Sign in to follow this  
Sky

What Would You Do?

Sky   

Allright let's take a break from the girly talk in this section and talk like real men. This topic will separate the boys from the men. This is a challenge for every Somali who thinks he can do a better job than the current president. Which is virtually everyone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the situation. You are the elected president of the TFG of Somalia for a term of 5 years. A year has passed and your government is based in Jowhar. Although partly, because another part is based in Mogadishu attempting to destroy your government. This faction, comprised of ministers, MPs and their supporters, is inferior to your faction diplomatically, but can form a major threat militarily when they combine their forces and attack your infant government in Jowhar.

The International Community expects you to reconcile with this group, but you know that that is virtually impossible and you are running out of time. The IC refused to give financial aid other than minor budgetary support to start working, refused to clear the arms embargo and lastly refused to send peacekeeping troops unless the TFG actually locates itself wholly in Mogadishu and controls most of the country.

You are busy ammassing an enormous amount of arms, troops etc. in complete silence with the help of your neighbours Yemen and Ethiopia. Your loyal military commander General Axmed Qaasim Naaji has been as of yet successful in managing the newly aqcuired TFG's military strength. Your troops are stationed in Waajid, Bakool and Jowhar, Middle Shabelle and recruitment is still taking place. Some more are being trained in Ethiopia and will join later on. At these times you feel like a fish in the sea. Planning military strategies and building up an army, that you enjoy doing. Diplomacy is confusing, but you do enjoy to be treated like royalty.

Although you successfully reduced the availability of arms in the Bakaaraha market in Mogadishu, the faction in Mogadishu is arming itself to the teeth either way. This should be alarming, because you might risk a new war and thereby end Somalia's hope for a new government. And even worse, you are responsible! :eek:

A police is in the making under police commander General Cali Maxamed Xasan (Madoobe). He's popular and you made a good choice appointing him as police chief. He is also successful in his tasks, although time constraints are sources of stress for him. With this police you can score additional points with the IC and the population at large. But beware! If it becomes a failure, you are screwed.

Financially you are in a tight position. As said earlier you have no money, apart from some handouts from private supporters, Puntland administration and the Arab League. Evidently your pockets are empty, but the latter might change that.

Mediawise, wa lagaa adkaaday last year. And the UN report recently wasn't all too flattering. Your host Maxamed Dheere embarrassed your government, and that for all to see. Positive reports about you increase in the Somali and International media, but your overall image is that of a sad president hauled up in the little tuulo Jowhar.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So what would you do in this situation from here on out? What steps would you take? How would you tackle your problems. Outsource the weaker points to your Prime Minister such as diplomacy? Build a good quality Media Network of newspapers, websites, radio and television that can actually defend the TFG's name on the notorious arena of the Somali media?

Originally posted by Sky:

Allright let's take a break from the girly talk in this section and talk like real men.

Grrr.... :mad:

Erm...so is this aimed at just the faaraxs?

Sky, there u again with your injurious insults.

wat r u implying when you say let's take a break from the girly-talk?

Huh? maxaad tiri?

I just had to actually double-check to make sure i wasnt hallucinating from the fasting.

r u saying girls cant participate in political disscussion??

-----------------------------------

The battle to be the best has just begun

uchi   

Lol sky, is it just me or do you get worse throughout the ramadan?....you seem to have offended alot of people these couple of days.

Hope you are having fun...interesting topic.

Sky   

uchi I don't know my man? I'm having a hard time dealing with the ladies these past few days. Horta I thought for a few exceptions that this section was womanproof? Kiddin!

The Xalimos are welcome. Aeronwen, actually your opinion is very valuable to me. I am a jerk sometimes, but consider it an emotional handicap and feel sorry for me.

qumane   

What to do? any way not like him trying to fight fire with benzine instead of water. He mist the honeymoon and now their is no way to exit the case which you gives us.

The problem with C/laahi Yusuf was, he heavily relied on foreign peace-keepers. That was his first plan, to go with 10000 men strong, foreign army to Somalia. Because of the large amount of money supposedly going to the project C/laahi though, it will also make for his government easy to be recognised by other countries, because after all they paid for it. That was the main reasons why C/laahi stayed for a very long time with his first plan.

After he realised that IC won’t support a peace-mission that divides Somalis, he came with his plan B, his current plan. I can’t say much about this plan. Because we don’t know much about it. But just look at it. C/laahi is only 3 months in the country and 2 months in his suppose to be capital Jowhar. The pace which things are happening in Jowhar for hem and his crew, are amazing.

The National army is taking shape. The police officers have finished their training in Kampala and will be soon used. People are openly supporting C/laahi Yusuf's government. Jowhar is gathering momentum and many others positive developments.

One other great development of C/laahi is that, his arrrival gave a big blow to the momentum of the Mogadishu warlords that they had since the infamous day of 17 march. Since C/laahi’s arrival you don’t hear much from them except from complaining and bit.ching.

As long the government can show results on the ground. The international community will give the needed resources. What C/laahi must do is avoid war and keep the IC as friend. Building a government from the bottom isn’t something that happens in few day’s, it takes time. C/laahi lost some time because of his stubbornness, but his plan B works so far excellent.

Jabhad   

C/laahi lost some time because of his stubbornness, but his plan B works so far excellent.

:D I am Wait and See' Mode.

Originally posted by Sky:

Aeronwen, actually your opinion is very valuable to me. I am a jerk sometimes, but consider it an emotional handicap and feel sorry for me.

Sure. They cure emotional handicaps these days, u know. In case you want to have it seen to. :D

Gabbal   

Sky there has been enough hadal. We don't need that anymore. We need to see developments, not analyzing the hypothetics. It is a complete waste of time.

Sky   

^^ I believe the only one who does that is General Duke. I aint got nothing but respect for The Duke.

Lool Aeronwen.

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Sky there has been enough hadal. We don't need that anymore. We need to see developments, not analyzing the hypothetics. It is a complete waste of time.

I agree with Hornafrique on this 100% hadal is over we need to see developments on the floor the old man needs to get his act together.

desperate times call for desperate measures.