Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Dying before birth—the current government of Somalia

Sophist   

The tide of hope was as high as the mountain of Daalo, but such expectation seems rather misplaced after the appointments of the current cabinet.

Why would a man who came to the thrown being the “underdog†(to the eyes of some Somalis because of his tribe) with sweeping landslide have such a profound disregard to the political reality of Somalia?

This government is doomed to fail, it would not pass the parliament. Now the wish of the likes of Ato is becoming reality; what the incumbent president ought to do now? Would sense prevail or would he carry on the course of this treacherous game?

Bro/Sis Sophist

First Of All i Would Like to Thank You For Your Topic.. It Shows How Much You Care About Somlia

But In The Same Time ... Exuse Me To Say That You Are Almost wrong .... At Least You Should Give Them A Long Time ... Because Somalia Is Suffering Of Many Problems ... And The Most Important Problem Is The militias...

I think You Must revise Your Ideas

Your Brother

Emad Hirsi

OG_Girl   

I know is really disapointing but to be fair give it atleast few years then we can judge their work.

Honest, their job Wont be easy ..they should start from Jaheleyah age to 21 century.

Salam

NO it will not fail, on contrary it will succeed where all others fail because its priority is clear. Reward all the warlords so they can feel they have stake in the running or recreating government functions. I think the parliament will pass and the government will start to function. So please stop scaring people it will be just fine.

Sophist   

Rumour has it wisdom will prevail-- the coming days, the composition will alter in order to reflect the parity amongst the "warring" clans.

Rahima   

Reward all the warlords so they can feel they have stake in the running or recreating government functions.

I can think of better ways to deal with them, but diplomacy would have to be chucked out the window.

Sophist   

My prediction had become reality.

Anyhow, what happened to Minsterial collective responsiblity! I guess an old dog can never learn new tricks!.

Sophist it looks like you're a psychic.

A government sacked before it could even introduce it's programme to the parliament. Only in Somalia, where MPs jealous of the new ministers collectively sack a government and all some people can say is: "well at least it happenned in a democratic manner!".

Sophist, let's see if Pland manages to elect a president and form a government sooner that Somalia. What a shame would that be!

Xudeedi   

Few biased renegades who are aimlessly reluctant to serve the interest of their own people shall be forced to resign. We cannot rely on such violent members of parliamentarians. They can be easily replaced and the government will definately keep functioning in and out of Somalia.

Salaan...

These "biased" {read above} and "jealous of the new ministers" xildhibaano are the same people who voted C/laahi Yuusuf into presidency two months ago, and they were applauded. Now they are exercising their xuriyad, dacaayad aa lagu sameynaa.

For our information, they were 200 or so xildhibaano in that decision making day. More than 150 voted kalsooni in laga noqsado dowlada, two were against and the rest abstained. I don't think 150 of them all were "jealous." Some of course were, but some other significant members had a legitimate concerns too.

Axdiga kumeelgaarka waa lagu tuntay, starting from the day wasiirka koowaad la magacaabay. Some were against wasiirada tirada badan, where one wasaarad was divided into three branches just to satisfy and find a position for a suu and hoobiye owner.

For my first post, all I want to say is that I am very impressed with the survival of the nation without government! I had no idea this could ever work! :eek: smile.gif