Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

RIS Convention: TORONTO Dec.23-26

x_quizit   

Hayam, you would love khalid once you hear him, there is a reason all those ppl were excited, at york, uft, and ryerson, where he was scheduled to speak. Check him out on youtube.

SB, I disagree with you. Dr. Zakir Naik is amazing, you may not agree with his analogy but if you dig beyond the obvious you'd see the truth of his words. He is talking about the culture of swingers, where wife/husband swapping is easily done, akin to some animals.

Do not twist his words and call him names just b/c u disgree with him, thats juvenile. His memory is the best i've seen so far, not only has he memorized the quran, also the bible, torah, the hindu book, sikh, buddahism, etc....able to compare them on the spot by recalling exact passages. Nothing he has said so far contradicts with Islam, in fact with every statement I have heard him say, he has backed up with proof from the quran and or sunnah, and also compared that to the other major religions, quoting exactly where to find them. Give credit where its due, I doubt a buffoon would have an iota of his accomplishments.

Miriam1   

He's on youtube?!..I am in love with technology, seriously...I find myself secretly blessing cell-phones and instant messaging, you get a hold of anyone anywhere anytime!..side topic lol

Originally posted by x_quizit:

SB, I disagree with you. Dr. Zakir Naik is amazing, you may not agree with his analogy but if you dig beyond the obvious you'd see the truth of his words. He is talking about the culture of swingers, where wife/husband swapping is easily done, akin to some animals.

What are you on? Which animal species besides humans has the institution of marriage? If none then how felicitous is any analogy? That aside, he's actually making a bold, unsupported claim. Namely, eating pig meat induces certain behaviour (wife swapping). Where is the medical/scientific evidence to back up this assertion? Where is Quranic/Ahadith literature prescribing this knowledge? The answer is none because they don't exist. He's making this up when he knows full well it's untrue. He's been given ample oppurtunity by many who warned him how the aforementioned claims of his sully his image and erode away his credibility. What did he do? Stubbornly stick by his guns. Ergo, he's lying.

I don't want you to get the impression that I dismiss this guy based on this one uttering alone. I'm fairly familiar with his work. However, before long I discovered the guy was a dilettante as he has shallow grasp of a lot of what he pontificates.

Hayam thanks for reviving the threat!!! Assalamu Alaikum everyone.

So ok me and couple of sisters from SOL did go to the knowledge retreat last year, and I've been raving about it since. Infact, I dont' mind if I miss the convention what I really want is the retreat.....NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

I realized I didn't comment much after the convention last year. I couldn't post about my personal experiences during the retreat...man, I can only say that it was deeply moving for me and countless others. Sheikh Abdallah Adhami is truly my mentor for life. Also, for those of you who had the chance to be in the presence of Sh. Bin Bayyah only gained insights and gratititude that we are in essence blessed to have this beautiful deen.

Ok girls and boys, who wants to create a brand new thread????? am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward this year, I pray that Allah grants permission to attend this convention, Amin.

I love CANADA.