Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Student Loans!!!!

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

I can relate to u guyz ,Im just in my first year ,I already owe more than $9000 and I think it will be even worse because I have 3 more years to undergo university.Im planning to find a job during the summer so I wont have to borrow the same amount of money next year.

The thing is if you make enough money ,the financial aid will calculate how much you made and of course you will borrow less.In a way its better because the money you made was halal ,at least you worked for it.

Even if studies are important ,it is difficult to pay back such amount of money.A Canadian student who borrows loans for 3 or 4 years ,is likely to pay back an amount between $ 30 000 to 40 000.Talk about a lifetime payback!Subxallah!

SJ   

Waxkasta waa qadar alle!

Planning a head of time usually pays off. I was lucky to land a decent job on campus in my first year which ended up financing almost 3 years of my studies.

If basaarad doesn?t bothered ya.

If you don?t mind wearing the same pants for 3 days.

If you could hustle for text books.

If you could avoid suxulo-baruur (gold diggers) on campus.

Then you u r a head of the ball game. You?ll prob wont dig yourself a hole.

Tip: Do not move out of your mother?s basement, it could save ya bundle.

Best wishes walaalayaal,

Asalaam aleykum

Im also on a student loan but mines Interest free. Managed to secure it through The Islamic Development bank. (www.isdb.org) .Inshallah in a years time will learn what im supposed to pay back.

Not sure if they have any organisation in North Americas But somalia is a registered member.