Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Jabbuuti Deal: the political settlement we are all crawling to reach!

Making headways . Yes there was a setback of sort, but it was just the normal wear-and-tear in political dealings---it didn't cause a big damage to the process.

Waryee A & T, warmaad isugtid asbuuc baa no dhimmane. Mark this page adeer, Oo goortaan ku qaabilo hadhow ha iskay qarine! That's when i come back to this page singing Gooni's famous verses:

Ragg cayaayir iyo maanso waa camaladiisiye'e

Caynaanka anigaw hayyiyyo celiyeeheediye

Mar haddaan callaqo looma furo cagaha dheel-dheele :D

markaan meel kaa fujiyoba meel kalaad iska laalaadisaa...

Theiry, ramadan karimm bro. Tell the naysayers that realists, in politics or otherwise, always defeat reactionary folks! And by reactionary folks I mean those who habitually dwell on past grievances! Accountability bay ku leeyihiin as though the organs of the state are intact. Some measure of justice is what we need right now. One way of doing that is in dheriga somaalidoo idili wada karsatto oo aan koox gooni ah loo deyn. That equals Jabbuuti :D .

Call it the minimalist approach.

Ever the optimist ya Xiin!

The ICU has split into different factions, the incumbent Prime minister is either incompetent or powerless, most likely both. And Ethiopia still controls the capital. The 'elections' are up in a couple of months, and you think something will come out of these pointless talks in Jabuuti?

It is a stalemate sxb, and only something out of the ordinary will take them out of this political rut. All i see is business as usual, merely a continuation of the contemptible state of affairs we have been in since the first attempts to form a transitional government.

^^Xattaa anta ya Santuri! Ramadan Karim bro!

Lest I give the impression of being comfortable with the rate of current progress (I think it’s a progress given where we have been a year ago), I am NOT! I am not either privy to the behind-the-curtain deals of current discussions! What I know is what’s going on in Jabbuuti is not the stuff of knuckleheads. It’s real, laborious process to rescue the country. Given the interests shown by all parties involved, whether it’s out of conviction or convenience, this Jabbuuti Deal passes the feasibility scale!

Difficult to swallow for some! Sure. Traitorous to others! You bet. But in the absence of better alternatives to sail us out of these waves of violence, Jabbuuti Agreement, my good friend, is the only political program that articulates average Somalis needs!

So Santuurow, to repeat that worn-out Clintonian political cliché, reject those who appeal to your fears! But don’t be idle; embrace those who can project hopeful future for Somalia, and not revenge killings disguised under the noble notion of accountability! It was in the name of accountability of last regimes conducts, mind you, that got us where we are now! Only if we learn from past mistakes can we realize and appreciate the power of compromise!

Waa kukaa awoowe...

Xiin, you're trying to convince people who are already made their minds on this peace process. If they come on board well and good, if not the wagon will keep rolling regardless of who opposes it on the broadband waves.

I heard they were suppose to put the final touches today and sign on it. Any new development yaa Xiin?

^^I have the luxury to type away these simple words of reason! We’ve defeated, by reasoning, formidable cyber squads here before. We’ve chased away some goons too.

But good Centurion is old cyber freind of mine, and he will in the end embrace what is good for Somalia.

As where things stand today in Jabbuuti, I heard there was some setbacks. No surprise there. That Ethiopian calool kuus showed up again...

edit: Imagine the day when Ethiopia's different ethnic groups fall within the sphere of Somalia's influence. It may seem afar, but it could be near if we aim for it!

Abtigiis   

Xinn

Never mind you at times rig the facts and dish out harebrained interpretations of who is relevant and who is not, in Somali politics; a week is not long and even a man of low patience- as I am, can wait for it. However, the poisoned chalice dangled out to Somali's as peace by those who wrecked the nation, and who still have noting against the occupation of a sovereign nation will not deliver the salvation we seek.

I am not also a fan of your vacous reading of the would-be agreement which is fueling your gratitious euphoria of peace through the backdoor. I hope it is that easy!

Gheele T

You are a good man, but don't mistake a plaintive whimper for words of wisdom.