Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Nur Cade to Newsweek: Ethiopia, our beloved friend in our hour of need.

Kashafa   

Interview

Newsweek:
How important is your relationship with the Ethiopian government? The TFG came back to Somalia with the help of Ethiopian troops, but is the
presence of Ethiopian troops
there harmful to the
legitimacy
of your government?

Nur Cade
:
Not at all, not at all
.The Ethiopian government came to our aid at a moment when this aid was badly needed. Since then it has continued to support us in relation to the
security restoration

Security Restoration. Beautiful. Orwellian euphemism at it's finest. A refresher below:

Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism., question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness. Defenseless villages are bombarded from the air, the inhabitants driven out into the countryside, the cattle machine-gunned, the huts set on fire with incendiary bullets: this is called
pacification
. Millions of peasants are robbed of their farms and sent trudging along the roads with no more than they can carry: this is called
transfer of population
or rectification of frontiers. People are imprisoned for years without trial, or shot in the back of the neck or sent to die of scurvy in Arctic lumber camps: this is called
elimination of unreliable elements

Thousands of civilian premature expiration and collateral damage = Security Restoration.

2 million refugees involuntarily vacationing in the bleak, arid, spectacular Somali countryside = Security Restoration.

Rent-a-Tree initiative = Security Restoration.

Sexual relief and unilateral carnal congress = Security Restoration.

Pillage-N-Plunder free pass = Security Restoration

Oh, it gets better.

Newsweek:
A few U.N. officials have said that Somalia is
Africa's worst humanitarian crisis
.Is it really that bad?

Nur Cade:
I would
not say the worst
, but definitely we have to admit that up to a
certain degree
there is a humanitarian crisis, which cannot be denied. You can imagine that if the security situation is so bad, the access for humanitarian operations is hampered. But right now we are witnessing a visible improvement. We will try our best so that the relief operations intended to reach the vulnerable people are not hampered.

Translation: "It ain't too bad, man. Nothing too serious, ya heard ? There's a certain degree(flashes air-quotes) of humanitarian crisis, mostly manufactured and contrived by the media and special interest groups(NGOs, WFP, World Health, etc) , but it's mostly just a tad bit of real suffering, and ya-know-what, we got it all under control.

For example, we recently ordered that all food & medicine shipments to the Tree-Squatters be stopped, for two important reasons: a) We had highly classified intelligence reports( basically, My cousin Maxamed Dheere said so) that they were Al-Qawaida terrorists disguised as refuges. b) My boss, Yey, said that they haven't really suffered that much...or enough.

But we have rectified our initial missteps and we're improving every day."

This is the man anointed by some as the Saviour of Somalia. Their delusional hero-worship borders on the obscene: OMG, he free'd Axmed Diriye, he's a hero ! OMG, there are highly classified intelligence reports(Waxaa la yiri) that say the Ethiopians are unhappy with the level of his servitude, they wish he would increase his obeisance level, and guess what, he refused ! He's a hero, gabartay-tha aa ku daraa ! OMG, he actually said that he would head to Asmara to negotiate before he backtracked and said No, such resolve, integrity, and fortitude, he's a hero !

Spin your way out of this one, boys.

This one needs no spin Kashafka!

Simple facts should suffice. Cadde and Courts have fundamentally different positions on the Ethiopian occupation of Somalia. He leads the entity that invited Ethiopia to invade. Courts represent the view that holds Ethiopia invaded not to help Somalia but to weaken it and set it back. So there is no harmony between the two on that question. But what Cadde represents is a departure of the old political attitude of this entity. His is a new approach in solving this stalemate. He sees no winners in Somali conflict. Somalis lost. He is ready to talk to, and sit down with those who oppose the entity he leads while it enjoys this token of legitimacy from international and regional players.

And that’s what’s good about his approach. The alternative is: ha la isdilo waxaan dagaal ahayn daawa lagu waaye’e. It’s what Somalis tried before and lost big.

I’ve always said that the praises and premature optimism on Nuur Cadde position in this occupation is based on plain naivety but one begs to ask the question of why our brothers fear the Freedom fighters.

When Somalia regains its freedom. UIC/shabaab and other Anti occupation elements will and can only negotiate on a Regional scale unless it’s upon invitation from other Somalis to do so in other regions.

There for it’s not with in their stance to sightlessly anticipate progress from the Pro occupation camp of TFG but to stand by and insist on the freedom of Somali people.

Juje   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Spin your way out of this one, boys.

There is nothing to spin in here sxb, unless you seek out the negative aspects of a well formulated text. Nuur Caade did not invite the Ethios into the country nor were the cheerleaders. The reason why the Amaxaros are there does not go further than a factor created by your 'cimamaad' wielding idols. And if you chose the following extracts from the 'interview' your understanding would have been proved wrong.

Newsweek: The United States says some of the people responsible for the bombings of the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam are still in Somalia right now. Why are they free, and what will it take to capture them?

Nuur Caade: I cannot confirm really that they are in Somalia right now. Definitely we are still continuing to fight against the insurgents, against any sort of terrorism. When we reach what we call a complete victory, including reconciliation, I think then we can identify who is here, who is there, who is responsible and so on.

Newsweek: Does the TFG hand people suspected of being terrorists over to the United States or to other countries for trial or interrogation?

Nuur Caade: No, no, no. Not now. I mean definitely we have in the past. The Somali government is obliged, with regard to terrorism, to be in line with international laws.

Newsweek: Under your predecessor, Ali Mohammed Gedi, the TFG arrested the head of the United Nations World Food Program in Somalia. At the time there was a suspicion that the U.N. chief was arrested because the World Food Program was distributing food in some areas that supported the opposition.

Nuur Caade: I'm coming from the humanitarian field. And definitely what we believe is that when it comes to the humanitarian operations, the vulnerable people are vulnerable, regardless of their political beliefs, regardless of their religion, regardless of the color, regardless of the clan they belong to. As a humanitarian, I need to support both sides.

Newsweek: Some people say Somalia is the third front in the war on terrorism for the United States, after Iraq and Afghanistan. How do you react to that?

Nuur Caade: My reaction would not be far from that. I don't know whether [we'd be] fourth or fifth or whatever, but one of the fronts definitely. Not because of the current presence of terrorism but because we have the [possibility] of terrorism. I think the best weapon to combat that is reconciliation. I believe that.

Ethiopians are everywhere in the country including in Oodweyne's hood - and they are practically unharmed and welcomed as guest of honor in everywhere else except 1 mile square in Xamar. The victims in the war against the occupiers have largely been children, women, civilians working for the TFG in Xamar and so forth. Hence if the base of your war is to categorically center it around within the known tribal conflict in Somalia - then I fail to understand how the war against the occupiers can be justified by any means. For their withdrawal read the last answer by Nuur Caade in the interview "I think the best weapon to combat that is reconciliation".

Oodweyne, hadba dhagax yar baad igu soo tuuraysaa... :D

Look at the big picture yaa Oodka! The forces the likes of Kashafa and me supported and the political framework they erected around the southern part of our country are gone. They are unlikely to come back in their original form enjoying the popular support they once had precisely because the consequence of their departure is such that the Somali divide had widened even larger. Perhaps the Somalia I have in mind is quite different than the one you speak to in your cyber commentary here, and I understand that. But reality remains that Somalis are divided and have no common goals to which to strive for achieving it. We have two choices here: continue fighting as some of us are doing in Xamar against all that oppose our stances including other Somalis. Or acknowledge that our divisions would not go away even if those fighting in Xamar come out victorious, and the chances are that this perpetual war between Somalis would continue and consequently the possibility of Somali state getting revived would greatly diminish. It’s in that solemn realization that reconciliation and dialog between all Somali parties is the only way forward. Nitpicking the comments of your political nemesis is jus meaningless adeer. Nur Cadde is no Court supporter. He is tfg-er. But he’s ready to resolve this Somali conflict through peaceful means.

My goal is to revive Somalia. You can shout all you want about reconciliation not being possible. But I am confident with extra courage and compromise we will realize what our enemy wanted to deny us: peace and security. The current fight in the Bakara market though laudable when measured by its intent represents a mere apostrophe in the greater Somali context and the sacrifices that are required to bring about a lasting peace. The wise ones are willing to lose isolated skirmishes here and there to win the bigger fight against Ethiopia and to arrive the price of denying Ethiopian dominance on our affairs. The latter cannot be achieved by sole bravery or sheer principled stances of some segments of our people. It could rather be realized by having a vision that’s greater then dueling with ailing warlords…there are, and must be, other ways to win this fight…

It goes without saying that you really dont give much thought to the cost of continuing this fight in the midst of divided populace, and considering your historical yardstick, you seem to be quite ignorant about the humanatratian ramifications such a fight entails for a war weary people of Benadir...

Fabregas   

quote:The argument is that one could not be in a position to talk about the idea of negotiating with those who opposed Mr. Nur Cadde's reliance of Ethiopia (which is the insurgent's view) on one hand; and at the same time speak so eloquently about your subservience attitude for the same forces that have caused the insurgents to take up arm against you, in the first place, on the other hand.

Pointing out this simple contradiction in the man's actions and even in his job, will by interpreted as some as a sign of advocating for children, women and civilians to be killed :D

LANDER   

Revive Somalia?

Are you folks delusional? This character is still playing the ‘terrorism’ card, has legitimized the Ethiopian invasion, sanctified the CIA’s free hand in Somalia, downplayed the already grave humanitarian crisis and has not indicated any concrete measures to reconcile with the resistance. So am I reading the wrong interview?

Juje   

Originally posted by LANDER:

Revive Somalia?

Are you folks delusional? This character is still playing the ‘terrorism’ card, has legitimized the Ethiopian invasion, sanctified the CIA’s free hand in Somalia, downplayed the already grave humanitarian crisis and has not indicated any concrete measures to reconcile with the resistance. So am I reading the wrong interview?

Newsweek:
The United States views Somalia as part of its international war against terrorism. How much of the current violence there now is related to international terror groups, and how much is simply clans or factions fighting for power?

Nuur:
For some time Somalia was without government and you can imagine that in this environment or vacuum, without enforcement, there is a possibility to see so many things. There was a conception that the deteriorating situation would allow terrorists to find a haven in Somalia.

Newsweek:
A few U.N. officials have said that Somalia is Africa's worst humanitarian crisis. Is it really that bad?

Nuur:
I would not say the worst, but definitely we have to admit that up to a certain degree there is a humanitarian crisis, which cannot be denied. You can imagine that if the security situation is so bad, the access for humanitarian operations is hampered. But right now we are witnessing a visible improvement. We will try our best so that the relief operations intended to reach the vulnerable people are not hampered.

Yes I think you did you are reading the wrong interview.

Gabbal   

Juje, adeer isku xishood. The man is not the right-thinking technocrat he was believed to be neither does he deserve the benefit of the doubt I so prematurely bestowed on him. Plain and simple he is naught but a rubber stamp and it is obvious you support him for nothing else but the fact you assume he can sit himself closer to Zenewi at the expense of Yusuf. Thus, not because he is a righteous man nor a man who is touched by the suffering of the people of Mogadishu, ironically from your divide of the Somali clan makeup if not your immediate divide in the sub-clannish sense, but because he can pull a fast one on the old Yey by prostrating himself more lower than the said man.

Despicable and simply detestable, not to mention highly incongruous with the pro-resistance stance you have given lip-service to around these ends, though now one is allowed to mention not because it was a true representation of your feelings but simply a position at the expense of the Duke, all in a manner that sought to have effect on political forum ratings.

I say again, isku xishood adeer.

Fabregas   

Cajiib isn't it: Sheikh Shariff is criminal, Abdullahi Yusuf is a criminal and Mr Nur is literally the newly found "white-light"( as his name translates to) of Somalia?

Juje   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

Plain and simple he is naught but a
rubber stamp
and it is obvious you support him for nothing else but the fact you
assume
he can sit himself closer to Zenewi at the expense of Yusuf. Thus, not because he is a righteous man nor a man who is touched by the suffering of the people of Mogadishu, ironically from
your
divide of the Somali clan makeup if not your
immediate
divide in the sub-clannish sense, but because he can pull a fast one on the old Yey by prostrating himself more lower than the said man.

Cajiib sxb your measurement bar does not expand further than 'Barre Hirale' - hence the prostration. Yes you are right I want Nuur Caade to be more closer than Yeey to Zenawi and the powers beyond which made easy for Yeey to conduct his merciless masaccre on the people in Mogadishu. Now if Nuur Caade can reverse that by getting more closer , then let it be.

Mida kale isnt it Hirale's closeness to the man that is preventing Yeey from making Mogadishu 2 in Kismayo.Hadey adigu ku shaqeysey in ay ana ii shaqeyso maxaad igu diide. Saxiib 'H' turub barey'

Bal ii sheeg wax laga xishoodo - mise iska hadal bey ka aheyd.

Thierry.   

Give Juje a break at least he has found someone now; I was getting sick and tired of his constant pessimism.

But some of the gents have put an important question out there Juju how can you want Ethiopia out yet at the same time reject the only real force (ICU, Shabaab, and Alliance) that can eject them. Or do you believe that Nur Cadde is seriously going to create an opposition wing in Yeys Government.

We should support Nur Cadde as much as we can but don’t hold you breathe expecting him to bring about a lot of changes.

Juje   

Originally posted by Toure:

Juju how can you want Ethiopia out yet at the same time reject the only real force (ICU, Shabaab, and Alliance) that can eject them. Or do you believe that Nur Cadde is seriously going to create an opposition wing in Yeys Government.

Eject them? Can you please expand on that ?

Opposition to Yeeys wing in the government? No, not an opposition - but a change in direction.

Again, premature optimism and presumably one formed from dislike for the resistance in their tactics which still doesn’t justify but I must say you have something very much in common with waagacusub.com

Do you have a share in there?

Biixi   

Ethiopians and other African troops are in Somalia and Will not leave any time soon, so the opposition needs to deal with this fact. The head of ICU/USC may have moved to Asmara, but their troops are still in the country and the TGF and outside supporters needs to deal with this fact.

Is there an alternative for Somalis?