Sign in to follow this  
BOB

The Ugly Face of La Liga.

BOB   

This was the most uncomfortable football game i've watched in a long time and i got so emotionally involved in the match that i saw myself jumping up and down when Ronaldinho cooly converted the penalty. :D

Eto'o fury at monkey-chant abuse

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o tried to leave the pitch after being subjected to monkey chanting against Real Zaragoza last night.

With Barca being held 0-0 at La Romareda, the home fans began directing abuse at Eto'o.

The Cameroon striker – who responded to similar chants last season by dancing like a monkey after scoring a goal – was infuriated and went to leave the pitch, only to be convinced not to by team-mates, opponents and the referee, who had already tried to stop the actions of supporters who have already been fined for such behaviour in the last 12 months.

Eto'o did stay on the field as Barca went on to win 2-0 thanks to Ronaldinho's penalty and Henrik Larsson's second, set up by Eto'o.

The win moved Barca nine points clear at the top of the Primera Liga but the match was overshadowed by the abuse.

The episode was the latest in a string of racist incidents to have plagued Spanish football over the last few years.

Eto'o has been on the receiving end before – including at Zaragoza's stadium following his goal in Barca's 4-1 win last season – while England's black players faced monkey chants from a section of Spain fans in a friendly in the Santiago Bernabeu in November 2004.

-->Related News: The world player of the year and teammate of Samuel Eto'o, Ronaldinho also remarked: "If Eto'o had walked, I would've done also."

PS. I think those !diot fans only contributed to their team's downfall as i thought Zaragoza were really doing a great job in containing Barca's big boys and had it not been their chanting and stuff Zaragoza would've went home with at least a point.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Intel   

Originally posted by BOB:

supporters who have already been fined for such behaviour in the last 12 months.

600 euros they were fined last season. icon_redface.gif

BOB   

Originally posted by massa:

600 euros they were fined last season.

Tell me about it...

Peace,Love & Unity.

Urban   

it happens in Seria A too, marc zoro from messina recieved the same treatment from Inter Milan fans. hope they crash and burn.

BOB   

Originally posted by the-urban-hang-suite:

marc zoro from messina recieved the same treatment from Inter Milan fans.

I was watching the match in that fateful afternoon and I thought Marc Zoro did the right thing by trying to walk out of the pitch because it finally helped the Italians wake up and admit for the first time that they had racism problem in their stadiums and now even the government is involved and I heard the Italian Human rights groups are pushing the government to make Racism a criminal offence. Kudos to Adriano as well in that same match for going over to the so-called Inter fans and telling them to stop.

it’s only Spain now that’s in denial and I remember one Getafe (stup!d small team seeking attention) official was asked what he was going to do about the Racist abuse Eto’o received from his supporters to which he replied “Those fans aren’t racists, they just wanted to annoy Eto’oâ€

you want to annoy some one by hurling a racist abuse at his direction, nice try Mr ignorant official.

Peace,Love & Unity.

Urban   

^^the stuupid thing is Inter have black players in their squad, adriano, martins...victor obinna? the fans were insulting their own heroes aswell. hope they crash and burn.

didnt FIFA want Henry to hug the spanish national coach, who branded him a 'black schit'? did henry agree? i didnt follow what happened..

BOB   

No he didn't and i was annoyed with Eto'o then for defending Arrogant Arogones, in my eyes Aragones had no reason to call Henry "Black Sh!t" and there's no excuse for something like that because there are so many ways to motivate a player without being a racist and i am convinced Arrogones is a racist because he even tried to provoke Ashley Cole to do something stup!d in that famous night at Madrid between England and Spain!

as for Adriano, hencame out and condemned the actions of Inter fans but unfortunately one player can't do Nothing, i think it's about time the black players came together and formed their own orginazion to combat with racism and ask Uefa and Fifa to come aboard if they are really serious about this whole thing because one of these days one player will snap and i am afraid some one somewhere will get hurt including those id!ot racist fans.

Peace,Love & Unity.

BOB   

Last week i was watching to this Sports show where a former African footballer (Abedi Pele) was a guest and when he was asked about the curent situation the african footballers find themselves in (Racism) he said in those days gone by were far better compared them to today and you would realize how f@cked up the world we live in today is....

Peace,Love & Unity.

What has Stand UP Speak UP...apart being a massive a marketing ploy for Nike ..

some1 needs to walk and a game needs to be abondned for something to happen ... big fines is what is needed. ..if UEFFA can fine and make them play three games behind closed doors for a simple fight and also heavy the fines Turkey revieced and six games at neutral ground for players fighting ... so is time real actions are taken and then beleive me this will stop ...

Baluug   

while England's black players faced monkey chants from a section of Spain fans in a
friendly
in the Santiago Bernabeu in November 2004.

Doesn't sound too friendly to me........

BOB   

Zaragoza fined after Eto'o abuse

Eto'o was abused by Zaragoza fans last season

Real Zaragoza have been fined 9,000 Euros after some of their fans aimed racist taunts at Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o in Saturday's Primera Liga match.

The fine is significantly larger than those that have normally been handed out to clubs for such incidents.

Eto'o tried to leave the pitch in the second half but was persuaded to stay by players and coach Frank Rijkaard.

Zaragoza were fined 600 Euros last season after some of their fans directed abuse at Eto'o.

They were also fined a similar amount last month after some fans directed racist insults at Real Betis's Brazilian forward Robert.

Zaragoza put out an announcement on the PA system asking fans to refrain from making offensive remarks at opposition players.

But the abuse of Eto'o continued until the end of the game, which Barcelona won 2-0.

Eto'o makes anti-racism protest

In an official statement, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said the club had 10 days to appeal against the decision.

Zaragoza are trying to identity and punish the fans responsible for the racist abuse aimed at Eto'o.

"We are calling for all the authorities, including the police, to help us track down the people who carried out these acts," the club said on their website.

"Those identified will be firmly punished and the results of the investigation will be sent to the authorities."

PS. Only 9000 euros for humiliating a human being in front of the whole world? Shame on You Spain.

Peace, Love & Unity.