Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Qur'aan

Nur   

eNuri Old Issues

Presents:

Quraan.

Anything that is measured gets done!

Ever wonder why education is segmented to twelve years preparatory education, 4 years college and yet another three years for graduate education?

Ever wonder why a runner measures distance he runs in a day to maintain an average daily performance, so that he can increase distance he runs and shorten time doing it?

Ever wonder why businessmen keep an eye every morning on the performance of their shares in the stock market?

Ever wonder why a doctor weighs patients, temperature, takes blood pressure readings in every visit?

All the above are measurements of performances to be measured against vital benchmarks that are within acceptable metrics to a stake holder.

As Muslims, our performance is directly related on how much we adhere to the teachings of the Holy Quraan. This measures how much importance we give to our holiest Book?

Think of it, how much of our time is allocated for the reading of this Book? in comparison with the time we spend reading a tabloid? This is an indicator of our priorities.

Would it matter to you if the media discusses the Quraan more often as an amazing Book?

How about if a NASA astronaut landed from space with a copy of the Holy Quraan in his hand?

Well, The Quraan was revealed to our Prophet Muhammad SAWS (Not by an astronaut), some 14 centuries ago with the wisest words ever composed, parables, laws and the most straight forward explanation of the creation and the recreation of life and the universe which to this day continues to stir hearts and guides minds of those who believe in Allah to a straight path.

Nomads, the reading of Quraan ( Tilaawah) is one of the most important daily tasks as a Muslim in addition to the discipline of setting aside a regular daily schedule for this task. It will slowly help you understand the Allah's message and to make it part of your life.

The recitation of the Holy Quran can be analogous to an aerobic exercise such as running.

Just like a runner, runs daily, say five miles a day reaching a monthly target of 150 miles. A person who regularly recites the Holy Quraan can cover a Juzz a day to cross the milestone of 30 Juzz to make Kahatam al Quraan in month, followed by the prayers of khatam-al-Quraan, and to seamlessly begin another Recitation (Tilaawah). A great joy indeed! you will experience a higher pleasure than a runners high, and only those who had the experience of a long distance run or the completion of the holy Quraan in a week or a month can relate to it.

Now let us see the accumulated benefits of reading Quraan. comparing it to running.

1. Running is good for your heart, muscles, brain and overall health. It fine tunes your body.

2. Reading Quraan on the other hand, is good for your soul, it is good for the baseerah (perception), Mind (Qalb) and your overall faith.

3. Running for the non runner is painful, boring, lonesome and tiring.

4. Reading Quraan for the beginner (specially non-Arabic speakers) can be boring confusing, lonesome and tiring.

5. As you get used to running, you will begin getting some benefits like runners high (serotonin), alert mind, sound body and reduced stress.

6. Being patient with reading Quraan, you begin to understand some verses while gradually improving your imaan, reducing your spiritual stress to make right judgment on all matters based on the teachings of the Holy Quraan.

The limitation with running is that it only serves to maintain our physical health, the vehicles of our souls, while reading of the Holy Quraan maintains the well being of the very soul and the essence of creation.

every time we recite the Holy Quraan we get a credit HASANAH, it is then multiplied by ten folds of credit.

Each Hasanah can wipe a violation or a Sin that we have committed against ourselves aka (SAYYIAH).

So it follows that by reading the Holy Quraan regularly, in addition to an increase in our faith's level, it can also help in reducing our liability ( Sins).

Reducing our sins implies that we will not be punished for it here in Dunyaa, and there in aakhira

Increasing hasanah means, our worries are reduced, The prophet SAWS used to say ( O Allah make the Quraan the Spring time of our hearts, and the disappearance of our worries and sadness)

Allah gives the reader of Quraan a gift that he does not give to those who make duaa.

The reader of Quraan is alive, she walks between people accompanied by light (Have you seen the one who was dead and we have brought him back alive, and gave him light with which he walks among people)

That is all for today, my beloved brothers and highly respected sisters.

Nur

2003 Nurtel Softwano Series

Taking You To Paradise in chains (Fiber Optics, Coax, Copper and wireless)

Nur   

Dear Nomads

Is the quraan topic boring? are we nomads just like our forefathers who only value our camels more than the Quraan

A Nomad Poet sang " Aakhiro nimaan geel laheyn lama amaaneynee"

Our response to a topic reflects our level of inerest, and Quraan being most important for our life, how can we neglect sharing our thoughts on Quraan?

Nur

Indeed Nur i have to share your sentiments entirely we are neglecting ourselves of the benefits of quran. The quran is like Medicine, and the benefits of reading it are indeed widley documented in Islam and indeed by Non-Muslims.

But to be honest i think the hesitation by the nomads in not responding is bone more out of lack of knowledge ((and hense hesitation in not wanting to say anyting worng)) rather than lack of interest.

I do thank you for reminding me again of yet another area of my life that could do with a great deal of improvement. Your contributions are very much apprecited saxiib keep it up.

LuCkY   

ThankZ for sharing that Nur.

Its not that i wasnt interested in this topic but the site was down and i hadnt come across it aLthough i do agree with you and Shujui-1.We do negLect it and i have been doing that LateLy but i am getting my act together---i Love reading the Qu'raan...LateLy i have been preoccupied and i know thats not an excuse.

May ALLah Lead us aLL in the right path.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Thanks Br.Nur for sharing another important aspect of our deen, reading the quran is what keeps me going, it's the medicine we need and the quran is our guide to jannah. I really appreciate reading ur posts I never get bored, very educational, yet very entertaining.

N.O.R.F   

That a good wake up call Nur, thank you for sharing and then persuing our response. I think Shujul put it correctly,this is the 1st time i have come across this thread.

"5. As one continues in running, one begins to get some benefits like good feeling, alert mind, sound body and reduced stress.

6. Being patient in Reading Quraan, one begins to understand some verses,gradually improve his iimaan, reduce spiritual stress, begin to make right judgment based on Quraan."

That is a very good point indeed and one that is in due process from a personal point of view, the distractions have been reduced, ia they will be nulified soon. Ameen!

Nur   

Jazakumllahu khairan

Shujui, Lucky, Raxmah and Northern Star

Following is a a past post at another site, where interesting questions and answers were exchanged, I am posting it as an example of how learning can be enhanced through an inquiry.

A poster asked me the meaning of the verse " O my Lord, my folks have taken this Quraan as " MAHJOORAN" the key word hee was MAHJOORAN. One of my answers of many and a question of frequency of reading Quraan follows:

Salaama Aleikum

Bro Nur, couple days ago while we were praying Fajer prayer Imam recited this verse.

" Waqaala Rasuulo Yaa Rabi ina Qownii Takhaduu Haadal Qur'aana Mahjuuraa" so what that abandon Prophet talking about? May Allaah make for you to explain us.

Answer:

Dear Brother Ahmed Jama

I pray Allah reward brother JB look the verse up in Ibnu Katheer, I usually rely on Imam Abu Jaafar Al Dabari for Tafseer as he is the oldest, and respects the way people think differently by narrating all that is said then weighs them and selects the explanation that best supports the other ayaats, Tafseer ul Quraan bil Quraan.

The hijraan or abandoning of Quraan takes many forms, I would like to begin with an athar that I lost the line of narration. The gist of this athar is:

Anyone who does not make khatam al Quraan within thirty days has abandoned Quraan, and anyone who makes khatam Al Quraan in less than three days does not get Fiqh or understanding.

Forms of Hijraan abandoning:

1. Not reading Quraan

2. Not accepting its teachings (like a sister who finds unreasonable to wear hijab, a brother who sets his alarm watch to sound past Fajr, A leader who finds applying sharia offensive to christians and so on)

3. Not taking the time for tadabbur by thinking about about its endless treasure of ideas ( Al Imraan, "Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth there are signs for those with clear minds (ulul albaab)"

4. Not struggling to make it the basis of our life and communities.

second post continuation of answer:

Ahmed Jama

The Hijraan of Quraan has too main meanings. In my last posting I only discussed one of the meanings, that narrated by of Ibnu Abbas which is popular in most tafaaseer connoting the meaning of abandonment .

The other meaning in the Arabic language which Brother JB has briefly mentioned by narrating the verse " Do not listen to this Quraan rather make noise to make it hard for others to understand" which was the tactic of Quraish during the arrival of Pagan pilgrims to makkah while the propphet was making dawa. So Quraish resorted to this scheme by making loud noises in order to confuse the pagan pilgrims not to hear the message.

This tactic is still going on, read your daily newspapers Radio and TV.

The meaning of Hajara in suuratul muminoon,

" Mustakbireena bihi Saamiran Tahjuroon" ( while you are too arrogant and proud to follow Quraan, you say bad thigs about quraan. Here TAHJUROON means the root of the word HAJR which means HADAYAAN or when a sleeping person talks unintelligible talk, or a crazy person speaks.

Qureish, were too proud to obey the prophet SAWS, so in their night clubs or gatherings (saamiran) they attacked the Quraan with ****** accusatons similar to the unintelligible talk of a sleepy person .

Now we conclude the meaning, ( My people have taken this Quraan as an object to attack with ****** remarks) is the second meaning.

Both this meaning and the last one are vividly rich in describing what is going on against Quraan and the people who carry Quraan in their hearts today in our surroundings.

Wallahu aclam

Now and Again

Not finishing the reading of Quraan (Khatam) every thirty days is dangerous, Hijraan means either to abandon or to attack something with unintelligible accusations.

ATAHR means a trace of knowledge , hadeeth or saying of saxaaba or taabiciin.

What is so important in our lives that would not allow us even a mere hour every day in which we can read Quraan?

We eat food three square meals a day.

We read a lot of nonsense in papers.

We watch ****** programs on TV that tell us we already now, Like there is peace negotiations in the middle east.

Quraan is the food for the heart, going without quraan for a day, you get a new friend in your life called Sheitaan, who has many suggestions to occupy the time for Quraan.

Going without Quraan, you begin having problems praying Sunnah.

Going without Quraan for a month, you are officially admitted in the GHAAFILOON club.

Allah says " No matter in what condition you may be, in which you are busy reading Quraan or doing any other deed, We are but witnessing over you) So reading Quraan is a special deed, Allah is seeing and the angels are taking note and you are earning hasanaat and your sins are being wiped out and you are chasing your Qareen (sheitaan ) away with Quraan

Allah place between you and those who do not believe in aakhirah a Hijaab that protects you.

In the day of judgment, Quraan becomes either your advocate or your prosecutor.

Now, How long can you afford to go without Quraan?

Modesty   

Yea, Nur the Quran is our only hope. I would also suggest when reading the Quran to get a good translation, because if you don't know what you're reading how will that benefit you.

Nur   

Hibo Nuro Sis

This thread may be useful for you to read, see if it can help answer some of your concerns

Nur

Nur   

Ramadaan Kariim Nomads

Ramadaan is the Month of Quraan, and what a better way to welcome it than to make niyah to re-memorize surahs that we've forgotten due to lack of motivation.

Do you want to become a Hafizul Quraan?

You want to know how many months or years it may take? well it all depends on your time and stamina and motivation.

I know one guy who memorized the entire Quraan in only six months.

Refer to the table below as a guide;

If you:

Memorize one ayah a day

You will memorize Quraan in 17 years 7 months and 9 days. follow the rest.

Ayahs/Day...........Years...............Months..................Days

1...... ....................17........ ..............7........................9

2...... .....................8........................9...... ................18

3...... ......................5......................10.......................13

4...... ......................4.......................4........................24

5...... ......................3........................6.........................7

6...... ......................2........................11.......................4

7...... ......................2........................6...... ....................3

8...... ......................2.........................2.........................12

9...... ......................1.........................11......................12

10..........................1..........................0.........................3

11..........................1..........................9.........................6

12..........................1..........................5.......................15

13..........................1..........................4.........................6

14..........................1..........................3.........................0

15..........................1..........................2.........................2

16..........................1..........................1.........................6

17..........................1..........................0.......................10

18..........................0.........................11......................19

Page.......................1..........................8........................12

2 pages..................0.........................10........................6

Nur

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

Thnx Nur for bringing this topic back once again.I pLan to read read read the Qu'ran InshaALLah i wiLL reach my desired goaL.

RaMadan KariiM.

MD   

Jazaka'allah NUR wow never really calculated it, memorizing couple of ayahs everyday wont hurt insha'allah thats my plan this ramadan Thanks again for this thread

Nur   

Lucky

Read, read and read some more is the right attitude in this month, you got it right keep it up, the trip gets more pleasant toward the end, the last ten days.

Hijabified sis

Two ayats makes you a Hafizah of Quran in 8 years, but adding two more ayats per day, you can earn the Hafiz title in four years just as long as to earn a bachelors dregree for which we burn ourselves for a mere paper that is not guaranteed to get you a decent job.

Nur

Brother Nur..you are right in saying what you said and to certain extent, not many people often consider as Moslems is an obligation. However, as usual We can all pray and hope that we all realise the importance of the Quraan and its reverence.

In brief, the essence of all the rules of reverence is to consider the Glorious Qur'an as the words of the Almighty Allah, Whom we worship, and as the Word of One Whom we love and seek.

Those who have ever experienced love know how worthy of adoration is a letter or speech of the beloved. The ecstatic raptures caused by such a communication are beyond all rules of propriety because, as it is said:

"Love itself will teach one the rules of conduct in love."

So, while reading the Qur'an, if we attempt to visualize the real beauty and limitless bounty of our Beloved Allah. Our hearts will be swayed by emotions of heavenly love. At the same time, the Qur'an is the Word of the Master of masters and the commands of the Emperor of all kings. It is the law promulgated by the All-powerful Monarch. We should, therefore read the Qur'an with the emotions both of love and awe.

It is said that whenever Hadrat 'Ikramah' (Radhi Allaho anho) (may Allah be pleased with him) opened the Book for recitation, he became unconscious and fell down. Then he would utter,

"This is the Word of my Allah, this is the Word of my Allah."

The aforesaid contains briefly the spirit of the requirements of decorum as written in great detail by the Muslim scholars. It will further be explained in the following paragraphs. In short, a Muslim should read the Book of Allah not just as a servant, but as a slave in the spirit of complete humility towards his Lord, Master and Benefactor. The 'Sufia' (plural of 'sufi'-mystic) have written that, if a person feels his shortcomings in exercising due respect and reverence while reciting the Qur'an, he will continue to progress along the path of nearness to Almighty Allah. But a person who regards himself with approval or pride will not advance further.

Rules of Reverence for reading the Holy Qur'an

After cleaning the teeth with 'miswak' (a green twig of special varieties of trees used for brushing the teeth) and 'wudu' (ablution), one should sit in a quiet place with grace and humility and face towards 'Qiblah' (direction towards K'abah in Mecca). Then, with an attentive heart, deep devotion and zest befitting the occasion, one should recite, imagining all the time that he is reciting it to Almighty Allah. If one understands the meaning, one should pause and reflect on 'ayaat' (plural of 'ayat'- a verse of the Qur'an) of promise and mercy and should beg for His forgiveness and compassion. On 'ayaat' of punishment and admonition, one should seek His refuge, as except Him there is no Helper. On ayaat pertaining to His Majesty and Sanctity, one should say "Subhan Allah" (Glory to Allah). If one does not spontaneously shed tears reading the Book, one must induce oneself to weep a little.

For a lover, the moments of greatest pleasure are those when,

In the presence of his beloved, he is full of self-reproach and shedding tears profusely.

One should not read fast unless one desires to memorize it. The Qur'an should be placed in a slightly elevated position on a wooden stand or a pillow. One should not talk to others during recitation. If one is forced by necessity to speak to someone, it should be done after first closing the Book, and then recite 'Ta'awwudh' (seeking refuge of Allah against Satan), before reading again. If people nearby are occupied in their work, reading in a low voice is appreciated otherwise reading loudly is more rewarding.

The 'Masha'ikh' have mentioned six external and six internal rules of reverence for reading the Holy Qur'an, which are given below:

Rules of External Reverence

(1) Perform 'Wudu' and then sit facing Qiblah in an extremely dignified manner.

(2) Do not proceed fast, but read with measure and correct pronunciation.

(3) Try to weep, even if you have to compel yourself to do so.

(4) The response to 'Ayat' of mercy or of punishment should be as explained above.

(5) Reading should be in a low voice, if insincerity is apprehended on your own part or disturbance is caused to others. Otherwise read in a loud voice.

(6) Read in a melodious voice, because there are numerous 'ahadith' laying emphasis on this.

Rules of Internal Reverence

(1) The heart should be full of the glory of Qur'an i.e. realizing how sublime it is.

(2) Bear I the heart the Loftiness, Majesty and Magnificence of Almighty Allah, Whose Revelation the Qur'an is.

(3) The heart should be free from distraction and doubts.

(4) Dwell upon the meanings and enjoy reading it.

Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once spent the whole night reading over and over again the following 'ayat':

"If Thou should chastise them, they are Thy servants, and if Thou should forgive them,

Thou art the Mighty, the Wise (v: 118)

Once, Hadrat Sa'id ibn-e-Jubair (Radhi Allaho anho) spent the whole night repeating the following 'ayat':

"And withdraw aside today, O guilty ones! (XXXVI: 59).

(5) Submit your heart to the subject matter of the verses you are reading. For instance, on 'ayat' containing a message of mercy, the heart should be filled with delight. And on 'ayat' of chastisement, the heart should tremble with awe.

(6) The tears should be made as attentive as if Almighty Allah Himself is speaking and the reader is listening to Him.

May Allah, out of His mercy and kindness, grant all of us the ability to read the Qur'an according to these rules of reverence.

Nur   

Shaqsi

Jazaakallahu khairan

In your writep, You've crossed to a higher domain of knowledge , " MAXABATUL ALLAH" THE LOVE PF ALLAH SWT, it really needs a thread by itself and Ramadan is a good time tgo start, so why not start a thread on this topic walaal?

Nur