Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Concern

I have a concern with people giving islamic advice on the forum. Why do I have this concern? Has anyone looked at the Islam forum lately? There are so many nomads that ascribe to certain teachings and sects, some drastically different than mine. While I respect all sects/teachings/theologies of Islam, I have people constantly trying to convince me of their views to the point where I have to state that "I am not a ____". If I say I am not a salafi, ahlu hadith, shia, sunni, etc etc I will be told to listen to "knowledgeable" people.

The problem becomes apparant when people who don't know much about the religion are adviced by many people with different views. Some of those advise-givers don't even don't bother referring to the "Real" source (the Koran) but to other books/documents/religious teachings.

How can this problem be solved?

^^^^ NO one is suppose to convice you of anything, they should only deliver the message to you, its up to you to accept it or reject it!

This was the Duty of the messenger of Allah(saw) why would it be any different for us?

"So remind them (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)), you are only a one who reminds,You are not a dictator over them.."88:21-22"

OG_Girl   

Sister the problem is : They read their own favored sources without even asking people who follow the specific sect and come conclusion that" you are kafir...such book written by such and such says this and that..therefore you most be kafr!!!

Hellooooo, did you ask your self all that secs believe what that infamous writer saying? Is that writter present all sect follows?

Ofcourse they can't think that way, they have one thing in their mind and they wont let it go. They don't even bother to ask US.

Well, like doesn't enought how clan divided us as a somalis some come here and dividing us as a moslims!!.

Tell me what is the different?. I always against discrimination what so ever, if we let it or allow it under the name of so ever , people will abuse it and divide us as a nation.

This attitute, I am right and you are wrong... follow me to paradise is what people make fight and kill each other.

I thought paradise only Allah knows who will go NOT some people here! Just innocent question, how do they know they are right?

There is famous hadeeth saying we will divide to 72 sects or so ... how they know they are only one is right??

Salam

NGONGE   

DA,

The trick is to read what people say to you, hear them out and then make up your own mind(with the best of intentions). Should you need to know more, don't be too stubborn to ask. I know you already think you have all the answers and don't need some faceless person on the Internet advicing you about your religion, I do too, difference is I don't "think", I KNOW! Occasionally though, I decend from my high horse and mingle amongst the commoners on here. They're very talented people, these commoners! Shoobaro taught me a couple of dutch words, raula and Jumatatu a couple of sawahili ones and feebaro taught me a very clever way of counting to three in Somali. Salafi on line reminded me of my duties as a Muslim, Nur explained Tawxeed and Viking told me the correct version of Araweelo's legend (not at all like Ameeenah and Bee's horrific modern version). J11 gave me most of the lyrics of the best Somali songs, Truth Seeker told me the Khilafa is coming and Baashi told me to stop being emotional(take heed of this bit of advice, you). I know and you know, that we both are good enough to have found all of this without any help from anyone, right? Still, it's our duty to give people the impression that they're adding something new to our already almost perfect knowledge, don't you think?

It teaches us modesty, some might say.

PS

Since I decided to adopt you and let you have a few sips from my great fountain of knowledge, let me give you my first bit of advice:

DO. NOT. START. ISLAMIC. ARGUMENTS. PLEASE.

Carry on.. :D

Baashi   

^^Nomad folly is exposed through wit, the NGONGE’s way or Nur’s subliminal messages he used to post before he accepted the duel match with the virtual sects...that’s how is done my friends not the unmanly underhand salvo that some of us aim to the unsuspecting nomad characters surfacing the SOL or the confrontational, up to your face insults...hear! hear! the maestro has spoken.

DA,

I’ve read somewhere that the “trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't soâ€. Few folks in this forum acknowledge their ignorance in Islamic jurisprudence. Most nomads act as if they are scholars! I don’t know why? If I can say in a nice way you are one of them...no pun intended okay.

Viking   

Devil's Advocate,

There isn't a problem to be solved! There are more divisions in Islam than are present here on SOL. Our Noble Prophet PBUH said that we would split into 73 sects and only one would be on the right path. You've probably been exposed to two or three sects on these forums and already seem very confused.

If my memory isn't failing me, you initated a thread asking people what madhab they belonged to. You got all sorts of responses but it seems that you hadn't really undersood the implications.

PS:...and a discussion board should not be your primary source of Islamic knowledge.

Baashi,

I declared my ignorance on several occasions mister! :cool:

OG_Girl   

Baashi, wallalo, is not lack of knowing Islam in this Issue. Is people word Shia totally knew for them. I was born and raised country Shia and Sunnah together, we went same school one education system, when is Ashorah, we all have holiday that day, when is other sunnah occoasion we do same. So we never felt differences or hate toward other. Unlike some people who just discovered such Shia just few years ago and read just few books.

They just have one point of view and they try so hard to find any proofs goes with their image in in their head.

Salam