Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

The new Ethiopian cabinet has two ministers from Somali Region

PasserBy   

Zack,

It is pleasant to see you've come to the realization that Somali Region is part and parcel of modern Ethiopia. It is a good start. As for "only two ministers for Somali region" complaint, in politics you can't please everybody, least of all A Osman's chearleader. :D

Originally posted by The Zack:

The Somali region has the third largest number of population in the country and all they got is 2 ministers? That is Meles's democracy
:D

Well at least you have ileey running your place the president of kilinka shanaad :D

Where are the two ministers from

Are they from dhagaxbuur or from Qabridhahare

PasserBy   

Officially, of the twenty ministers,

South Ethiopian Peoples' Democratic Front (SEPDF) ...... 5 Ministers

Oromo Peoples' Democratic Organization (OPDO) ......... 5 Ministers

Amhara National Democratic Movement (ANDM) .......... 5 Ministers

Somali People Democratic Party (SPDP) ...................... 2 Ministers

Tigrayan Peoples' Liberation Front (TPLF) .................... 2 Ministers

Afar National Democratic Party (ANDP) ........................ 1 Minister

( I got the Somali, Afar and Tigray Regions right. I may have messed up the Amhara, Oromo and Southern regions. Oh well. smile.gif )

The Zack   

Xaaji,

We all got abdi iley. He rules somaliland too, remember? :D:D

Xabashi, Admiral Osman is the president of western Somalia, his soldiers will free that region. You probably have nightmares about the general.

Back to the topic..

Why did the somali region get only two ministers?

^^ No my friend iley rules you Not my beloved Somaliland , my great nation is ruled by Xaaji Siilaanyo ilahay raali haka noqde eh :D

Zack labbada wasiir halkay ka yimadeen ma qabridhahare mise dhagaxbuur.

Who cares about pointless ministers? They are powerless and weak. They cannot make any statement without full support of the TPLF. But the country is still ruled by the military which is totally controlled by Tigrays. Don’t be fooled, this tactics of using Uncle Toms has been used before

Abtigiis   

The big Somali Minister is from Degahbpur clan wise. From Gunagado actually, but he has never lived there. Young Abdirahman Gurey is in his late 20s. The other one is from Qabribayah, Abdifatah.

Two more SOmali deputy ministers to come. Ahmed Shide and Daud Mohamed Ali we think.

To put things in perspective, the sub-sub clan of Admiral Osman got the following portfolios.

Minister of Trade at Federal level

President of the Superme Court of Somali Region

Minister of HIV/AIDS prevention Bureau in Jigjiga

In addition, many many other senior posts. It shows how much the ONLF issue is bothering Meles.

I will call his latest moves as politically smart. But the caliber of the Minsiters he names is really shocking.

Somalidii nabada qaadatay maxay meesha ku haysaa? It is the first time the warring clan got a regional President, a Federal Minister and the poweful Superme Court President post. It tells you something. Isn't it?

But these charades will not hoodwink anyone. The struggle for our rights will continue with more determination. The current window-dressing will only be the talk of the town for few days. If Meles wants to get peace, he needs to prepare himself for a serious disussions and tangible political concessions.

Xinnfanin and few other doubters who all along wanted the flimsiest of reasons to jump to the TPLF ship now talk about meanigless development indicators. It is good if we get some things on that front, but it means nothing as far as the larger issue of OUR RIGHTS are concerned. We say no to Peace that comes with Indignity, as much as we would have loved to live in PEACE.

Passerby,

indhet naw OROMO 5, Debub (SOuth) with a populatio of 14 million 5 ya miyaa ganyaw? Is it to do with the diversity in SOuth. Sounds fair if that is the case. But, the real question is who does these proletariats really represent. Now, are you telling me the new darling of Meles Birhan Haile will get elected from Amhara region? Ara baaki!!?baaki?

I know Turth and Tigres are rarely mentioned in one line, but please try to tell us some falsehoods that are at least plausible.

VIVA ONLF! VIVA the STRUGGLE!

waan iska oga Gudoomiye admiral Maxmamamd cumar Cismaan ba laga hor keeneya inadeerki oo wasiir u ah Melez zanawi

Yeah and i know the other one is from Qabri bayax.