Sign in to follow this  
Child of Dune

Law degree

Sophist   

Hi my fellow Law graduate.

Have you done any internships? If not, do you know which area you would like to get into?

The best thing to do is to apply directly to firms that you might want to work for; this entirely depends on which area you want to get into; if they find your application enticing enough they offer you a contact which will pay for your LPC-- in my case; I did my intern at Slaughter and May on M&A and Tax. The partner I was working with offered me a join the firm with my LPC being paid for of course. But I chose not; for a while I intertained the thought of going to the Bar and did mini pupilage but I was scared off by the fact that though I can pass the BAR and get a pupilage I might not get tenancy.

Anyhow, coporate world does not ticle your fancy then I know a Somali guy who has a law firm in London-- practices in Immigration and wants to get into Criminal Law thusly you might want to speak to him.

I hope that helps.

Baluug   

What's xaraam about being a lawyer is defending someone whom you know is guilty of breaking the law.

But I'm sure there are other depts. that are halal to practice,such as marriage counseling,or immigration law.