Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

Oxford, Anyone????

^^ I disagree with u MR.LSK . I think its a really great opportunity - to live and study abroad somewhere else for a fixed period of time...its exciting and you learn a great deal more. Girl, go for it and while u r at it, contact me, I live close to Oxford smile.gif

There is not much info I can give you about Oxford university but I suppose its got the same routine of studyin as any other university.

Originally posted by Athena:

I think its a really great opportunity - to live and study abroad

lol. Athena, maybe for some but not for everyone depending on what you consider education, fun, learning, etc.

If it is very expensive like Lander hinted, it might not be worthy it. But it all depends on the person's wallet.

Delilah   

Thanks for the advice guys and the " good lucks" - even though i don't believe in luck!!! Anyways, i think Oxford is a great school and what makes it soooo darn perfect is the fact that its in London ( i love the place). Just wondering though, when is high school over for you guys ( the Londoners i here), and do u guys have to take some sort of " SAT" test?? :confused:

Well LSK, All I said was that the Education we are talking about here is set standard and not relative as you refer to it. We can fight about that if u want though I'd rather have you on my good side.

PS. I know i'll win .... have u extinguished. battle.gifLIKE THAT!

ScarFace   

Originally posted by somali_chick:

Just wondering though, when is high school over for you guys ( the Londoners i here), and do u guys have to take some sort of " SAT" test?? :confused:

somali chick WE TAKE OUR SAT's at the age of 13-14 i think. most londoners finish secondary school when they are 16 yrs old.

Then if you really get good GCSE GRADES

say like 5 A-C grades most has to be A's AND B's THEN you can study A-LEVEL at college which takes about two yrs and get good A-LEVEL GRADES. THEN at the age of 18 you will hit university........

lemme ask does canada and USA have the same education system or different. coz i hear in THE USA that if yu dont pass your tests at the end of the semester in high school you repeat that year.IS THAT TRUE ? :rolleyes:

LANDER   

Originally posted by somali_chick:

yeah Lander, thats exactly it. I'm going to take a summer course this summer, because they offer it at U of t ( is that where you're at?), and if i like it i was just going to transfer to Oxofrd ( i love London!!).
So, yeah, i just wanted to know if the whole school was full of blonde white people with big wallets
!!!!
:D

:D You let me know if thats the case Somali_girl and no I'm not at U of T but UWO (western) and there seems to be plenty of white people with big wallets around here, no need to go to England to notice that. What we need is more somalis in this place. By the way I heard some wild stories about some somali (or muslim) Gay students asssociation at U of T :confused: which sounds ludicrous, care to shed some light on that or should I say SUP WID THAT?

Delilah   

quote:

"By the way I heard some wild stories about some somali (or muslim) Gay students asssociation at U of T which sounds ludicrous, care to shed some light on that or should I say SUP WID THAT? "

lol, no need to say " SUD WID THAT", i don't speak like that ( and it really bothers me when people around me try to talk " ghetto". Ummmm..well i don't know of a U of T student, but i did hear of this gay somali living in Ottawa, but that was long time ago. I don't know if u know what happened to him, but the fag actually had the gulls to say i'm gay, muslim, and somali all in the same sentence. Well, that did a number on the somali commmunity, and the guy ( what a heard around the commmunity) got beaten up?!!! I don't know if its true but i hope he did ;) , the ****** person pubulished his " story" in the newpaper, and that really, really , REALLY bothered me. Anyways, thats it...cheers

:D:D:D:D

Delilah   

Well Scarface, i know in the US they have to take their SATs, i don't know when they have to, but i do know that they usually have to get a specific amount to be able to get in to the college they want ( i think they call university college), anyways, Canada on the other hand there is no such thing as SATs; but it all depends on where you live. I live in Ontario and with the new curriculum change students finish highschool when they are 17/18. After that the grades that they got for their grade 12 courses determines what univeristy or college they can get in to. So, hopefull that answer the Canadian side, but i'm wondering though ( i usually wonder about many things) if the US students take their SATs in their second year, and if the test is just on what they know, why is it such a big deal???? asnwer would really help!! cheers :D

oh, yeah about the whole failing thing, yeah u do fail, but its only the course that you don't pass. You see, you have an exam after each term ( if you go a semester school) other people who go to a non-semester school have an exam in June. YOu have to pass the exam and the course with a minimun of 50% to be able to get the credit. In Ontario schools you have to collect 30 credits to pass highschool ( and now they add the whole 40 hours of community service) so, yeah you only fail the course not the year. You guys don't fail courses in London, but how does that help in the long run???? thats strange!!!