Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

bringing Somaliland under Somaliweyn

LANDER   

I often hear people say their will be Somaliweyn once again and Somaliland will be brought back under its umbrella. What I don't hear often is a plausible way of going about doing that task. So I ask those who are visionaries of the somaliweyn, how this task will be achieved? Wheter your ideas are diplomatic or military, I shall hear your forethoughts. But remember the key to this is PLAUSIBLE SCENARIO. No science fiction please, this is not an episode of star trek :D

Bokero   

Lander good topic

I think the way to somaliweyn is through two parallel routes that have to converge.

Route one

Economic inter-dependence: Like it or not the region will through development become inter-dependent, this will force those in power and business to seek integration to avoid bureaucracy and seek larger market.

Route two

As I said both routes have to parallel in there development, the second route will have to be through education, here the emphasis is education of consciousness education that frees the Somalis from primordial affiliation, education that seeks to enhance development through cooperation and co-existence.

This two parallel routes converging will see in the longer-run somaliweyn, a somaliweyn which has real social and grass root bases and not imposed from above by elites who in reality have sinister motive and merely use somaliweyn as a board of their own individual or group progress.

i would advise our pro-somaliweyn brothers to forget their dream for the following reasons.

1] the ogaden will never be allowed to come to somalia by the un. and we know what happens if we try war :(

2]djibouti does not want to join with the other somali's. they know that somali's are a troubled society that cannot live peacefully.

3] NFD is never going to be allowed to be under somali rule by the kafirs. the usa and the uk are always trying to give muslim land to other kafirs in this case kenya

4] somaliland does not want to re-unite with somaia and it's going to take force to MAKE then come back.

Dear Lander,

I think Somaliland and its people ahve to get an alternative to breaking away from Somalia. This will happen when there is a greater peace in the southern regions. Puntlands example is that you can have autonomy and progress without the need to break away ever arising.

I think it will take time and re educating both groups Somaliweyn and the landers to seek a middle ground and to compromise.

Somaliland should keep its flag and parliment and should be intergrated into somalia. I think this is true even of Puntland and other parts of Somalia. Somali's as awhole need to be intergrated together and to leave the apast behind.

The issue of the Ogaden and NFD i agree war is foolish and that the Somali states should put maximum effort in the future to improve the lifes of the Somali's in those states in order to have greater relations with Kenya and Ethiopia.

In the future Somali's living in foreign countries will be an asset to the Somali republic and people as we can have a greater influance on those parties. We have no Amhara's or Tagrays in Somalia, but we have Somali's in Ethiopia. The same applies to Kenya. For these states to keep Somali teritory they must respect Somali lives.

snw

i think you are too optimistic and too positive towards somali's. somali's are too ignorant to look at what the real problems are they would rather jump to conclusions from what tribalism had taught them. however much we want to put tribalism aside it will always be a plague on somali's toughts. the imminent result of the conference in kenya i think wont bring much change then the other conferences have. it willl bring another government that will be undermined by the oposition and will have th rule of just a small area in somalia(probably the place where the presidents tribe/clan live).

i would not keep you hopes up bro. somali's are not civil enough to live with eachother so dont expect people to respect the new governement or leadership.

Brother,

Dont lose hope because hope is the essence of life. Somali's may seem ignorant but so did the whole western world in 1942. We are a young nation who are not that much worse than those who have governments, look at Ethiopia and Djabouti as prime eamples.

This meeting/ conference is quite different and I find its progress quite promising.

It has moved away from the centre, it has adopted to try out federalism. It has recognisd Somaliland and Puntland's profress over the years.

This in itself is the greatest progress, as the south is undertsanding that Power is changing and that they cannot ignore this change.

Tribalism has never been the only problem, but tribalism and mismanagement and the sheer incompetence of ur leaders has resulted in the demise of our race.

The truth is that, Puntland can go it alone

Somaliland wont be recognised as a soverign state,

That somalia is more than XAMAR.

No clan is supreme and that the law must protect everyone even the minorities.

snw

somali's have been fighting for as long as somali history has been recorded and documented. they used to fight for kingdoms and control of important places(e.g. kenaddiid and his cousin fighting for control of obbia). they have fought for land and have fought for honour. this has continued trough the coloniztion area into the civil governments and through siyads dictatorship into the present future. the outcome of the eldorat conference is going to brink another conflict rather then a solution. i do hope for the sake of our brothers that live in horn that something good comes out of this but i very much doubt it.

Bro,

I think you are right to be worried of change, but I think Somali's conflict in the past was never as Brutal and chaotic as what happened since 1978.

Mechanised warfare has changed conflict forever, examople yesterday over 40 diesd in Afbarwaqo a village in mudug, how can this be? Afbarwaqo hasent got that large a population to lose, yet it happens because there sis abundance of weponary, more wepons than medacine. So any conlfict would be a disaster.

The aim should be to disarnm and pacify the country and bring the rule of law back.

The eldored conference aims to creates a shered government, where no clan will be left out and a form of chech and balance is made. If this takes place no warlord or faction will have the excuse to use the clan card, as their clan memebrs will be in governement. Also no one clan can dominate the adminstration, such as what happened in ARTA.

In summary we hope for change and to get out of this our great depression.

In terms of history it (was Kenadeed and his son in Hobyo, his cousin was the Boqor in Bari and their war was a decades before hobyo)

snw

bro, you speak a lot of sense and your logic is understandable. however what i have been telling you is that somali's are troubled bunch and can hardly live together. every somali at one time dreams about our people being united and living side by side in a civilised and brotherhood manner. one thing that has always obstructed this is the historical hate that the somali tribes have towards eachother. we all know that the two major tribes in the north (one starts with a d and the other with an i :rolleyes: ) have always hated eachother and have a deep hatred towards eachother still.

this is never going to stop. the youths of thses tribes feel that they have to continue honouring their father and granfather through hatred towards another tribe.

now that they have weapons this hate is expressed through massmurders of the oposition tribe. the need to murder the oposition one feels is to honour their fathers and more importantly to them their clans. i am deeply disappointed in my people. we have a bond that can be strengthed through islamic brotherhood but which is actually being broken by hatred and greed

Bokero   

People lets discuss this topic in a realistic manner devoid of emotion and wishful thinking.

As already stressed by contributors here Somalis have committed many crimes and sins on Somalis. Therefore, knowing this and the extent of the distrust amongst each other, the only unity among us all will have to be based on and will be based on necessity by this I mean economic necessities.

Economics always and eventually dictates politics. Economic growth in the region will bring integration and eventually entail unity. Therefore, for me I know unity will come but cant tell you when.

LANDER   

Bokero,

good points. You bring about some rational forethought, I appreciate that. However I don't necessarily agree with you that Economic dependency always wins over politics. Even though I agree with you that in the Long run and I mean not in the near futur, economic dependency will soften any political divisions within respected countries who depend on one another for their economic well being. A good example would be the European Union and its merged economy while maintaining political borders. It took them just a little over half a century to reach this point, do you think its realistic to say somali territories would better that in the near futur? (By better, I mean somalis would not only merge their economies but also their political boundaries)

A7LA-SHU   

im not in to politics alot but hey is worth a shot right lol

well my idea would be just have all somalia as one big country, but have all different states,

for example somaliland can keep their flag and name but just be one state and have govern from that side, same thing for the others. basically like the U.S. u have the california flag but next to it is the usa flag..

the ppl who live there can select who they want to Represent their state.

Rokko   

It can't be achieved.

Lander, Somaliland will never be part of Somalia as I see it na'mean. Even though Somaliland people's desire is not 100% known to us (non-Somalilanders) because we don't trust Riyaale's 97% referundums, we still have to move on. There is no need to be advocating for a union that might be seen as an occupation by the people na'mean.

It is all about greed for power, money and domination that is taking Somalia apart. Every tribe wants to rule the persidency, dominate the parliament, become all the ministers, etc. There is nothing called "Somali nationalism" na'mean?.

Somaliweyn is dead.

La-y-La   

True dat Mobb.

am so tired of seeing ppl argue about things like, somali weyne and somaliland doesnt want unity with somalia, and all that crap.

why dont we all just 4get it and see what happens.

let somali-land prosper and PRAY Somalia finds PEACE.

YAA RAB!!!

Peace.