege of being redeemed, and may Allah bring death when we are ready and may Allah forgive us all our sins and accept us.

Live for this life as you will live forever; live for eternal life, as you will die tomorrow.

There is hope as long as you breathing, don’t lose hope, never lose hope

Wa salaam, Peace

quran.gif

Qac Qaac   

Hey sis, i didn't know there nomad ppl here who care the ppl in here for the sake of allah, thank you sister miss hurricane. i love it. may allah reward you for it

Khayr   

Salaamz,

all your conversations with your friends have to do with guys/girls, or movies, or guys/girls in movies

Its very true. Have you ever been with another muslim and your trying to relate to them, so inshallah you speak to them about mundane things such as work, movies etc. but when you want to relate these things to deen, you find that the other person can't relate their life or anything they like with Islamic Concepts.

So guess what ends up happening?

You start to talk more and more about movies, girls/boys etc. and less about deen.

What you have passion for in your bossoms becomes clearer and clearer as your converse.

This is a fine line to distinguish b/c

we often lose ourselves in conversations.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Mizz-HurriCane:

SaLLaM ALyKuM

*your 'best friend' is a person of the opposite gender yet not your husband or wife

((By A MUSLIM Taha Ghaznavi))

Fi AMAAN ALLAH

That is soo true....It never used to be a big problem to me until now.

thank you sister. i tried to make it part of my sig, but it was too long, now im trying to figure out how to make it more compact without losing the best parts of the message. thank you again.

koonfur   

Thank you Mizz-Hurricane for reminding the truth to all of us. Eventhough all of those things you mentioned are true, still people people know it but then ignore it flat-out. They just can't face the truth. that's why you don't see alot of people responding to this message. The only thing we can say is may God guide them to the right way. Amin.

nuune   

that is a good reminder,waa loo baahanyahay in wixii wanaag ah la is faro wixii xumaan ahna laga reebtoomo,Ilaah siraadul mustaqiim hanagu toosiyo,faataxa