Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

Oxford, Anyone????

ScarFace   

so that means if yu dont get the 30 credits yu dont pass and yu have to repeat right.. hahaha shiid we dont have dem kinda shiid like no one fails in London or in the UK if you get shiid GCSE's grades say like 6 E's AND F's in secondary school you can still go to college and sit there for about 4yrs :D:D:D imagine 4 long yrs in college damn i shud took thatroot.lol :eek:

Delilah   

If you think about it it makes more sense to fail something you don't know then to do really bad at the end of your highschool career when you have to take that big test. Anyways don't you guys have to pay for college?

Oxford huh? Good luck sis. I'm sure you'll enjoy playing 'spot the nigger' whenever you are bored, coz there arent many black ppl at that Uni. :D

Oxford is about an hour's drive from London, so I suppose you could visit us during the weekends and have some tea and biscuits. ;)

Warmoog   

Hey somali-chick,

Congrats and I wish you lots of success and happiness in London. Hope you have fun, meet lots of nice people and (of course) study 'till you drop. I'm getting the feeling that you're a UofT student... are you at St. George or one of the other campuses? I'm at UTM (the one in mississauga) and I think the number of people with SARS here outnumber the Somali students (j/k). Seriously, they're only a handful of us. But masha'allah there are tonnes of Muslims here.

Salaamz.

N.O.R.F   

d&d says:

I'm sure you'll enjoy playing 'spot the nigger' whenever you are bored

lool, didnt know u was a racist, tut tut tut :rolleyes: , disappointed

Blessed   

Libaaax Sanka Taabte and Rudy

You *******, I will get my dacas and ****** You ***** ***** ******

:Dicon_razz.gifsmile.gif Don't mess with me waaryaadha!

****** Edited by Libaax-Sankataabte**************

ScarFace   

Originally posted by somali_chick:

Anyways don't you guys have to pay for college?

nah college is freee and every other education is free in the UK.

Blessed   

Originally posted by ScarFace:

quote:Originally posted by somali_chick:

Anyways don't you guys have to pay for college?

nah college is freee and every other education is free in the UK.
Actually your not entitled to free education if your not a permenant British / European citizen.. I think you'd have reside in the UK for three years as a civillian - not student or on working visa.. before they pay of your tuition. I had a Saudi friend who payed 6000 a year.. :eek:

But thats a gray area at the moment - with the new policies they passing now - I'd advice you to check out the situation.

Check this out for financial support available

Also, have a look through the UCAS website- they manage the addmision in university courses - UK

UCAS

Sophist   

Salaams,

Dear Somali Sisters,

Oxford is brilliant place to study but Cambridge is better! LoL! On the serious note. I was at Worcester College, Oxford Univ.before I went to Cambridge Law school It is brilliant place to study and live if you like medieval settings—though Oxford is becoming very modern city these days; though colleges remain strictly archaic.

I knew one chap who was at his last year undergraduate Degree and he use to teach College students from North America and Japan in the Summer for summer courses. What summer programme are you on? If it is the Social Science one, I would tell you don’t bother coming here thinking you will learn something from great professor; they actually commission senior undergraduates to teach these course in very relaxed sort of way—but if you are going there for the experience and perhaps for the Resume then go right ahead! You will enjoy! Try to stay one of these colleges Worcester, Magdelen or Christ Church—this being the location Harry potter was shot. Make ysure you go for punting whenever you have the chance!.

About the admission requirements! You can visit this website dedicated for Oxbridge students! If you have any questions just post there! I am member!

http://www.uk-learning.net/f22.html

ScarFace   

Originally posted by Ameenah:

Actually your not entitled to free education if your not a permenant British / European citizen.. I think you'd have reside in the UK for three years as a civillian - not student or on working visa.. before they pay of your tuition. I had a Saudi friend who payed 6000 a year.. :eek:

But thats a gray area at the moment - with the new policies they passing now - I'd advice you to check out the situation.

Check this out for financial support available

Also, have a look through the UCAS website- they manage the addmision in university courses - UK

UCAS

FORGOT TO mention that part

SOPHIST bruv lemme ask OXFORD UNI IS good for computing and mathematics rite.....?

Sophist   

Dear Scarface,

Since I was not reading computing, i can not give you a strict educated opinion; however, i can tell you that the Oxbridge system of teaching is quite superior to other universities in England. This is due to the fact that you have alot of time with your supervisors. The teaching is based on tutorials which are quite small in number.In my case it was my tutor and I in the class-- perhaps science based subjects might be 3 to 1; but even so the time is greater.

Also, Cambridge and Oxford have the habit of snatching good professors from other universities, consequently, you will be taught the most respected professors in the feild.

I think Cambridge has better degree in this subject than Oxford because of the money it has. Bill gates built a centre for Information Tech in Cambridge which is part of the Univ. Also, I have been told Cambridge has the highest concentration of IT companies in Europe.

I hope that helpt it.

You can look at their websites. www.cam.ac.uk and www.ox.ac.uk

Cheerio