Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

President Yusuf should resign.....

Mr President

1. You have failed to put a competent government in place..

2. You have failed to empower the people of Somalia and instead choose to play meaningless games with the warlords and armed factions.

3. Your government is corrupt and incompetent and has lost the trust of the people.

4. You have failed to avoid an all out war between the TFG and Courts with the support of Ethiopia and Eritria.

Sir, it is time to retire....

War Duke...... I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Iam glad you are seeing the man for what he is. Incompatent old man with no vision for the future, and worse, a traitor who betray his nation. It is about Reer Pland remove the old guards from the leadership. Now lets take care of Cadde too.

Sophist   

We missed you on Monday at the House of Commons my good friend. i will call you after work this evening to fill you in.

Leadership would emerge as soon as the likes of Yeey and Cadde leave the Somali political scene (Pland in particular). The more important question is are prepared to risk unrest (even civil war) in Pland so we could free ourselves from the grip of the old guard.

Abdi2005   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The old guard need to all go. I am tired of their rubish.But a smooth transfer of power is needed. The question is who will replace them?

There are many intelligent people from Puntland who can take over from C/yusuf and make a better job.

Duke-I don't see anymore of us dying, but just how you propose a peaceful transfer of power. Institutions are not set up in Pland to ensure such transfer.Besides likes of Yeey and Cadde respect one thing, dats brute force.

We really can't afford to have these men at the helm of Pland leadership. The whole place is corrupted, and any reformation won't come through peaceful means bro.

^^^The TFG presidancy does not have to go to a person from Puntland, it would be up to the Parliment who they elect.

Puntland leadership would obviously come from the stae, but it would be better to have political parties rather than individuals with no agenda...

Yo-Yo, Puntland could have a new revoloution, but a peaceful one. For example Cade has only two years left. If there was a party put in place from now on with the aim of contesting the elections and defeating Cade and his group. I think it would work easily and without the loss of any innocent life...

Now if this party had new faces and support from every clan of the state in the country and in the diaspora with a clear and trasnparent agenda, I belive it would make a great difference and remove the old guard.

If there was violence, rememeber Cade has support not only from the armed forces but from his sub clan, who would naturally rally around him. Also the old guard would rally to President Cade, so there needs to be a peaceful method of removing the old guard.

Juje   

Originally posted by Sophist:

We missed you on Monday at the House of Commons my good friend. i will call you after work this evening to fill you in.

Saxiibo Somali sidedaba cadiyan is ma amanan, lakiin for the point of metioning I believe your response to that MP Allen something was notably remarkable and very patriotic.

Uthman1   

General Duke, Abdullahi Yusuf is not the only problem. Its his whole cabinet, thats why new election is required as the UIC proposed to rid the country of another warlord and to establish a governmnet choosen by the peopl of Somalia and not a government driven to power by Ethiopia.

I think your right and we should agree that the whole TFG step down and we start a new election, this time supervised by external panel to avoid corruption just like Palestine when Hamas got elected.

If there was violence, rememeber Cade has support not only from the armed forces but from his sub clan, who would naturally rally around..

This is the heart of our problems. We are appeasing sub-clans at the expense of everyone else.We need to dissociate the leader from Qabiil.

The reality is there will be no one to contest Cadde, and his band of bandits. If his Qabiil don't share the wishes of the rest of us,let them rally around him and pay the price for his st-upidity. You are either for progressive Pland or you are not.

^^^Uthman, you made a good point, but who elected this ICU? And are they willing for an all inclusive government?

The post regards the President, I belive his removal would call for new elections, but I would find it abhorent to see the likes of Abdiqasin and Cadow return.