Sign in to follow this  
Juje

President Sharif in Minnesota in Pictures.

Juje   

Abdulkareem%20Jama,%20chief%20of%20staff

Abdulkareem Jama, chief of staff and senior advisor for President Sharif

Mayor%20Chris%20Coleman%20of%20St_%20Pau

Mayor Chris Coleman of St. Paul

Mohamed%20Hassan,%20a%20school-teacher%2

Mohamed Hassan, a school-teacher who welcomed President Sharif at the Minneapolis event

Participants%20at%20dinner%20for%20Presi

Participants at dinner for President Sharif

President%20Sharif%20addressing%20the%20

President Sharif addressing the dinner reception

President%20Sharif%20greeting%20Somali%2

President Sharif greeting Somali imams and Islamic scholars in Minneapolis

President%20Sharif%20handshaking%20a%20S

President Sharif handshaking a Somali-American marathon runner who won the US 10 mile marathon

Thankful   

Oodweyne,

You have to admit, the pictures with the crowds are pretty impressive. They are awe inspiring infact! The crowds are very aware that the thunderous and visible support they give our amazing President will look good internationally. That is why this man and his government officials meets world leaders like Obama and is why he spoke at the UN.

Unlike NW Somalia where you hail from, a tribal state cannot produce this type of turnout by the diaspora. That is why they notified their people back home to get their fellow familiy members to rally in the Hargeysa when Riyaale was in Washington.

No matter what you say about "Col Yey", we are seeing constantly that the only government speaking at the UN and meeting world leaders is the one that comes out of Mogadishu. No matter how bad things are depicted and how little control the government may have, the world will only meet with one Somali leader OPENLY, the one from Mogadishu. (I know you are going to talk about the imaginay behind close doors meeting your tribal enclaves leader is having! Which is rubbish)!

Anyways believe me these powerful pictures with the crowds really help President Sharifs cause. Not Riyaale and the hotel conference centres that he fills up.

The fact you are commenting on these pictures, even though your tribal enclave was never mention proves how powerful they are.

The bottom line is this, when NW Somalis leaader Riyaale came to the US he received very little support, but President Sharif trip resulted in massive support....and you wonder why the world will only recognize one government and not yours?

Thankful   

You have your opinion (which I respect) and I have mine.

President Sharif has been in power for less then one year and has done more internationally then your enclave has, ever. Do you agree?

Paragon   

Oh come now Oodweyne, let's celebrate for the moment. Why must you disturb the dhaanto's rythme just when it is getting more swweter. :D

Soo gal jaandheerta, adeer, taasaad taqaanaaye. Lol.

Impressive turnout for the (read) 'young' president. smile.gif

NGONGE   

^^ Impressive my foot. Somalis ALWAYS turn out ninyo. Google Geedi's last visit to that country.

Pssst, Duke..Thankful said that Col Yey did not speak at the UN! Is that true? :D

Guru, xaga ka wad...

^^^Impressive it was not, but the pictures were lovely never the less. NGOONGE, Yey spoke at the UN on many occasions.

Now has Riyaale ever been to the UN ? Ask Oodweyne.

NGONGE   

Duke,

I was told he insisted his minders drive him past it in his visit last year. He had a meeting that day so he couldn't spare time to speak. :D

War Thankful iska celi. He bad mouthed your uncle, man.