Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland Police Arrest TFG MPs

NGONGE   

What is the punishment for treason in SL, JB? Life time imprisonment? Death by firing squad or deportation?

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOOL Have you not seen the number of none-Somalilanders in Hargiesa and Burco? Based on that I would assume this law is not enforced let alone punishment. I guess it is only enforced if you are famous or part of the Somalia government.

Soon you will here that SLanders standing around in maqaxiis "This none-Somalilanders come to our country, they take our jobs....." icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ You're missing the point. This is not about so called "foreigners". It is about people from SL who go to work for the TFG. SL law regards this as some sort of treason. Wax fahan.

Everyone who participated in the TNG and TFG were warned. They have participated on behalf of Dirta Waqooyi. And now Dirta Waqooyi is showing them that we will not condone such treasonable acts.

And everyone of those TFG MP's who set foot on Somaliland soil has been arrested and was released.

So I expect that they will be released after they

ask for forgiveness.

Safferz   

^ The Citizenship Law posted earlier in the thread mentioned that citizens of Somaliland are allowed to hold dual citizenship. I suppose this means they can be citizens of everywhere but Somalia? Wa ajeeb.

2. Any person[25] whose mother is a Somaliland citizen and has been
proved to have no father
[26] may be granted citizenship if he applies for it and fulfils the conditions[27] set out in this Law at paragraph 1 of this Article.

how do you prove if someone has no father?

:D

Originally posted by Safferz:

^ The Citizenship Law posted earlier in the thread mentioned that citizens of Somaliland are allowed to hold dual citizenship. I suppose this means they can be citizens of everywhere but Somalia? Wa ajeeb.

There are so many contradictions in this document that is not worth the bandwith or the paper is written on.examples:

Contradictions:

In Article 1.

(2) A Somaliland citizen by birth may acquire the citizenship of another country (dual nationality[13]) without losing his Somaliland citizenship[14].

Article 4:

(f) He must submit a declaration in which he is renouncing his previous citizenship, and must, at the same time, make the oath set out in Article 6 of this Law.

Article 6: oath

"I SWEAR BY ALLAH THAT I SHALL REMAIN TRUE TO THE COUNTRY OF SOMALILAND, OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND LAWS OF SOMALILAND AND RENOUNCE FULLY MY PREVIOUS CITIZENSHIP.”

Most Biased Document:

Article 9: Marriage of a female citizen and an alien

1. Any female alien who marries a male (Somaliland) citizen shall acquire[38] Somaliland citizenship and, unless she has renounced it, shall retain such citizenship even after her divorce.

2. Any female (Somaliland) citizen who marries a male alien shall lose her citizenship if she accepts[39] her husband’s citizenship.

3. A female citizen, who is married to a husband who has renounced his Somaliland citizenship and acquired another citizenship, shall lose[40] her (Somaliland) citizenship unless the husband was a refugee

Original sin:

Article 10: Children

1. Children under the age of majority[42] whose father acquired or lost or re-acquired Somaliland citizenship shall, in all these circumstances, be treated like their fathers under this Law.

Safferz   

I will have to check if there is any mention in the footnotes, but I would assume that 'previous citizenship' refers to the Somali Republic (probably why the page has a link to the Citizenship Law of 1960-1991). So the document is perfectly clear; you inherit Somaliland citizenship as you would inherit your clan (sorry hoyos!), and you can hold dual citizenship and hold allegiance to any other country (to exclude the Somaliland diaspora would be political/economic suicide) except Somalia.

NASSIR   

Given the lack of a central government, it becomes normal for self-appointed individuals to break ranks with their former allies out of political discontent. It has been the phenomenal aspect of the personality features of the Somali clan leaders or warlords locked in a power struggle. It happens to “Somaliland” itself whose leaders visit Mogadisho back and forth. Consequently, Abdirahman Tur, the founder of Somaliland, upon his conversion to the unionist camp, was denounced by Igaal and condemned to death in absentia on grounds of “seditious” activities. However, and to Igaal’s disbelief, Tuur returned to Burco and challenged Egal (RIP), in an overweening opinion of his power base derived from the support of his clan, that he was free to capture and arrest him. You have also witnessed the famous Buubaa, the former TFG foreign affairs minister and his conversion from a die-hard secessionist to a zealous advocator of Somali union.

I think reer Borame shouldn't let any other clan entity dictate who can visit their region. :D

Originally posted by The Zack:

[
quote:

cid u dhalatay Somaliland

What is their definition of "dhalatay"? Haddii uu Xamar, Kismayo ama Baydhabo ku dhashay xildhibaanku oo uu Hargeisa tago mala xidhi tolow...
We only arrest the ones who belong to Dhirta Waqooyi. :D