Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

MOGADISHU CAR EXPLOSION

MOGADISHU, Feb 18 (Reuters) - Four people were killed when their car exploded in Mogadishu on Sunday, witnesses said, but it was not clear what caused the blast in the chaotic city hit by near-daily attacks since a war in December ousted Islamists.

The incident occurred near a soccer stadium in the north of the Somali capital, where hundreds of people have fled their homes to escape the bloodshed.

The violence underlines the massive challenge facing President Abdullahi Yusuf's government in trying to tame a nation in anarchy since a dictator was ousted in 1991.

"When we heard the explosion, we thought a mortar had hit the area and people started fleeing without closing their shops," shopkeeper Mohamed Hussein said.

"The car is in pieces. The trunk of the car and the roof were blown apart by the explosion. I saw four skulls and bones lying in the car."

A Reuters cameraman said he saw the charred remains of the car and the dead. "The wreckage is still smouldering," he said.

Officials blame the violence on remnants of the Islamist movement defeated by government troops and Ethiopian forces in the brief war.

The attacks have mainly been on government installations and the administration's Ethiopian allies, who have been targeted with mortars, grenades and gunfire. But civilians have been the main victims.

Some Islamist fighters have vowed holy war since being routed from the strongholds they had controlled since June and have threatened to attack any foreign troops dispatched to the Horn of Africa nation.

Some 1,500 Ugandan troops are to deploy within days to the city as part of an African Union (AU) peacekeeping mission to restore stability.

Although some Somalis welcome their arrival, others feel the force will not achieve much.

Burundi's army said on Sunday the tiny central African nation would also deploy troops and an advance mission could go in days.

"Burundi will supply 1,700 troops and the first elements are expected to leave next week," Burundi army spokesman Colonel Adolphe Manirakiza said, adding that an additional 80 army officers would also be sent.

Diplomats have urged rich nations to back and fund the AU mission but only about 4,000 troops have been pledged of the 8,000 called for.

The government hopes the peace force will help it disarm residents of one of the world's most dangerous cities. The government had announced a disarmament drive after sweeping into the capital, but few weapons were handed in. (Additional reporting by Patrick Nduwimana in Bujumbura)

they should first learn hw to handle the explosives b4 simply loading them in the car,,,,,,

they suppose to carry out suicide car bomb, but they cook themselves insteed of the Amxaaaro.. poor guys

Hunguri   

Garaad, ishaad ka tuurtay. Laakiin dee saaxiib, adigii ayaaba Khadkii u sheegayee. Dont let these guys do it tomorrow. Today they cook their souls, tomorrow they will do it somehow in a different way :D . To cut the story short, those hurting,and destroying civilians will taste punishment in this world and here after.

Taliban   

Qarax weyn oo ka dhacay Agagaarka Isbitalka Dr.Dufle ee Magaalada Muqdisho kuna dhaw Garoonka Kubadda Cagta ee Muqdisho Stadium.

Muqdisho,18,February-07 ( Qaadisiya.com) Qarax weyn oo aanan la garan sida uu kushashay ayaa duhurnimadii maanta waxa uu mar keliya ka dhacay Wadada Dheer ee Jen.Daauud gaar ahaan meel si aad ah ugu dhaw Xarunta Dr.Dufle ee Magaalada Muqdisho.

Xaruntani oo kudhaw Isbartiibada kubadda Cagta lagu cayaaro ee Muqdisho Stadium ayaa waxaa mar keliga laga maqlay halkaasi qarax iyadoo markii qaraxaasi uu dhacayna ay mar keliya kusoo xoon meen dad weyne aad u fara badan, waxaana halkaasi ay ku arkeen gaari ololaya oo ay saaran yihiin 4-qof oo meyd ah kuwaasi oo guud ahaan noqday dambas.

Raggani saarnaa gaariga qarxay kasokow waxaa sidoo kale kudhaawacmay qaraxaasi illaa 3-qof oo kale oo kamid aheyd ilaalada Isbitalka Dr.Dufle.

Lama garanayo sida uu qaraxa kudhashay xitaa ma ay jiraan cid sheegeysa qaraxaasi nuuca uu ahaa ama sida uu kudhashay, waxaana gaariga oo ahaa Crolla uu noqday guud ahaan mid burburay.

http://www.qaadisiya.com/view_contents.php?articleid=433

king_450   

Maashallah, car bomb! where on earth are we heading. We have a country of about 10,000,000+

about 3,000,000+ are outside of the country and the rest is being taught to kill and now how to do a car bomb, I know for sure now i will never send a car to somalia.

loooooooooooool

U used to send cars ???? ,,,, Criminal waaxid :D

Yeah ,, good idea not to send cars but don't u think the available cars are enough to destroy the country ??? we should export those ones too

king_450   

JB, not yet but i was thinking perhaps when things calm down to ship one over there, but now i am hearing"Car Explosion" i have to think seriously.

Where is that duke person today, how will he justify these killings?

What happened to checkpoints aa la sameeyey oo mogadishu safe waaye?

I read they killed a fake police too, good for them. Somali insurgents, love it. It won't be long before the peacekeepers arrive and ofcourse they will blow them up too, then who will be left to defend this fake government? Even amxaaro won't stay that long and watch their soldiers get killed, its all coming duke, your likes will be running out of that city before they can say "MUDUG".

IRAQ 2 aa soon bilaaban doonto. Odaygaaga wuu baxay, he can't do much since he is ailing from liver today, tomorrow heart problems?

NASSIR   

I never thought of systematic exploisions and suicides would occur in Somalia. This is very strange development in Somalia.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Caamir:

I never thought of systematic exploisions and suicides would occur in Somalia.

Many never thought of systematic exploisions and suicides occuring in Iraq and Afghanistan. The common denominator of Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan is; invasion, occupation and collaborators.