Sign in to follow this  
Truth Seeker

Saudi Mufti issues fatwa calling people to inform on militants

A committee headed by the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul-Aziz al-Sheikh, has issued a fatwa condemning the recent attacks on western targets in the Kingdom, and instructing people to inform on those preparing further attacks.

The committee urged those plotting to attack western interests to "fear God almighty and come to their senses".

One has to ask, why are such government-backed committees and Sheikhs so ready to issue fatwa upon fatwa defending western interests? They were noticeably silent about the western invasion, occupation and mass bloodshed in the Muslims lands of Iraq and Afghanistan? In fact, some of them even issued fatwa to justify these evil actions, and backed their wretched rulers assistance of the western aims.

Clearly these government-backed Sheikhs, who ally themselves with slaves of the western world, should pay attention to their own advice, "fear God almighty and come to their senses".

June 05, 2004 www.1924.org

NGONGE   

Truth Seeker, do you agree with the killing of unarmed people?

These people killing westerners could have displayed their anger and disagreement with their government’s conduct in various ways, which don’t include the killing of innocent people, saaxib. Their argument that the West (and it’s puppet client governments) is exploiting Muslims and Islam might be correct but their methods of countering this exploitation is not. If their aim is to cause maximum disruption and damage or destroy Western interests in the World, they could have targeted the Oil installations, they could have targeted armies, transport or even use the Internet to spread worms and viruses into financial institution’s computer networks! I’m not saying I agree with any of these suggestions and ideas. I’m not saying I would condone them but I would have more respect for these guys and their fight had they chosen to follow that route rather than killing unarmed civilians and treating it as a triumph for Muslims and Islam. Besides, most of the victims of these groups are MUSLIMS. :mad:

Qac Qaac   

Ngonge, sxb, meesha waxaa la isku heesto, is the game of words, they call themselves INNOCENT, CIVILIANS, AND WE CALL THEM OCCUPIERS. so be carefull and don't be quick to judge. i agree with trueth seeker here, only when westerners dies they talk, not when muslims are dying all over.

Isreali's in Palestine call themselves civilians, and killing civilians is wrong everyone knows that, but they are not civilians they are occupiers, just like those in Iraq.

asalaamu alaykum

One has to ask, why are such government-backed committees and Sheikhs so ready to issue fatwa upon fatwa defending western interests? They were noticeably silent about the western invasion, occupation and mass bloodshed in the Muslims lands of Iraq and Afghanistan? In fact, some of them even issued fatwa to justify these evil actions, and backed their wretched rulers assistance of the western aims.

I think this was the point of the article. I dont think it was to justify the actions of the militants as much as it was to question readiness of these "government-backed committees and Sheikhs" to issue a fatwa now that Westerners have been attacked when they have been known to be silent against the atrocities committed against the ummah both by the West and their own gov'ts.

NGONGE   

Ngonge, sxb, meesha waxaa la isku heesto, is the game of words, they call themselves INNOCENT, CIVILIANS, AND WE CALL THEM OCCUPIERS. so be carefull and don't be quick to judge. i agree with trueth seeker here, only when westerners dies they talk, not when muslims are dying all over.

I think we’re going to go over the Nick Berg story again here. How could a journalist be classed as an “occupier”? Where do we draw the line on what is Just and morally (Islamic-ly) correct and what’s not? The war of words you speak of is all well and good in Iraq and Palestine (we might as well use the Westerners favourite term of “collateral damage”), however I don’t think it justifies the killing of unarmed civilians (Muslim or otherwise) in Saudi Arabia.

Conscious Manipulation,

“One has to ask, why are such government-backed committees and Sheikhs so ready to issue fatwa upon fatwa defending western interests?”

As you can see, the answer is in the question itself. GOVERNMENT-BACKED COMMITTEES AND SHEIKHS!

There isn’t much we can say or add to that age-old travesty. Still, sometimes, those committees and sheikhs get it right.

The point in the posting was not the issue of killings of western civilians but rather the call of the Government backed scholars and the hypocrisy they have know shown.

- Where were their fatwas before the Iraq war?

- Where were their fatwas at the torture of Muslims in Abu Ghraib?

- Where are their fatwas when the rulers rule by kufr?

- etc....

I personally cannot believe how a scholar who knows about Islam (its one thing being ignorant) yet still does not comply with it despite knowing that Allah (swt) will account them. They are in a priveledged position with even the Prophet (saw) stating that they are the inheritors of the Prophet.

The issue of killing civilians is haram, however how you determine what a civilian is could be argued from my understanding, but this was not the purpose of the thread.

Do u have any evidence that they have not issued fatwas regarding the above mentioned. you know u just talk, but really u have no scope, but only want to criticize just for the sake.

do u realize how many muslims asked many shaikhs in saudia if they could go n fight in iraq, same for bosnia, chechnya, etc...

but just cuz the west now is interested in this one single fatwa all of sudden u r ears perk up like like a dog who smelled some piss.

nways next time put some reflection into ur post na imean

Innalhamdulillah...Wa alaykum wa rahmatullah

why dont people fear Allah before they speak....my is it that everyone likes to follow their Hawa(desires)?

its amazing how so many people like to belittle the scholars of the kingdom when they know nothing about them...

they did issue fatawah....its just that you igorant folks are asleep to know about it.

here is a few examples:

Makkah Imam Takes US to Task on Iraq

JEDDAH, 10 April 2004 — The imam at the Grand Mosque in Makkah yesterday lambasted the United States and its allies in Iraq for double-speak.

“Although they claim they are the advocates of reform and freedom, they are in fact the forces of destruction and devastation,” Sheikh Saud Al-Shuraim said in an apparent reference to the US-led occupation forces in Iraq.

Delivering his Friday sermon to thousands of faithful who packed the large mosque complex, the imam asked how missiles and machine guns could bring peace and freedom to the people of Palestine and Iraq. “They promise them a comfortable life built on torn bodies...They want us to believe that destruction is reform, killing is life, disorder is order and injustice is justice,” he added.

The imam slammed the United States also for using its veto against UN Security Council resolutions condemning Israel’s occupation of Palestine, contrasting the international outcry over the killing of four security contractors in Fallujah with the relative silence meeting Israeli actions in the occupied territories.

“How can they consider the killing of four individuals a major crime and ignore the killing of a whole nation?” Shuraim, one of the imams at the Grand Mosque, asked.

The imam said the Islamic world was passing through a difficult phase. “The Muslim nation finds no refuge from the injustice of the tyrant and international terrorism,” he said.

Example 2:

The Imaams of Makkah and Madeenah call for immediate halt to war in Iraq...

The imam of the Grand Mosque in Makkah yesterday (Friday 28 March, 2003) called for an immediate halt to the war on Iraq as people across the Gulf prayed for the victory of the Iraqi people against the US-British aggressors.

“This unjust war must stop immediately. If it continues, it will only fuel hatred and conflicts” between nations, said Dr. Saleh ibn Abdullah Humaid, who is also chairman of the Shoura Council.

Delivering his Friday sermon to more than 500,000 faithful thronging the large mosque complex, Sheikh Humaid urged the international community to stand by the Iraqi people. “Truth and justice demand that we stand by the Iraqi people,” he added.

In his televised address, Humaid said that launching the war on Baghdad was a grave mistake. “This is a lost war and there will be no winners,” the imam said.

Humaid also urged world leaders to respond to the calls for peace by taking effective steps to end the US-led war. “Our world today is in need of justice, charters and clear agreements, which should be followed by every country without exception.

“There must be good intentions and sincere cooperation for the welfare and happiness of all,” he said.

The Haram imam urged Muslims to unite and avoid differences to confront the challenges facing them. “We have to achieve real freedom by restricting our worship to God alone,” he added.

Dr. Humaid stressed that the Islamic nation would not have been affected by foreign attacks if internal wrangling had not weakened it. “Muslims can regain their power by strengthening their faith in God and implementing the Shariah.”

He cautioned the public about the media war launched by sections of the Western media organization and urged them to distinguish between truth and rumor. “Enemies spread false reports to create chaos and confusion among Muslims, create fear, destroy their morale and weaken their self-confidence,” he added. Humaid urged Muslims to learn from the present crisis and stand united.

Saudi Arabia has opposed the US-led war on Iraq and called for an immediate end to it.

The Kingdom has also rejected a military occupation of Iraq and has warned that a continuation of the war would affect Saudi-US relations.

Security measures in the Kingdom have been beefed up, with police patrols guarding main streets, government institutions and shopping malls.

The Haram imam also condemned the killing of innocent people in Iraq by the Anglo-American forces. “Bodies are shattered and dismembered, many people have lost their loved ones, many are missing. There is destruction everywhere,” he said.

Sheikh Salah Al-Bedair, the imam and khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah, prayed for “our weak Muslim brothers in Iraq and for the destruction of the aggressors.”

Bedair referred to reports of Muslim women, children and the elderly being killed and injured in Iraq and urged Muslims all over the world to pray for their brethren in Iraq.

the rest is too long for me to paste it here: so you can read it here

Source: fatwaonline.com

there were 8 fatawah issued concerning Iraq by the likes of Shaykh Rabee, Ubaid Jabeeri...Zayd ibn Muhammad ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee...ect..So

The point in the posting was not the issue of killings of western civilians but rather the call of the Government backed scholars and the hypocrisy they have know shown

Truth Seeker where were u when they were issued?uh? in your confortable house eating their flesh.....

Where are their fatwas when the rulers rule by kufr?

as for this well its a lengthy discusion....and if you werent sleeping you would know about it...the like of Ibn Uthaymin...albani all gave fatwahs concerning this topic....you should read it ....let me help you out....

there is a fatwah by Shaykh Albani talking about those who rule by other then what Allah revealed and u can find it here:http://www.albani.co.uk.......there are other scholars who gave fatawah about this issue but its like 100 pages in DpF so if your intersted ill send it to u.

So next time becareful what you say concernin Ahlul Ilm, for Very Allah said:

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge off. Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allâh). (17:36)

sahal   

Originally posted by Salafi_Online:

Innalhamdulillah...Wa alaykum wa rahmatullah

Saudi Arabia has opposed the US-led war on Iraq and called for an immediate end to it.

The Kingdom has also rejected a military occupation of Iraq and has warned that a continuation of the war would affect Saudi-US relations.

Security measures in the Kingdom have been beefed up, with police patrols guarding main streets, government institutions and shopping malls.

Source: fatwaonline.com

US adminstration itself admitted that BANDAR B. Suldan, Fahad's Ambassadrto the United States (that's what they call to all their Ambassadors) was called by White House and informed the plan of invasion of Iraq even before Collin Powell was informed, and the most US soldiers and planes that invaded Iraq come from Saudian bases and you're coming to tell us these lies from Saudi MEDIA, you should fear ALLAH and don't copy for us SAUDI MEDIA.

NGONGE   

Sahal, the Saudis did condemn this war even if they had prior knowledge of it. The points the brother made above all stand. If in doubt, I think we better say nothing on wheatear some of these guys are traitors or not. :(

Salafi, if we’re being ignorant saaxib maybe a little gentle persuasion will be more beneficial to us than mere rants! Most people shut their ears when they feel they’re being attacked. smile.gif

I notice how the name of Shaikh bin Baz was not mentioned and his notorious fatwa.

You quote all these scholars saying about Iraq yet they do not say anything about the kingdom ruling by kufr... or am i wrong, actually they are the scholars in the prisons.

A general point on the salaf, i find it astounding that they fail to criticise the rulers for ruling by kufr (in some cases even shirk) yet love to say how the ummah is destroyed as it associates partners with Allah.

sahal   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Sahal, the Saudis did condemn this war even if they had prior knowledge of it.
smile.gif

NGONGE, sxb this is their tactics, they may condemn and show the people that they're not happy, but the reality is what they're doing and what we see on TV channales.

before they were creating conflicts and unrests in other muslim countries, this now returned their own country and they deployed their scholars to issue fatwas condemning these attacks, one wonders why these scholars didn't issue such fatwas when some froups were killing and slaughtering innocent civilians in Algeria, Egypt and other countries, instead they were helping financialy some of these groups particullarly the so-called Salafi groups financialy and even emotionaly by saying comments such as " our salafi brothers etc".

Thus when the fire come their home they cry and they want us to cry with them :eek:

the Somalis already say: GOD WALAAL HA QODIN HADDAAD QODINNA HA DHEERAYN KU DHICI DOONTIDAA MA OGIDE.

Innalhamdulillah...Wa alaykum salam

Saxib NGONGE, sorry but i dont have no tolerance for people who speak about Allah's religion without knowledge and assault the scholars who are the medicine of the ummah, Just cause they are ignorant of the issues, they think cause they have not come across it, surely it must not of happend, thats their train of thought,

allow me to demonstrate.

Lets start with so called truth Seeker, seems to me the only thing he/she is seeking is fitnah

he says:

You quote all these scholars saying about Iraq yet they do not say anything about the kingdom ruling by kufr... or am i wrong, actually they are the scholars in the prisons.

first you where accusing the Scholars of the kingdom not speakin about Iraq, and i proved u wrong, now u accuse them of not talking about Ruling with kufr, well here...they did

www.albani.co.uk

entitle: Concerning Those Who Do Not Rule by what Allaah SWT has Revealed(shariyah)

Note: Once u click on this, then click on the title again, for more fatwas

the likes of Bin Baaz, Albani, saleh fawzan, Ibn Uthaymin and more...

A general point on the salaf, i find it astounding that they fail to criticise the rulers for ruling by kufr (in some cases even shirk) yet love to say how the ummah is destroyed as it associates partners with Allah.

Fitnah Seeker, how does it feel to lie upon the scholars of Islam?

sahal:

the most US soldiers and planes that invaded Iraq come from Saudian bases and you're coming to tell us these lies from Saudi MEDIA, you should fear ALLAH and don't copy for us SAUDI MEDIA.

Saudi Media Lies?!? well american media is sooooo truthworthy aint it? plus this was an issue of Saudi Scholars not the goverment. read the initial thread again buddy!

look at this guy:

one wonders why these scholars didn't issue such fatwas when some froups were killing and slaughtering innocent civilians in Algeria, Egypt and other countries, instead they were helping financialy some of these groups particullarly the so-called Salafi groups financialy and even emotionaly by saying comments such as " our salafi brothers etc".

I say to you, what Allah said to the Mushriks Sahal," Bring your prove, if u indeed speak the truth"

and once again the scholars of the kingdom and others spoke about the fitnah in algeria, and afganistan, and chechnia, as matter of fact, Uthaymin, use to give half his pay check to support the fighters in chechnia, and he use to make dua for them in public, so Sahal, what did u do for the suffering muslims, you came out of your den to eat the flesh of the most pious people in the world.

but the reality is what they're doing and what we see on TV channales.

Reality is what u see on T.V? u just exposed yourself!

the most dangerous people in society are those who speak without knowledge, thats because they cause more harm then good.