Sign in to follow this  
Child of Dune

Law degree

I`m about to finish an undergraduate law degree. In England one has to do a Bar voctional course or an LPC to practise Law. They problem I`m facing now is that these courses require money which I dont have. Can any one please give me some advice. Thanks

Castro   

Originally posted by Child of Dune:

I`m about to finish an undergraduate law degree. In England one has to do a Bar voctional course or an LPC to practise Law. They problem I`m facing now is that these courses require money which I dont have. Can any one please give me some advice. Thanks

There's but a few ways to get money:

• Beg
  • Borrow
  • Steal
  • Work
Good luck.

thank you for you reply.

What I was hoping for was advise or even names of organstions that funds people and infomation of pupilage to bar. Please refine from quoting others as this shows your lack of words.

Castro   

Originally posted by Child of Dune:

Please refine from quoting others as this shows your lack of words.

Atheer, I thought the issue was lack of funds not lack of words.

Jafarel.   

Why did u choose to do a law degree? Didnt you know the costs of becoming a Barrister/Solicitor?

-There a few somalis running law firms in London (here say) and I believe could be of help to u.

-Citizens Advise Centres....and all those law firms in the country or the Law Society..

A SOL emergency fund is an idea....

Good luck QC Child of Dune.... smile.gif

Take loans, if you’re a lawyers surely you can pay them off, think of them as investment. Most of us have taken loans, and we’re paying them off with every penny.

I was going to go law school, that’s still an option. Btw, did you say undergraduate law degree --- don’t you have to go to law school? Post-undergrad studies, or you’re thinking about it now?

^^^^I believe the the degree program for Law is different in the UK. ;)

Someone from the UK may have to correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that like Aus there is no such thing as graduate schools for law. So as soon as you finish highschool you start your law degree.

ummmm u need to find funding ... thats a tuffy.

other ppl i known in your position have done work experience for law firms then convinced them to shell out the pupilage in return for a share in their mortal souls...

The problem here is that you need to find such a cash-cow, but law students are typically not seen as needing it most..

There are a few lawyers in SOL, WHY ARNT YOU speaking, bufoons come on and give the girl/boy the wisdom of your exprience ..

will tap my vampire oops i mean lawyer friends and see what they say .. btw what kinda law u interested in practicing, it'll make a difference when i try pitching it

g'luck

Rahima   

but im pretty sure that like Aus there is no such thing as graduate schools for law.

No there are graduate law schools in Australia. Both undergraduate and graduate entry levels are available.

I have friends doing both.

^^ I think you misunderstood me.

I know there are graduate and undergraduate programs of law in Australia.

What i was trying to say was that I was always under the impression that the United States seems to have a greater focus on graduate entry into law rather than undergraduate entry.

I may be completly wrong ofcourse. So those in the states correct me if i am.

Rahima   

Yeah perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought by saying that

but im pretty sure that like Aus there is no such thing as graduate schools for law.

You actually meant that you thought that there were no graduate schools for law in Australia.

My bad ;) .

Pi   

Why do people study Law or become lawyers? Can becoming a lawyer ever be an altrusitic endeavor? :D

I honestly dont know if it's true but studing law is haraam right? i hear people saying. thats why not a lot of muslim people are in law school and its expensive to.

Originally posted by Mombasa_QUEEN:

I honestly dont know if it's true but studing law is haraam right? i hear people saying. thats why not a lot of muslim people are in law school and its expensive to.

Wrong. There was an article in Hiiraan Online written by a somali teacher in US who even was an active muslim member of his community. He declared, with the help of some verses from the Qur'an, that there is no such prohibition in the Islamic religion for one to learn law and become a lawyer. It's contrary rather obligated to become a lawyer in this judeo-christian society most of us are living in, in order to survive, increase our status and in that way reach higher grounds. So study on all somalis, we need more lawyers.