Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Breaking News...NW Somalia: armed men clash with police in Sanaag

Thankful   

NWsomaliapress

Somaliland: armed men clash with police in Sanaag

ERIGAVO (SomalilandPrees) — Reports reaching us from Erigavo the capital of Sanaag province are indicating that a policeman was shot dead while another was wounded in the village of Yube, about 25-km south of Erigavo. The incident happened after a scrimmage began in one of the location where the new biometric voter ID cards were being distributed.

The new biometric voter ID cards have already been distributed in Hargeisa, Burco and Berbera. Today was the first day that the new cards were being distributed in Sanaag province. This incident is the first of it’s type since distribution of the cards began a week ago.

A police unit accompanied by Sanaag regional authority and elders have been dispatched from Erigavo city and are now on their way to the village.

These incident comes days after rival clans clashed in the out skirts of Erigavo over land disputes.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

^^^ An early (
and hopefully passing
) election fever, and nothing else, indeed.
;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Election fever results in armed clashes and death? You should not minimize this!! Maybe they are opposed to this because of the lack of representation in the elections. Both opposition leaders are from the same family.

Thankful   

I agree in Africa this can be common! Having elections postponed for so long is not. I find it interesting that there seem to be no problems between the Hargeisa, Burao, Berbera triangle!

We will keep watching Sool and Sanaag as this seems to be a developing story!

Sending few men to do ambush or commit a suicide is not what i expected from those who oppose to Somaliland. I thought they are more motivated and equipped but they disappointed me there ,,, :D

Xudeedi   

Alaha u raxmo inta dhimatay. My friend Sacad is illuding himself more than his fictatious map. Yubbe is 25 Kilometers South East of Erigavo. Again i blame nothing more than your inferiority complex.

Saalax   

Xudeedi, ileen sanaag geographic waxbana kama taqaniid ma maanta baad tiri yube is south east of erigavo? lool.

Here is Yube village and where it is located.

ko9drsich57mh8mltn19.jpg