Sign in to follow this  
me

BREAKING NEWS: Puntland wey goosanaysaa.

Fabregas   

@Mintid;

If claiming that only money schemers are returning to PL, and that good old families are returning to Mog and SL- is not demonization and spreading misleading tales, then, frankly I do not know what is. Yes, there are families who have returned to PL, so you allegation is indeed misleading. I do not understand why you had to resort to making up some grand economic theory based upon families returns-in order to simply say what is regurgitated at SOmali cafes:

Pirateland is bad- SL is heaven on earth and we do not like them. :D Just spill it out dee ;)

good day ppl

Lol@Mintid

you based your whole economic arguments on Hawalah and family going back to cities. In which you have failed to backed up with examples or proof.

Mintid

Anecdotal evidence is not facts, bossaso port earns more revenue than berbera.

A long coastline, not to mention, possible oil in puntland. Puntland is more than capable of being an independent country, but I don't think the will is there for puntland citizens, because they still feel connected to the somali republic. Unlike somalilanders, puntlanders have no ill will towards their fellow somali's and would like to see all of them succeed.

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

if i may answer for him, red sea, the answer is simple, and i mean that with all honesty. Puntland gave the country a chance to resurrect itself. Not only that, it was the vanguard reason in a sea of irrational, clannish, childish and selfish heblayolands. Puntland focused on its own internal development and spared no resources, both human and financial, in guiding other Somalis to a more equitable and just return to statehood. Somaliland, on the other hand, has been part of the problem. It gave the country no chance right itself and declared unilateral independence. It attacked its neighbor, puntland, instead of working with them to stabilize the country. yeah, i know some might one to get into a long discussion about who attacked who, but if you asking the question in an honest way and in trying to understand the other side, that is your answer.

Well said.

My friends from Puntland,

You're taking this far too personal.So let's look at facts that we can all agree on. It was decided at the recent meeting of Puntland Isims that since no Puntland Armed Forces exist currently, a militia of 300 men should be immediately formed for Garowe city for election purposes that would keep the deteriorating security situation under control for the upcoming elections. This force would have to be created from scratch since no such force currently exists within Puntland. The warlord style practice of Presidential candidates travelling around with their own technicals and militias would no longer be tolerated in Garowe according to the Isims' declaration. The same was previously arranged in Galkacayo when Ade Muse handed over security matters to the local leadership a few months ago.

Ade Muse has continuously apologized for the lack of salaries for the Puntland administration for the last year. Now if Puntland is such an economic powerhouse, where is the money going? The TFG when it's had access to funds has been directly funded by the E.U. via UNDP (security forces and civil service) so Puntland is definitely not paying those salaries.

Somaliland on the other hand does not miss a month of salary for any of its civil servants (not to mention the robust security services). Now Somaliland receives no supplementary budgetary assistance from international organizations or nations - but does this through purely its own revenue collection systems.

Additionally since people are people (no people are innately better than any other), when extreme poverty pushes humans to the edge, they usually turn to crime out of desperation. Hence, the piracy issue and the inability of the Puntland administration to do anything to correct the problem. The Puntland leadership at the highest level has admitted that they are powerless to stop the pirates right in their midst. In fact,according to all news reports (both Somali and foreign), the pirates due to their wealth are the strongest force within Puntland currently. That's why even Abdullahi Yusuf had to appeal to them to release the Yemeni ship. He didn't order them to release the ship nor did he arrest them as any head of state would have done if he had the power.

My friends, Puntland is a paper tiger, and no amount of propaganda can cover that up. The facts are there for all to see. Your defense of your homeland is admirable, but your leaders have let the cat out of the bag a long time ago.

Mintid, you are mixing things up dee saaxiib. The reason why the salary of PL police have not been paid or the piracy crisis, have a lot to do with PL's admin resource mismanagement than its economy. Because the rule of law deteriorated under Adde admin, all things went crazy.

Truth of the fact is that Somalia is a poor country with little known resource (at least as of now)but people whether in the south or north manage to get by their daily lives with no contempt toward anyone. So, please refrain from these attempts of making if some people are way richer than others when we all know where Somalis as a whole stand in this world.

Gheelle this Mintid guy wuxuu rabaa inuu Puntland ku shahiido ee maad deysid.

Midda kale Geellow, ka warran Goroowe awoowe! I gather the arbitaration committee is agreed upon now, and things are sat to go smooth come election day. Maaha?

Xiinow, all I know is that some of the candidate were not happy with Adde's rejection of the "Issim's resolution" but they all agree that the election should go on. I heard there is some genuine commitment on Adde's site this time around. I think he is coming to his sense now and saw how bad things went. The good thing is that Issims are there to safeguard the semblance of peace in PL. I hope things to go smooth and mayhem in Baydhabo will/should not consumed PL. Adigu maxaa haysaa camu?

^^Kaama fogi saaxiib!

My sense is a new dawn is approaching PL. Kheyr baa soo socda. My feeds tell the General with the sharp teeth have a very good chance of taking the PL helm given the present clannish matrix, and that wont be bad at all.

Cadde's chance's of coming back is very slim, electorally. PL has no apetite of political instability. Abdullahi Yusuf has had his time, and his political fortunes seems to have gone with the wind as it were. I hope he does not come back to disrupt a potential peacefull transfer of power in PL.

Kheyr insha Allah...

Odeyga has drained PL to its knees of course with the help of the buffoon. And my sense tells me that if he loses the political fight waging in B-janaay, the likelihood of him coming back to PL is high. Ma iska nasan doonaa oo fariisan mise lugaha ayuu la gali doona? that is something we will have to wait and see.

As for the General Ilka taking the helm, I agree with you even though he may not be my favorite pick, but he is definitely a man with integrity and can take PL to a new dawn.

I was with Nuradin, and still wish he wins awoowe. But the current setting may not allow that outcome. He's young and professional and will have another shot insha Allah...