Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Interview with Nur

Abaadir   

Nur: Though I do not contribute this forum as much as I like yet I try to read most of your posts. You never cease to amaze me with your positive lively contributions to the posts on this forum. I admire your energy and colorful messages and wish there were more people like you around to inject positive vibes into everything they do.

Thank you, keep it coming…

Nur   

Xiin walaal

Unfortunately I did, the look he gave me was so sick that I felt like his wounds were so fresh that he wanted to emopty it somewhere ( there were reports of lots of death following a camel raid between our tribes). But I promise you that if I ever see him again, that I will do my best to win him over from Satan to Allah, such a brilliant mind shoud not be watsed.

Jimcaale

Its custommmery that we Somalis in a coffee shop can not talk a Tribal-joke free discussion without first checking who iks who, then the remaining tribes begin to body-body togethjer and tell jokes on the absent tribe. Someone I know had a fun one day by inuslting a tribe of a man who invited him in his house with other friends, the new comer kept barraging inuslt after insult, untill the host was infuriated " Look, I am rer Qurax, I cant takje it anymore, wil you leave my house?", to everybodies surprise, the newcomer smiles calmly ans says " wel, I am also a Reer Quracc, now what?"

The moral, you can say anything about Rer Qurac if you are rer Qurac, but watch out if your are rer Qansax, you are as good as a Salami sandwich.

Nur

Nur   

Abaadir walaal

Welcome to the eNuri Fan club, I am kinda worried for you by liking my style, because, I know how many troubles I got through,. eNuri is a business in the Wide World Of Walbahaar, a world of opinions and ideas, in such a world, to attract audience and keep them, we had to scratch our heads for an isnpiration, we came to the conclusion that delivering Allahs message can indeed be colorful as you well put it, it does not have top be boring, one of my readers equated my writing to a crunchy delicious potato chips known as PRINGLES, " If you open the lid, you cant stop"

at eNuri, we lure people to enter Paradise

Nur

Hayat   

Nur your just classic!!............i hope that does not lead to you growing a big head..........but inspires you to write more spontaneous threads...

Nur   

Riyaaq sis

Thank you sis, nothing is more devastating like a big head, I know a first hand someone who went back home and was recveived by his tribe jubilantly, he was in line for tribal leadership and beind educated from the west he had all the right stripes, when he came back, he siad to me:

Nur, now I know why people like power, it feels so great, you feel everyone respecting you, then suddenly you begin acting that way, whish exactle when you have just lost it.

Moral: Yes, fame is dangerous, eNuri realizes this spiritual timebomb, we seek Allah's protection from our own evils, and if there were no sisters like RIYAAQ, my head will grow so big, and I will be doomed.

Thanks sis

Nur

STOIC   

I remember my worst experience with Qabiil stuff. There was this old guy whom I prayed next to couple of times. As a usual respect I always said SALAM to the old guy.One day while I was minding my business in a local Somalian shoping center I happened to brush shoulders with the old guy.As usual I said SALAM to the old guy. To my surprise he replied to me in a feeble voice, “Atheer, you happen to say Salam to me always, yaat ahayt, I mean qolomaat ahayt".I was raged without bounds. I replied in an affirmative voice that I was only saying Salam because he is an older guy and that I happen to see him always in the masjid.The old man paused and little abashed continued “ atheer ninficaan batahay Igaraliahawâ€. This stayed with me for the remainder of the day in a state of utter stuupidity.

Back in Kenya when I was growing up the only qabiil I knew was the neighbor. But when the war broke out things changed. Suddenly I had a neighbor who “murdered†my folks in Somalia. I could hear the politics of Somalia in my ear shot. The funny thing was there was intermarriage between the clans. I had cousins who might be fighting with my folks, but our families made sure to protect us. Of what is strange is here in the western world. This is where I am finding more of a group affiliation. This is where I am finding more of incoherent form of Qabyalad.

-Lily-   

Stoic I think everyone has had some sort of bad qabil moment. We have a neighbour who when we moved into our house here, first thing she asked us was which qolo we were. When she discoverd we were not from her side of the country,( not that we were even a qabil who did her qabil any harm) she blatendly ignored us. My parents said it was our duty to say 'Salam' regardless. She used to cross the road when we got near to her, it was funny. Anyways, it has taken her 5 years but she now smiles and returns the Salam, she even asks you how you are and has come round one or two times.

Nur, the one who annoys and enlightens at the same time, what I wanted to ask you was (if it doesn't come under personal) if you studied Islamic studies or you just learned it on your own? How long did it take you to get where you are,in terms of knowledge? Is E-Nuri a one man show?

Guhaad   

since this has turned into tell&ask, let me go with the flow;

tell;

i onced got a ride from a man i saw couple of times around the area where he picked me up. i was not going any place far but he offered me a ride which i couldn't nay. i accepted the ride, and while on the rode, he asked me some questions. it is very weird how things coincide at times. he asked me if Hebel was my uncle, he apparently knew someone with a similar name. thinking it was my uncle, i answered in the affirmative. it was after he connected the lines, that he turned to me, looked me in the eye, and said 'you should learn very hard cuz reer Hebel will need you to....' and i said okay, not wanting to disappoint a man that has done me a favor. whenever I met the guy in the street, there is that touch of guilt on his face, sometimes trying to avoid me. that is why i walked up to him one time and said 'you did nothing wrong, you did the same thing my real uncle would have done'.

ask;

1. Shiikh Nuur, do you live in N. America or Europe

2. why do you say eNur is a profit based than a non-profit one, just wondering even if you didn't meant it

Hayat   

i have put much thought into this........kaafaxiye and the rest of the others who have complained or should i say talked about their experience with qabiliste individuals. firstly i don't think these people are wanting to know what qabil you are for the sole purpose of denying aquitance with you just because you are not "hebel-hebel", but the reason being that since most of us somalis have immigrated from our homeland, most of peoples families are still back home. so in an attempt to bridge this gap, they must look for a secondary family i.e. qarabo qansah. so they are not on a whole affected with tribal affilited disorder, but rather looking for their extended families, which for the time being will serve as "family". as for me, yes i have had numerous incidents where people have asked if i was "hebel-hebels" daughter or sister, only to be shunned after i reply with a head-shake, or a mighty grin if in the affirmative, but i never really take it to heart. personally i would love to extend my family and have it consisting of as much qabil as possible. variety is the key.

Nur   

Waterlilly

Yes, I did have formal Islamic Education in addition to an informal ( Tutored, Xalaqaat) ,but if I look back to assess where I have picked up most kjnowledge , I would have to say, is due my search for an answer to an issue in which most people were ignorant, and the Sheikhs would not have a ready answer, that is when i would have the drive to find an answer without stopping short of being convinced.

One such Futuux ( breakthrough of knowledge that Allah SWT has shown me after confusion ) was the connection of sin and kufr, the answer of which I foun in the unlikliest of sources, a book by sheikh Ibn Taymiyah Titled " Al Saarimul Al Masluul, Calaa Shaatimul Rasuul" which he wrote as a defense against a claim that a person who insulted the Messeneger SAWS, can be considered a Muslim. In that book, the sheikh clarified many issue that never before were clear to me from all other sources combined. A summary of mu findings are found here in a thread titled " Am I A Munaafiq" Since then, I read the oldest and least eyecatching Islamic sources to find answers to problesm that need a solution, and alhamdulilah the strategy is working fine.

Kafaaxiye walaal you ask:

1. Do you live in N. America or Europe?

I am mobile, always in motion, Europe and North America are two of my frequent stops, although I relate more to North America than Europe due to my Somali Nomad audience concentration in Minneapolis -Saint Paul, Ohio, Greater DC ( Maryland, DC and Virginia) , Toronto and Ottawa. Atlanta to an extent, and for that matter Southern California, San Diego, Orange county, and Seattle and Vancouver in west coast. As for Europe, UK tops my preferred stops.

Sorry, aboyt the ambiguity of profit, non Profit issue: What I meant was that we are not for a worldly profit, but we are seeking a profit in terms of reward for akhira, JZK for bringing this to my attention, I will correct it.

Nomads.

I did not expect that this topic will spillover Qabiil issues, but why didnt you all respond te Qabil thread I posted, hardly no one responded to it, ?

Nur

Hayat   

Nur, how come you have yet to touch the country with the sweeping plains?.........(Australia offcourse). also wanted to ask, do you give da'wah, why are u mobile frequently?

Nur   

Vipe

I had a chance once to take a specialized training course for a software package in Sydney, but, the company offered to train me in my location, for free, ( They had other clients who bought the same software who needed training in my region) now that was good and bad, because I had Cairns in my mind, 2000 kilometers of pure coral reefs of all kinds of exotic marine life, crustacians, and tropical fish, if you live close to Cairns, eNuri entourage will be honored to visit and be your guest.

Nur

Hayat   

i c. well the idea that you had cairns in mind was a bit of surprise, but the thought counts.anywayz mashallah keep doing what you do best. my allahs force be with you. icon_razz.gif

S.O.S   

a/c,

Brother Nur,

I've no enough energy to discuss tribal faults and it's abuse/misuse, but would like to make some time soon. I should admire your condition and determination, because these things ere crucial to be able to run such times in the morning over such distances...and not the least because it helps you generate so many creative ideas. I tried to run in some mornings when I used to compete in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, but it was too difficult and inconvenient, so I opted cycling instead which suits me much better. I remember when I started cycling first as a schoolboy going up and down, back and forth on a bridge crossing a big river nearby after watching le tour de france, pretending to be Miguel Indurain sprinting away from the pleton on the Pyrenees or mount Alp Duez. :D

It was very interesting that you mentioned S. A. A. Mauwdudi and A. H. A. Nadwi. Indo-Pak sub-continent scholars and thinkers don't get often the praise they deserve (especially from us somalis), but personally I owe them a great deal of debt. Did you know that Mauwdudi ones attempted to visit somalia during the colonisation early 60's? I read that in a published correspondence letters between him and Maryam Jameelah, where he stated that illness and imprisonment had prevented him from touring in selected places in Africa starting from the British administered Somalia. I wonder what would have happened had he succeeded in achieving that.

w/c

Nur   

S.O.S

Right after the collapse of the Caliphate in Turkey back in 1924, India was a hotbed of all streams of Islamic thought, great schools and Madarasas were producing very knowldegeable Ulima, at the same time there were movemenmts like the Qadyaniya( Ahamadia) and the Quraaniyoun who did away with Sunnah all together, it was in that environment that Mawdudi and Nadwi they were formed, their writings have the aroma of defenders of an embattled faith.

Nur