Sign in to follow this  
Baby_GurL

Is it right to take off the hijab?

A friend of mine wants to take her hijab off for her prom..but she feels uncomfortable in a way because shes concern about wat the other muslims at the school would say about her. One reason why she wants to take it off the show all the ppl dat she has hair (majority of the stdents in her class thinks shes bad) plus of the whole competition scenerio.

wat do u guys think should she take it off or not?

P.S her mother says its okay

Asalamu Alaykum Nomads,

A friend of mine wants to take her hijab off for her prom..but she feels uncomfortable in a way because shes concern about wat the other muslims at the school would say about her. One reason why she wants to take it off the show all the ppl dat she has hair (majority of the students in her class thinks shes bald) plus of the whole competition scenerio.

Let me know wat u thinl about her little problem

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Let me rephrase what you are ASKING

Baby_Gurl in a clearer way cause what you are basically ask is

if its ok to do something that is HARAM???

Oh, yes I forgot, her mother said its OK,

so that gives Validity to your question and your friends actions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Miriam1   

Alot of mothers out there, out of love for thier daughters want them to experince the best moments of thier young life. Without being tied down by any responsiblity, that to them will come later i life..i doubt that ur friends mother is coming from a negative place, but her reasoning is naturally wrong.

Now to ur friend, she should not be concerned at all of what the other muslims in the school would think of her but of the wrong act she is thinking baout commiting..if she feels that she is utterly uncomfortable with the hijab, ask her to honestly question her logic

-I honeslty went to through this phase but alhamdulilallah had friends who slapped some sense into me.

The hijab makes us unique, we are one of a kind..I am not sure about ur freind but to me after a while the peice of material becomes a part of my identity..I dont feel like myself without. With the bald comment hell let her tell them she is bald..go have a cow !

And for the prom yashiekha, why not have ur own party with friends? It doesnt have to be an extravagant deal..few friends and a place where u belong and feel comfortable!

Peace and hope to have helped

Miriam1   

^ OG, what do u mean?..i dont want to reply because i am hoping ur comment isnt suggesting that only beautiful women look good in a hijab..

OG_Girl   

OG, what do u mean?..i dont want to reply because i am hoping ur comment isnt suggesting that only beautiful women look good in a hijab

Hold ur horses first,what I meant was ALL sisters who wear hijab r beautiful with HIJAB than with out it. I can't imagine my self with out hijab how ugly I could be ...

salam

my dear sister, thank you for raising this issue as it is a problem that many of our girls face today. Please inform your friend that there is no one better to please then Allah and that Allah's pride for your good actions is better than anything on this whole earth. Our girls in France and many other countries are fighting to keep their hijabs and their religion,so why would your friend throw it away. I know that it is hard sometimes to look at the other girls and see them getting all the attention but just remember that Allah rewards those who are good. Please help your friend come to her senses because there is no greater punishment or reward than that of which Allah gives.

Qac Qaac   

Sister take your friend aside, and tell her in the nicest way possible, that hijab is fard, and it is a must thing to do, because our allah ordered us to do it. it is not something that we take off when we like, and put it on when we like ok. teach her the benefit for her in a good manner. tell her don't worry about the peer pressure, who cares what the ppl think of you, if u know u r not bold, and doing it for allah. who cares what they say.

make duah for the sister to see the islam the right way ok.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

Dear, Baby_Gurl ,please advise your friend, that there's nothing more beautiful than proudly wearing the hijab and holding onto it. No matter what people say,you gotta going on.

I know, it might be hard when people are putting pressure on her , but tell her to be careful not to fall for childish games,because she will be the only loser at the end.If she takes off her hijab now , it might be something else the next time for the sake of pleasing others. :cool:

Nur   

Baby Gurl

Off course it is all right to take off the Hijab, in the following situations:

1. With women

2. With Family ( Dad, brothers, uncles, grand dad)

3. When you take a shower or a bath alone

4. when you go to bed at night

5. When no strager can see you

6. Finally, when you find a husband, in this last case, not only is it encouraged to take the hijaab off, but aslo you get a reward for it in akhirah, and not only the Hijab, you are allowed to take everything off, because you are his clothes, and he is your clothes as Allah SWT says in Quraan :

" Hunna libaasun lakum, wa antum libaasun lahunna"

Everyone else, let them guess the hidden treasures benearth the Hijab, scare them off with stern look like the bald eagle, and like witty Bambina said, if you fall for this one, next thing may be that you are pressured to show, you know what!

Nur

Masha Allah Tabaarakalaah sisters n brothers

I like how you have guided this sister rightly maasha allah, May Allah reward you with blessings *aamiin*.

To babygirl walaal everywhere we look subxanallah we should say alhamdulilaah. Your friend should not think about what others may say and think about her but instead of what Allah thinks of her. Pleasing Allah is what we are here for not pleasing people that are up to no good. Tell her to think about Allah, Allah is seeing her actions and believe me people appreciate you even more when you are standing by your beliefs. ;)

~May Allah make your friends heart filled with everlasting nuur and iiman, you to ukhti *aamiin* *aamiin*

dear sistah

Of course it is OK to take off the hijab.Not only will it show your beautiful hair but it is a sign that u have ARRIVED.You have now moved out of the 7th century and joined the rest human race.It is a sign that you can start dating and making YOUR decisions totally unfetterd by cultural restrictions.Good luck.