Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Hajj - The Spiritual Climax

amiin.

question, is eid tomorrow or friday and which is correct to end fasts when saudi arabia does or when the lunar calendar proves the date. obviously this year theyre not coniciding here in the west so... what now?

did i mention the calender of Saudi arabia?.I said it is dictated by the hajj not Saudi arabia.Besides what have you got against Saudi arabia the Land of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW

brother, its not an attack, its a sincere question one in which its answer holds alot of weight in how i practice islam.so im just trying to understand it. now its dictated by hajj, as in when the people will commence their journey and end it on the day of arafat. so while they are sacrificing there we fast, correct? then its dictated by the lunar calendar in that part of the world, right? is it the same for eid-ul-fitr? do we eid when they eid? or do we wait for the sign of the changing month here?

we fast on the 9th day of Hajj which is today and we break fast tonight at sunset and we Eid with them tomorrow on 10th day of Dhul Hijja.The month is dictated by the Lunar sighting but the day is fixed as in the 10 th deay or the 9th day of dhul hijja when we fast.I hope that helps

not really, bt jazakhallahum kheyr for yr efforts.

see where im confused is this ramadaan there was a mini scandal on when eid was. obviously we follow a lunar calendar bt a sighting in a different country 12 hours away to some people was not enough. (now im not saying either POV's is valid or invalid, im jst saying what i noticed). however for dhul-hijjah, the sighting in saudi arabia is necessary to count out when the 9-10th days are. im confused.

Sightings of the moon sometimes vary from one country or the other for instance when it is sunrise in one part of the world it is sometimes sunset in another due to time differences.It is also possible that in some countries there is overcloud etc which makes sighting a bit difficult.Or in some cases it is difficult for some countries as they do not have procedures for sighting of the moon and do not practice the Lunar calender.Due to all this differences it is advisable to seek the best information you can.Now in the case of Ramadhan it is possible for some communities to sight the moon earlier or later than others and since their is no centralised system it is advisable to take the lead from the Home of Islam- saudi arabia where the practice the lunar month and islamic calender.As for hajj as i mentioned the eid will be determined by the Hajj as this Eid is the celebration of the end of Hajj and like it or not we have to take the lead from all those millions of fellow muslims who have taken the time and made the effort to perform hajj and it is therefore during the 9th day of the Hujjaj's time in the Hajj that we fast and the 10th day that they celebrate Eid that we celebrate Eid with them.I hope this answers your questions

Nur   

Millions of Muslims will be converging on a single ground known as Arafat during the climax of the Hajj Pilgrimage rites, people from different corners of the globe, different colors, different races, different nationlites different languages, all speaking one language as they pray, Arabic, hymning the praise of their creator as taught by His Messenger Muhammad SAWS the grandson of Abraham, Grand Patriarch of Islam who laid the foundation stone for the construction of the Kaaba with His son Ishmael as a dedication and permanent testament of the brotherhood of mankind under the one true God, Allah SWT.

Nur

N.O.R.F   

Thanks for the reminder bro. It truelly is an amazing sight and one which I'm yet to experience. Next year IA.

Labayka Allahuma labayk!

Fabregas   

Hajj Luxury for Ukrainian Muslims

KIEV — Ukrainian Igor Korpishen has been saving up for the past eight years to make his hajj dream come true as the holy journey looked something of a luxury in the central European country where Muslims stand as the poorest minority with towering unemployment rates and deplorable economic conditions.

"I'm so happy," Korpishen, who reverted to Islam in 1998, told IslamOnline.net Sunday, December 3.

Overwhelmed by joy, the 31-year-old Muslim youth has taken pains and worked late into nights to save every hryvnia needed for the relatively expensive journey.

"I pray that every Muslim would perform hajj in his/her lifetime," Korpishen said in an emotional voice.

Almost at every Muslim home in Ukraine, there is a Korpishen.

Many Muslims are yearning to perform hajj, but they are in such dire financial straits to make the dream come true. Some of them pass away and the dream is still unfulfilled.

The hajj journey in Ukraine costs an average of $2,500, a mind-boggling sum for many Ukrainian Muslims living below the poverty line.

One of the five pillars of Islam, hajj consists of several ceremonies, which are meant to symbolize the essential concepts of the Islamic faith, and to commemorate the trials of Prophet Abraham and his family.

Every able-bodied adult Muslim — who can financially afford the trip — must perform hajj once in their lifetime.

Individual Effort

Neither the government nor NGOs provide charge-free hajj packages to Muslims, according Wael Al-Alami, the spokesman for the umbrella Federation of the Islamic Organizations in Ukraine (ARRAID).

"The pilgrims here perform hajj at their own expenses," Al-Alami told IOL.

"We have tried in vain to get charge-free hajj packages for poor Muslims and new reverts."

The organization of hajj trips is an individual effort undertaken by some Muslim organizations like ARRAID in coordination with a travel agency in the capital Kiev and the Saudi embassy in Moscow, because there is no a Saudi diplomatic mission in Ukraine.

Some 250 Ukrainian Muslims would perform hajj this year on three batches, according to Al-Alami.

The first batch is scheduled to fly for Saudi Arabia on December 8.

Ukraine is home to some two million Muslims making up 5% of the overall 46-million population