Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Paragon's Peculiar Picks

NGONGE   

Not sure I'd call my picks peculiar, Paragon. But going by your choices, I reckon you will love the following:

Doris Day rocks, man.

Dean Martin: My Rifle, Pony & Me...

Ella, Ella...ELLA...

Abtigiis   

The nasty Amhara's joke that the cure for HIV/AIDS is to wake up at 3:00 a.m on a dark african night, brave the cold, take off your clothes and jump into Lake Bishoftu chanting loudly any Oromo word that comes to you mind. This is to say the language is good for nothing; sometimes they concede it can be used to notify public toilet users in queue when the toilet is occupied and when it is ready for use. :D

But this is Tadelle Roba, with a remake of Ali Birra's "Dire Dawa", a song so attached to my hearts, my heritage and my school years that I re-live moments of real joy and uncorrupted youthood when I hear it. Ladies and Gentlemen, say "Trumbule" after Tadelle. :D :D

Abtigiis   

But if you don't like the Oromo one, Tadelle will rock you with this one for sure:

"As if of all creatures, my body is ordered to belong to you only,

It is refusing to learn anyone else's, ruining my chance of living with anyone else,

Forbiding me from loving, and from being loved ever again!"