Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Hoyga Suugaanta...

Laba-X   

Salaan Sare Dhamaan Dadweynaha iyo Ciid Wanaagsan....

Maye Raggii gabayada tirin jirey?

As you already know suugaanta soomaalida badankeed, intii xikmada ku sugnayd lama qorin oo waxay kamid tahay waxa loo yaqaan Oral Literature. And in an attempt to learn and delve into this immense literature am here seeking your help.

Does anyone here have the poems of the following silsilado - iyagoo qoraal ah

1 - Halac-Dheere

2 - Guba

3 - Siinley

4 - Hurgumo

Waryaa Nuune iyo Jamaalow jawaab baan idinka sugayaa...

Laba-X   

"Yaa labo xiniinyood laheeen?"

...Yaa Lagu hubaa?

Does a no reply mean that nobody in this site knows about the above-mentioned Silsilado?

Sincere   

^^Not necessarily Labo X. The silsilaado you seek are controversial and any literary value they may hold are grossly overshadowed by repulsive qabiil stereotypes. Qiimo iyo sharaf midna ma yeelato suugaanta haddii ay ku dhisan tahay qabiil , at least that’s my opinion. Be that as it may, I will indulge you in Hurgumo, Guba I believe you've already found.

Hurgumo was a chain of approx 10 poems between Khaliif Sh Maxamuud and 6 other notable poets, namely Maxamuud.M. Yaasiin (Dhaarbaxo Jin), Cali Cilmi Afyare, Cabdille Rage, Cali Xasan Aadan (Banfas), Maxamuud Dheeg, Aden abdi Ahmed, and some unknown guy. You will not find the Silsilaad in its entirety, from first poem to last on the net. You will have to identify each individual poem by author and link them in succession, to make up the whole enchilada (this may be the case with the other silsilado you seek) Almost all are noted below with exception to Khaliifs 2nd response to the verbal volley he was showered with, as a result of his first poem. Cali Banfas’s poem, and the other unknown guy I couldn’t find as well.

Khalif initiated the war of words with hurgumo. Herein he did not spare any Somali Qabiil with his stereotypical insults. Our present day controversial Toogane pales in comparison to Khaliif. The distinct difference is Toogane berates his own lineage, while Khaliif praises his and vilifies the others. He’s credited with coining many phrases including the now infamous distasteful phrase.... $$$$$ marduf qaada helay waa majnuun falane. All but 1 of the responses came from poets who were not acquainted with each other, and hailed from different regions of the country.

Dhaarbaxo Jin who hailed from the north was the first to reciprocate with Magac Jab .Dhaarbaxo Jin responded to Khaliif twice and many feel he won this battle of words with muurti and asluub suugamed, whereas Khaliif lost due to vulgarity. This is his second response where he belittles Khaliifs style of poetry. In the stanzas below he acknowledges the caliber of poets that have emerged from clan x, and insinuates that Khaliif will never be able to fill their shoes, and sees no point in arguing with him.

Raggiise aan la maansoon lahaa aakharo u meerye

Raagihii mudnaa iyo Qamaan mawdki baa helay'e

Seyidkii murtida sheegi jirey meel fog buu tegaye

masalooyin Cali-Dhuux lahaa iima soo marine

ismaaciil Miriyo Cumar Dagaanan kaga masuugeene

Adigana inaan kula murmaa way macno la'aane

Next to answer the call of duty was Maxamud Dheeg who hailed from the north. ( This gabay is incomplete, but you shouldn’t have a hard time finding a fully recorded one) Unlike Dhaarbaxo, he further divided Khaliifs clan , stating that Khaliifs lineage was not acclaimed for its poetic prowess, ergo asserting he was an amateur. Here are 2 stanzas minus qabiil names.

Haddaan lays makeekiyin xaqana laga mildhaawaynin

Murti gabay $$$$$$ waysugu majiibnaaye

Maandhoow $$$$$$$ ways midha naqaanaaye

$$$$$$$ marar waa tirshaa maanso loo boga'e

Midna ma tihid saddexdii qolee loo malayn jiraye

Maandhoow Khaliif gabaygi wuu kaa maroorsamaye

Cabdulle Raage who hailed from the south was next in line to fire back. Unlike his predecessors whose responses where, but not limited to khaliifs style of poetry, the bulk of Cabdulle’s response concentrated on the myths surrounding Khaliifs clan, stooping to Khaliifs level. The 3 stanzas below are about that.

Dad maxaysato ah lama tirsado, oo masaafuray

Ayagaaba malagood galoon, madax bannaanayn

Maansada masala-gaabka, iyo mala carruureedka

Malxiiskaan mashxaradda u tumeen, marin abaalkeedi

Adigoo muruxsan oo qaawan, aa meel lagaa helaye

Maraay aa lagaa soo dejiyey, maalin duhurkiiye

Markhaatina waxaa lagu hayaa, maqalya taariikh

Adigoo maqaar bahalleh, iyo aadmi madixiisa

Markaan ku arkayaan kaa samray, oo kaa mural jabay

Murdisadi aad iga taabatay, aan mayray toban jeer

Of all the responses Khaliif got, Cali Cilmi Afyare’s poem Mashiiqsi definitely struck a chord with me. Cilmi Afyare who shared the same lineage with Khaliif was very offended at his kinsman’s attempt to drive a wedge between somalis. He ripped him apart limb for limb, chastising him, and even said " Magacaa ba'yaye ma adigaa, ila $$$$$$$ ah? The bulk of his retort was defending the other qabiils that khaliif insulted; complimenting each for their attributes. He was trying to put out the fire Khaliif ignited. The next 2 stanzas tell how shocked, and appalled he was when he heard hurgumo, and this was not what he expected from Khaliif.

Maansooyinkaad tirisay iyo, gabayadaad miista

Macnihiyo ujeeddada kolkaan, aad u kala miiray

Hadduu adiga kula miiggan yahay, maaha kaan rabaye

Murre iyo wuxuu ii dhadhamay, midho dhunkaaleede

Mullaax baan ka waayiyo waxaan, sii macaansado e

Dhegahaygu goortey maqleen, waan mashiiqsadaye

Labo X.

That is the saga Khaliif incited, minus the couple of poems I mentioned above. Word of advice, appreciate the literature, and discard of the vulgar innuendoes.

Laba-X   

Salaam,

Sincere Wow! This is very informative indeed bro!

I have not read all the poems but printed them out to read at my leisure time along with this detail you've given! Waad ku mahadsantahay taasna!

Will get back to you after i finish reading the poems. i am still looking for the entire silsilad!

Wa-Salaam

Gabbal   

^^I wonder why you are so interested in that silsilad? So far all you have done is parade around the forum advertising it. Why?

Sign in to follow this