Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Ethiopia Prepared to Invade Somalia

Jacpher   

Ethiopia Says It's Prepared to Invade Somalia to Defend Government Against Islamic Militia

By LES NEUHAUS

NAIROBI, Kenya Jul 19, 2006 (AP)— Ethiopia is prepared to invade neighboring Somalia to defend its U.N.-backed government against what appeared to be an imminent attack by Islamic militiamen, a government spokesman said Wednesday.

The militiamen, who hold most of southern Somalia, deployed hundreds of fighters outside the town where the largely powerless government is based and said they planned to seize it.

"We have the responsibility to defend the border and the Somali government. We will crush them," Ethiopia's Minister of Information, Berhan Hailu, told The Associated Press.

Seizing the town of Baidoa would give the Islamic militia which the United States has linked to al-Qaida the uncontested authority over most of Somalia.

Somali transitional President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed is allied with Ethiopia, and has asked for its support. Ethiopia has intervened militarily in Somalia in the past, and hundreds of Ethiopian troops have been spotted along the countries' border in recent weeks.

The Somali Islamist militants are allied with Muslim separatists in the Oromo region of Ethiopia.

Source

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

"We have the responsibility to defend the border and the Somali government. We will crush them," Ethiopia's Minister of Information, Berhan Hailu, told The Associated Press.

Who gave them the responsibility to defend the somali government? such remarks agitate me and yet no one from the TFG is saying anything about it. :mad:

Wiilo, kep up your insults, you must know me well sister...

Dhubad, I think Geedi spoke the same line as the Ethiopians.. Its tragic the TFG is openly courting the Ethiopians, not in my name..

Wiilo   

GD sxiib haddii aad xanaaqday raali ahow 100% and in fact kuma insult-garayn haddii aad fiiriso qaraalkayga.

Go figure:..........

Its not a matter of anger, I see it as it is. You mean to make a point but went about it the wrong way... As for your opinion its all yours my sister..

was it really a secret that The neighboring nation would come aid the TFG if was attacked. IT will not only be ethiopia but many other countries. these nations have vowed to assist with whatever needs if these factions attacked the government. Who will come to aid these so called wadaads? Eriteria is only trying to distract ethiopia from its borders.

Dhubad.   

^If he indeed said that how would he expect to get public support for his government? There is no love between us and Amaxaro everyone knows that.

Look even if they get support from Ethiopia they shouldn’t make it public at least. Some times I feel no one from the TFG is actually a politian, every looser grubs the mice and says whatever comes to his mind without thinking the consequence of his speech.

War wuxu maxay ahaayeen!

The TFG is led by Geedi and Jurile who truly piss me of, what on earth do we need to fear from ourselfs that we need Ethiopia to come to our rescue?

I understood the argument for peace keepers but a full invasion by Ethiopia is nonsical, who will get them out? I fear these Ethioians much more than any Somali, warlord or wadaad..

If this happens the TFG is finished...

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

was it really a secret that The neighboring nation would come aid the TFG if was attacked. IT will not only be ethiopia but many other countries. these nations have vowed to assist with whatever needs if these factions attacked the government. Who will come to aid these so called wadaads? Eriteria is only trying to distract ethiopia from its borders.

You see you don't understand what is at stake? When the TFG says that publicly they loose public support and that is what matters.

For the courts, they have Allah and the Somali public support with their side so who wins is clear if there is war between them but let’s hope that does not happen IA

Gabbal   

General Duke-

I hope you understand where my concerns lied from the get go. Wallahi aad baan ugu farxay dareenkaad muujisay.

If Ethiopia is emboldened by the Israeli attacks in Lebanon, I dare say they have a thing or two coming their way!

^^^ My info is just like yours and I have few contacts in the inside. Now conecting the dots we can see there is a clear conspiracy, one that is against the people of Somalia as a whole.

We are being pushed into a scenario we do not want, much like how the warlords of Moadishu were being financed by outsiders to continue their war. Now our PM and minister Jurile are fighting to prevent dialogue and are making statements contrary to our national interest. The courts are new power, they must be brought into the fold and respected. It was only yesteday the government agreed to go back to Khartum and behold we get this news. Why make a big deal about a few gun men coming and leaving Bur Hakabo? Was it not your responsability Mr PM to secure Bur Hakabo? Why do we need the Ethiopains to crush a Somali faction?

Horn, you was right on this issue from he get go..

Jacpher   

Naxar, are you tanag daloola or what? Filthy amxaaro are coming and you’re in celebratory mode?

The invasion of Ethiopian army inside Somalia will not solve any of our problems even if they forcefully stall Yeey, their proxy president. Sure Yeey and Ethiopia may have the upper hand for few hours, not days or weeks. It would work against xabashi iyo gaalo raacyada la socda and unify Somali functions. Take my word for it sxb. The Ethiopian involvement in Somalia would only prolong Somalia’s instability and chaos. Nothing good will come out of it. Such thing is Axmaaro’s ultimate goal. Yeey is the tool here and ICU is used as scapegoat.

No brother I am not tanaag daloola. I just understand Somalia's true enemy and is not Amxaaros. Masaakiintas mar hore ayey iska fadhisten. I also see, like the rest of the world, that the government is our best hope for getting out of this endless cycle of anarchy and moryaanism. Without being blinded by ancient rivelry between Somalis and Xabashas, everyone can see that it is to the benefit of our countrie's government to get this help, not that it is in a position to reject any assistence, even from the ethios who seem lately to have realized that regional stablility is in the interst of all unlike us somalis who can not even seem to agree on the stability of our country let alone regional and world stability.