Sign in to follow this  
Guto

NSBE convention in L A

Guto   

I am wondering if there is anyone going to NSBE convention in L A for the spring break?

NSBE = National Society of Black Engineers

Hibo   

I have gone to one of these so called black engineers and qutie frankly I see it waste of tax payers money and time. in engineering and science as a whole there is no such thing as color affiliated status. either you are engineer or you are not period.one advice to my muslim brothers and sisters,is don't become statistics be informed and only attend a convention where color is not the foundation of the discussed topic

Salam Aleikom

Baashi   

Talk about ignorance! Mark Twain was once qouted saying that " The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so "

Bro u are so misinformed urself and u giving advice to us. Go to http://www.nsbe.org and read what this organization is all about. Tax payer money! please

NSBE's mission is to increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.

FYI It is paid membership. There are Seminars to take advantage of; About 11000 attend every year; With ur card u get discounts and free Black Enterprise magazine subscription; And we help high school kids by mentoring them and by scholarship award out of fees paid by us. Networking; and Socializing cuz it is March Break!

Look before u leap...we don't gather to get qoutas from uncle Sam as them biased folks would have u think.