Sign in to follow this  
Dr Ligle

Puntland Hosting The Somali Olympics

Dr Ligle   

Puntland to host Somali regional Olympic Games

Mogadishu Sunday 30 August 2009 SMC

For the second time in less than ten years, the Somali semiautonomous region of Puntland will host the nation’s regional Olympic Games which are due to be held in the city of Garowe by the end of this year.

Somali NOC First Vice-president of International Relations Duran Ahmed Farah said in a press conference on Saturday that Somali Olympic committee and Puntland authorities had reached a mutual understanding on the region hosting of the Olympic Games.

For the past few days a high level Somali Olympic delegation under the chairmanship of Mr Duran Farah including SFF president Said Mahmud Nur has been visiting Puntland where they held meetings with Puntland authorities including President Abdurahman Mahmoud Faroole, his deputy Abdi Samad Ali Shire and the regional sports minister Mohamed Abdi Nur.

“During our visit to Puntland we discussed many issues including the widening of sports activities throughout all regions, particularly the peaceful areas like Puntland,” Duran told the media.

According to Duran the President of Puntland Abdurahman Faroole has warmly welcomed the constructive ideas presented by the Somali NOC and its member federations, pledging that his administration will stop at nothing to help develop the reviving sport in Somalia.

“The Puntland administration will be responsible for the reservations and we are very grateful," Duran said, adding that "15 regions and Somali expatriate sporting communities in Europe and north America will participate in the regional competition".

President Faroole described the participation of Somali sporting communities in Europe and North America as a tangible breakthrough.

The Puntland region first hosted the Somali regional Olympic Games in 2000.

Isboorti Chief Editor

Said Ibrahim Hussein (BUUNA)

Cell Phone:+2525-0-982912

+2526-2-272145

Email:buuna@isboorti .com

Somaliweyn Media Center “SMC

Source: http://www.somaliwey n.org/pages/news/Ago s_09/30Ago32.html

Excellent job puntland!!! smile.gif

ANWAR   

FOR Puntlanders by Puntlanders in WEST!

But sey call it Somali regional Olympic Games for get monye

IT DONT surprise ME

Dr Ligle   

Anwar 15 regions are participating!!!! cant you read? now puntland is 15 regions right!!! its that sort of ignorance that keeps you in ignorance...free yourself with truth

ANWAR   

^^^^^^^^^^]15 regions OF WHAT??

DO PUNTLAND HAVE 15 REGION :confused:

Dont tell me people from southern somalia or somaliland ARE coming :D:D

Poker   

Only retarded individual would participate in such event held in a dusty village in the middle of no where.

17 regions ku lahaa!

:D

Dr Ligle   

Semi arid desert is good because it is giving us $67 million dollars in oil revenues...does your bannanas and farms earn u that sort of income?

looooooool we are going to be like saudi arabia, while u can be like ethiopia a beautiful landscape ethiopia has but the poorest ppl on earth because agriculture doesnt make money!!!

Bye bye africa, puntland is becoming opec member

Poker   

^^Like I said special Olympics could be the only chance! So good luck for the recruiting. It wouldn't be that difficult to spot Ina Gaweeto and Mr. Somalia in the crowd.....that will be the day :D

Dr Ligle   

Can i ask u guys why you hate puntland? Seriously it baffles me!!! What do u want us to do be like sland and just ignore hamar and let them die?

Would u think its honorable to just have your brother fall over and just ignore him? this is the sland policy...well that is not garowe policy, we are trying to lift him up and trying to clear the obstacles in his way from standing.

I really am amazed what the hell u want puntland to do? u want us to just ignore hamar and continue with our oil projects like it dont matter what happens in hamar or innocent ppl die?

U see in washington, america realized sland is selfish ppl who just care for their recognition and not trying to help in finding peace in hamar. Obviously america has promised to punish them for that an isolate them further, where-as puntland was rewarded with support and recognition of the federal charter of the tfg!!!

anyways at least washington knows puntland is good state and is trying its hardest to find peace for the political crisis in somalia and somalis can continue to hate us which is up to u and not our problem.

"I really am amazed what the hell u want puntland to do? u want us to just ignore hamar and continue with our oil projects like it dont matter what happens in hamar or innocent ppl die?"

Nigro please! How altruistic of Puntland to involve other regions into "its oil projects", who's residents ironically lost 16000 people as a result of puntland's ambition to forcefully put one of their own in villa Somalia! Did you even think before you uttered that nonesense? The shamelessness and munaafaqnimo of puntlanders is astounding to say the least. At least we s/landers don't give a toss about what happens in that zoo of yours you call a nation, and all we ask for in return is for you people to take a hike and get off our case. With regards to these special olympics, i doubt you will find athlets who qualify to take part from other regions.. i mean that would be cheating, and thus give an unfair advantage to those aliens over the special local ones,no?