Sign in to follow this  
Abdinuur

Where is my dollar?

Abdinuur   

...something to think about... :rolleyes:

THREE MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30,

SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM. A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25, SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.

ON THE WAY THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF. THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29. WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

Kool_Kat   

Abdinuuroow, caawa saan u seexan lahaa aa lagaa rabaa because I'll be thinking about this all night til I figure it out... I'll let you know in the morning if i figure it out... Damnnnnnnnnnnn youuuuuuuuuuu... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pujah.   

haha good one abdinur

the room costed $25 and they each got $1 back which is total of $28 and the bell boy took $2 which makes total of $30

P.S the total was not 29...let me know if i'm close

Kool_Kat   

Ok, Abdinuur you won... I couldn't sleep... So here goes my calculation of this...

Room cost $25 (25/3 = 8.33 each)

Each person pays $8.33 + 1 (refund) = 9.33/person

9.33 X 3 = 27.99, Plus the $2 the bellboy kept... That's a total of $29.99... That's if we wanna get technical and figure out how much each person paid (Evenly)...

But I would go with Indhadeeqa's answer... I need to update my math skills... See what you're putting me through...

PS... Why am I still missing $.01, though... Well, let's just donate that penny, shall we... :D

Bachelor   

sxb! alots of thinking will be done for the rest of the night. I wasnt that poor in arthmetic but this silly Question made me :confused:

tnx

keep on coming sxb nomads need a brain teaser.

There is no dollar left loose.

Why are you assuming that they paid $9 each?

Each share of the bill is: $8.3333333333333333333333333333

+

$1.00 got back

=

$9.3333333333333333333333333333.

+

.6666666666666667 bellboy share from each

=

$10.00

X

=

$30.00

Kool_Kat   

MCC, looks like we think alike... But you know what, I was still missing a penny... Then I figured what the HELL just donate the damnnn penny...

Let's give ourselves a round of sabcis... dhac dhac dhac... Good job...

Abdinuur   

Indhodeeq,

You're pretty close to the answer but it requires a deep critical thinking...

You said,

"the room costed $25 and they each got $1 back which is total of $28 and the bell boy took $2 which makes total of $30.

However, if the room costed $25 and each got back $1, then the cost of the room becomes 25-3=22 plus the $2 that the boy kept...which makes it a total of $24. So keep trying...I had hard time figuring this out, too.

The rest of ya'll have the same thinking style and it's interesting how you guys are using decimal points trying to get to the answer. Very Smart...but I dont think you need decimals to get the answer.

...to be continue Insha-Allah

Kool_Kat   

Ok you don't want decimals right?

The room cost $25

Plus $3 (refund)

Plus $2 (Bellboy)

Total of $30

Abdinuuroo, tan aa kasoo warcelineeye... Jaamacada aan su'aashaan la'aadaa nooh... :Dicon_razz.gif

Buubto   

Ok let me try aren’t good at math but here I go:-

The 3 men paid $30 dollar. The room costs $25 dollar meaning each man will pay 8.333333333333333. The bellboy returned $3 which makes total of 28. The bellboy kept $2 which is total of $30. The $2 that the bellboy kept is for his service or taxation.

Abdinuur

You confusing me here quote “However, if the room costed $25 and each got back $1, then the cost of the room becomes 25-3=22 plus the $2 that the boy kept...which makes it a total of $24.” Where did u get 25-3=22? The room costs 25 right? Ok the bellboy kept $2 & returned $3 which adds up $5 plus $25, all together adds up $ 30. so what is missing then? And why r u subtracting the $3 refund from the cost of the room which is $25? Aren’t u supposed to add rather than subtract.? :eek:

Dhimbil   

abdi

something is wrong with this, how u know they each pay $9, because they pay $25 then the +$3 that's= $28 then +$2=total=$30

not sure if i made sence, lol peace

Hey abdinuur: the bell boy kept $3.00 not $2.00..here is why..

they originnaly paid...$30.00

they got back back $3.00 each, that is $27.00..

so 30.00-27.00=3..they door man is the thief, he have $3.00 not $2.00..

Aplus, you are confusing the heck out of me, man... If they paid $30, and room is $25, and got $3 back... That leaves only $2 for the bellboy...

how did you get $3?

Ok flight_13: If they each paid $10.00 that is $30.00..and they each got $1.00 back so that is $9x3 = $27..now $30.00-$27.00 = $3.00 which means the bell boy have the extra dollar...