Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Great African Kings....

Macalin   

Think Royalties are for Europeans only.

Most of you Young Guns have not had the opportunity to read abt Great African Kings/Queens....

Anyways check them out...last month was black history month....

Early African Kings

Macalin   

MANSA KANKAN MUSSA

KING OF MALI (1306-1332)

A scholar, a great economists and a true man of the arts, Mansa Mussa is well known for the impact he created with his flamboyant style. In 1324 he led his people on the Hadj, a holy pilgrimage from Timbuktu to Mecca. His caravan consisted of 72 000 people whom he led safely across the Sahara Desert and back, a total distance of 6,496 miles. So spectacular was this event that Mansa Mussa gained the respect of scholars and traders throughout the world. Also during his reign, Mali was one of the most prestigious and wealthiest empires in the world. This empire at this time also contain one of the worlds most prestigious university in Timbuktu

------------

:Let me start with this king......Btw most of them were Hajis and MUSLIMS!

Matkey   

I do remember some of the names from one of my elective courses, Land of the Pharaohs. But many argued that those Dynasties were not black Africans, but were Egyptians who were niether Arabs or Africans. The one i can remember right now is Scorpion King whose feartures was admittedly mentioned in history books, that he was black king.

Was the Ramses II the one died in black sea while pursuing prophet Musa (as)? I asked my proffesor this question beacuse the time period of his reign coincides with that of Musa (as).

i will continue insha Allah

wa alykum asalaam

Macalin   

Was the Ramses II the one died in black sea while pursuing prophet Musa (as)? I asked my proffesor this question beacuse the time period of his reign coincides with that of Musa

-------

MHMM am curious i have to go back and read ...anyone else interestd?

hey

i looked at the website, but i haven't seen any kingdoms coming from the east coast as in tanzania the nyamwezi, cameroon king njoya, come on now, there is more to be researched-i mean this njoya dude created his own written format of language before even the europeans arriving and it was in a form of characters and drawings.

kaka wabonga kiswahili? maana naona bendera ya kenya kwa kali. haha

I believe it was Ramses II in power during the time of Musa (as).Wasnt there also a verse in the Quran that also described how this King would be preserved as an example for future generations. And suprise suprise which King is perfectly preserved and on display in an Egyptian museum none other then Ramses the second himself.

But ofcourse i may be wrong.

raula   

THE WORLD FIRST KNOWN GENIUS

"Imhotep was the royal advisor to King Zoser during the Third Dynasty of Kemet. Regarded as the world's first recorded multi-genius, Imhotep was an architect, astronomer, philosopher, poet and physician. As an architect he was responsible for designing the Step Pyramid and the Saqqara Complex. During his lifetime he was given a host of titles, among them:Chancellor of the King of Lower Kemet, the First after the King of Upper Kemet, High Priest of Heliopolis and Administrator of the Great Palace. As a physcian, Imhotep is believed to have been the author of the Edwin Smith Papyrus in which more than 90 anatomical terms and 48 injuries are described. This is well over 2,200 years before the Western Father of Medicine Hippocrates is born. Some 2,000 years after his death, Imhotep was deified by the inhabitants of Kemet and was known later as Asclepius, God of Medicine, to the Greeks. His very name, Im-Hotep, translates as the Prince of Peace. His tomb near Memphis became a sacred place and the site of pilgrimages for those seeking a cure. As a philosopher and poet, Imhotep's most remembered phrase is: "Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall die." There still remain many bronze statuettes, temples and sanatoria bearing his name, as is depicted in the picture of the statue at the left."

But this is my most favored QUEEN :D;) ..also listed in the Quran and siratul Anbiiya's(most notably Nabi Suleiman A.S aka King Solomon).

"Makeda

Queen of Sheba 960 BC

"She gave the king 120 talents of gold, and of spices very great store and precious stones; there came no more abundance of spices as these which the Queen of Sheba gave to King Solomon." (Kings 10:10)

The Biblical passage refers to the gifts Makeda presented King Solomon of Israel on her famed journey to visit the Judean monarch. But Makeda's gifts to Solomon extended beyond material objects; she also gave him a son, Menelek. The boy's remarkable resemblance to his grandfather prompted Solomon to re-christen Menelek. Solomon later re-named his son after his own father, the legendary King David."

That is right,,,,,,

But i'm still looking for Great Somali Kings if they are available,,,, i can only see another African kings but do we think that we don't have kings at all ?? or the history was destroyed and not written anymore ??

Have a Great Moments

Viking   

Buganda is a kingdom located on Lake Victoria; it is believed to have been established in the 16th century. Over time it expanded by means of conquest; in the 19th century it covered a large part of what is Uganda today, including the site which was to become Uganda's capital, Kampala. Arab traders first reached Buganda in the 1860es. In 1867, the King of Buganda nominally converted to Islam.

In the 19th century, Buganda was visited by western travelers : J.H. SPEKE (1862), HENRY MORTON STANLEY (1876). Their reports picture a state of considerable size and authority, the capital at LUBAGA HILL a town of 40,000, the armed forces consisting of 125,000 troops and a 'navy' of 230 war canoes.

http://www.geocities.com/namirembediocese/Kings.html

Mansa Musa trip through eygpt on his way to Hajj caused the value of Gold to drop for 10 years in Eygpt. Dude was loaded with Gold that catched the eyes of Europeans who followed the Gold

Sincere   

king6.JPG

This photo was taken fifteen days before the death of the Sultan of Sokoto.

He had reigned for more than fifty years. At the time of his successor's coronation, who was chosen by a council of "king makers", a conflict erupted. Two royal families disputed the choice; the consequence: one hundred deaths.

According to "news watch", a large daily Nigerian newspaper, the power of the Sultan of Sokoto is such, that most of the Nigerians questioned would rather be Sultan than President of Nigeria.

Abubakar Sidiq was not as rich as other soverains of this country. He earned annually about 1 million naira( $200 000 ). But with this income, the Sultan had to support his suite of eighty-six people, and feed one hundred and fifty grand children.

He is a successor to "Shehu" Ousman Dan Fodio, the founder of the Fulani Empire of Sokoto, legendary in all of west Africa. A pious moslem, Ousman Dan Fodio preached from town to town, the return of pure islam in all the Hausa kingdoms of northern Nigeria.

raula   

NGONGE ..yeah I watched that movie, apparently I dont seem to recall the Mummy part :confused: ;) however my memory is almalgamated with that scene where the "ARAB DUDE and his crew" save the gal and her bunch of western explorers(I thought he was segsi redface.gif;) , especially in the 1st sequel)

VIKING : thx for the reminder of my old MAKUTI VILLAGE (I lived in close proximity to LAKE VICTORIA-the food was particularly great in those regions-plenty of MBUTA, OMENA, MATOKE<-my ultimate fav african dish).