Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

Oxford, Anyone????

Delilah   

Hey guys,

i'm thinking of going to Oxford University, so i was wondering if anyone goes there, or has any information. I live in Canada so i wanted some info from people who know anything about it before i went there.!!! So, yeah, tis it, anything would be of help!!!! :D

as an africac we say, u dont need a mind but your family to say stuff! so home-gal, i say to go to oxfarm, oh i meant oxford and good luck to yah! say to hi to lil richie homies overdere!!

N.O.R.F   

^^^mashallah, gud look sis, i aint been there myself, its pretty close to London (i think) so i'm sure all the London nomads will welcome you with open arms, i warn you, Londoners are a wierd bunch,,,, :confused:

Jaabir   

...... and make sure you take enough quarters with you since you will need that to use your own bathroom while in big London :D

LANDER   

somali_chick,

are you taking a summer course there? they were offering credits at oxford at my Uni too, a little out of my range it terms of expenses but a friend of mine went last summer to take a political science course and she had a good time, good luck and let us know how you like it. By the way I think the nomad OODWEYNE might have went to oxford you'll often find him in politics section, he might be able to give you the 411.

Delilah   

yeah Lander, thats exactly it. I'm going to take a summer course this summer, because they offer it at U of t ( is that where you're at?), and if i like it i was just going to transfer to Oxofrd ( i love London!!). So, yeah, i just wanted to know if the whole school was full of blonde white people with big wallets!!!! :D

dawoco   

Abaayo, I don't know what subject you want to apply for. There have been several lectures at my school for Oxbridge. Applying there envolves several things that seem ridiculiusly thorough but that only need good organisation.

Oxford and Cambridge have early closing date for their acceptance of application forms so you might need to get in touch with their addmissions office, which you can directly email.

The application form can be downloaded from their site. As the uni consists of coligiate system you can either make an open application or choose a particular college. Many colleges require you to send two essays to show your skills as it were. They can be marked work, or u could contact the admissions office for topics to write about. The essays' deadline is usually a month later than the application form.

You need two refferes to attest to your character and wit, i suppose.

After that, its just wait to be invited for interview. Most applicants do get such invitations.

Make sure you read around the subject that you wish to study, as mentioning names will get you a long way, along with a quick wit and charesmatic character.

Good luck sister, i am sure if you do come for interview us nomads here would love to meet you!

ScarFace   

somali chick nice one :D:D smile ,,,,,,,,,like if yur a geek yu will love oxford university but if yu aint got top grades i mean A+ grades dont even think about applying to that uni. also they turn down people from public schools.............

HOPEFULLY IN'SHALLAH You'll get it :D

Curly   

Interesting topic!, I’m no Einstein, but God would I have loved to have been offered a place in Oxford or Cambridge...(that’s if they did my course in the first place!)

Usually It's all about how clever you are, your heritage or how big your wallet is!

It’s no secret that the place is full of snobby, rich blue bloods but I’ve heard that they’re trying to counter balance this by allow more people from ethnic and deprived areas into their universities. But of course it all comes down to your intellectual abilities at the end of the day!

Lucky enough, my cousin manage to get herself a unconditional offer at Cambridge but can you believe she turned it down for a place in London School of Economics (LSE) I was completely shocked but she assured me that (LSE) is renown for her field and would then be wisest choice.

But still I would have loved to see the looks on their faces when she turned them down!

Anyways Somali-Chick, no matter what they say us Londoners are not weird. They're generally all nice and polite but I wouldn't suggest spending too much time with Somalis in general…especially the girls, but if you’re in Oxford I doubt you’ll be seeing many of us…lol! :D

But good luck anyways!

Talk to brotha Sophist. He transferred from Oxford to Cambride recently.

So now they offer courses at U.of T. that let you spend so much money in the U.K.? New tactics for "rip-off" I say :D

U.of T. is the the Oxford of Canada so you actually don't need to go to Oxford for prestige/opportunities if you are going to live in Canada ... unless you prefer the English fun. :D

Artsie icon_razz.gif