Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

U.S. Secretly Backing Warlords in Somalia

The TFG is a toothless dysfunctional and (anytime by now) defunct entity, which is guest to the different warlords whether its in Jowhar or in Baidoba. So, it shouldn't be seen as surprise as to why the USA decided to work directly with the power brokers aka Warlords.

Baashi   

Yes the TFG is toothless alright. Prince have you ever considered the reason neocon hawks in Washignton are givinf money and ammunition to the real terrorists in Somalia? Thanks to Uncle Bush's aid and support to the real terrorists in Mogadishu, hundred and thirty Muslim civilians mostly women and children are dead.

I guess your secessionits extremists are sparing no effort to convince Washignton that they are WITH Bush in the "war" against "terror". Hargeisa had to walk the walk if its private pronouncement is to be taken seriously. And bingo what happened! In order to show how relaible they can be they snatched few Islamists out of their homes and families and sent them to the torture camps in Djbouti and the rest to Zanawi's Alambakho hellholes.

Qanyare and Co. r now part of this snitch network that includes TFG, Puntland, and Somaliland. Contrary to the Baidowa's recent outrage of the latest conflict in Mogadishu, TFG leader is the godfather of this game of using other powers resources for his personal political gain. But this time around he couldn't deliver the goods for the goods are in his nemessis turf.

Good going pal...wallahi waa ayaan darro. War maxaa dadkan damiirka ka qaaday.

^^Baashow relax Awoowe

I don't think you would want to put Somaliland on the same league as the warlords and other warlord related entities.

You know Somaliland never gave a fig about terrorists until they provoked it by killing the aid workers that were providing badly needed basic services like food and health.

And sxb, unlike others, Somaliland gives the terrorists their day in court!!!

The warlords are in it for profit, Somaliland is in it for its own security. That is the difference Baashow. Ha isku khaldin.

Baashi   

Forgive me I haven't read your post in its entirety. I scan-read it. But let me say a word to my grandson Prince. Awoowe tell me is it not true that Hargiesa have been shipping Allah-fearing, law abiding Somalis who sympathize with Liberation movement in Western Somalia. In Hargeisa effort to appease Ethiopia, didn't they round these Allah-fearing, law abiding freedom-fighters sympathizers up and sent them to Zanawi merciless junta to have their way with them in the Alamvakh hellholes.

Common dude this much is a public knowledge and however you try yo justify this despicable boot licking there is no denying the fact the handover of these poor fellaz who thought they were living in the safety of their fellow brothers in Islam occured more than once.

Now turning to Mr. Oodweyne...my o my you never cease to amaze me sxb. To believe the secessionists cause in such absolutism is a very telling sign of your rational and soundness of your line of reasoning.

Look I have already conceded the fact that Mr. Yussuf the interim president of TFG is not in position to srike "if u scratch my back, I will do the same" deal with Uncle Sam. He got nothing to offer to Uncle Sam at this juncture. Somaliland is a conduit through which the alleged terrorist are hauled for they are close to the center of operation which is in Djbouti.

And Mogadishu is the current theater where Uncle Sam gone for fishing. Qanyare and Co. have leverage for they can walk through Mogadihsu alley and capture the alleged big fishes thar are said to be haiding among Mogadishu residents.

Now the equation is not differential mister. No no this one is algebra and fundamental one at that. US has interests in this region both current one and long term one. SL is desperate to get its recognition rubber stamped by powers that matter. Ethiopia is a regional power and has first hand knowledge in what goes on inside Somalia. It also has Uncle Sam's ear especially the current administration. Qanyare and Co. are useful Idi*ts in this whole saga. And TFG is the weakest link and despite Egypt, Uganda, and Kenya's recommendations Uncle sam had made his pick the boot lickers that can deliver and dolled out the mighty dollars with much sought important tap on the shoulder ala "good job" :D .

I know my friend this sort of straight talk does not sit well with you and my man Suldaan and other hardcore secessionists. After all your cause is at par with divine directive (up there :D ) or at least considering your posts this is how you sound to me. You just can't go wrong with this one.

Don't you get it mister. The world is becoming a dangerous place and the notion of dog eats dog is the kind of notion realists endorse nowadays. May be you are, unknowingly, in cahoots with these present day realists. You sound as if you are saying anything that help bring about Somaliland's dream of attaining its "desreved" recognition we are ready to do it.

If anyone questions our conduct to the end we will just dismiss him/her by calling names and writing ornated op-eds that explains how Uncle sam's interest and our destiny fit each other as kal iyo mooye :D The corn that comes between the two like Allah-fearing Somalis who have been snatched in the middle of nigh out of their houses then we will call them "acceptable loss".

Again I don't have time to spill the beans :D We'll give another go later...