Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Qaws Building Project Where Is This At?.(PICS)

Cowke   

This is the qaws-bari project that started in 2006 and is scheduled to be done soon. I surfed thethe net and found older pics but does anyone aany newer pics on this forum? The ones I have are bbelow so please post something that I dont have!!!

Qaw_Town_Plan.JPG

n188932459715_5926.jpg

20546_287951274715_188932459715_3572794_

20546_287938199715_188932459715_3572708_

3341302903_5aef013a02.jpg

I just am really so proud of this project because it is mamoth task and if successful will just prove to all puntlander nothing is impossible if you have the will.

Cowke   

Guys can someone contribute pics towards bendar ziyad legacy? This is a construction of a new city that's never been done in post civil war somalia.

nemo   

A big up to the Somali people looks good so far. Quick question why are the signs in English? Even though it helps people like me get around just curious.

PS sorry can't contribute cos don't even know where the place is at.

Cowke   

They designed to man made lake system. It's going to be beautiful town with bridge heading in towards QAWS Downtown.

Q21.jpg

Cowke   

Its going to be 1 of the most wicked towns in puntland. Lake system/beach/desert/plus agriculture farming all wrapped up into 1 town.

Plus it will have modern down town center with up to date roads and segmatized suburbs. Sporting ground, school, mosque, fishery complex. They included Tourism facility also.

Its huge project wallahi, city being built from nothing.

Cowke   

Nameless_Chick if this project is successful and I say Big IF then it will definitely be the biggest restoration project ever under-taken in in post civil war somalia.

Apparently other towns are following through with that lake system also. Two other towns in Bari are currently constructing a lake canal also. I think there puntland community is setting up parklands where families can go to picnics in the near future.

nemo   

Ohhh sounds great just one thing am I welcomed? I don't want to get slap on the face... Do I get a concession cos the president Forole is from my hometown Melbourne? :D

Cowke   

Nameless, everyone is welcome in puntland they have no animosity for anyone. Just because I am like this doesnt mean they are. Sometimes you get the odd 1 or 2 like me and the good old man abdullahi yusuf that tribally bent but majority of the people there are not like that.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Cowke:

Nameless, everyone is welcome in puntland they have no animosity for anyone. Just because I am like this doesnt mean they are. Sometimes you get the odd 1 or 2 like me and the good old man abdullahi yusuf that tribally bent but majority of the people there are not like that.

They say the insane doesn't know they're insane but this one does.

Hope the city does actually gets built properly. The plan looks nice.

Cowke   

Haatu yeah from what I read recently they should b doing the grand opening soon I think everything is done now and just need to complete the bridge over the lake.

Once that bridge is complete I think thats when their going to do the grand opening of qaw city !!!