Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

Baidao temporary seat for the new administration

Paying back already started. Reer Baidao's relentless support is paying off as the rumor started that it will become temp seat for the AY's admin. Wise move huh. Totally support it. Bardaale district of Baidao will do, not rival Isha :D district where the governer used to live.

Dawladda Kmg ah oo la sheegay in Baydhabo loo rarayo

But take this news with pinch of salt would you.

Rahima   

^ I don't see what difference it makes which city/town :confused: .

Somalia is Somalia, let the government administrate from any city they so wish. Personally i couldn't care any less about this, nor could i care any less about which city is the capital city.

Taking the status away from Xamar does not necessarily equate to diminishing the city in any other way.

Here in OZ, our capital city has 3 houses, parliament house and another two down the road icon_razz.gif

Xoogsade   

Saxardiid, Some in Xamar would welcome the move. The farther away the influence, the better for them. They would have lost nothing in their judgement.

Rahima.

Everything matters. It is about interests and allies, foes and who you can trust to keep YOUR winning afloat. Don't be gullible sis. How do you read "Paying back" in Saxardiid's comment? smile.gif The new government needs a protection from the wolves LOOL. Just shows the quicksand things stand on. Ilaahey ha u gargaaro Dadkaan, they surely have built their being on shaky foundations.

Rahima

^ I don't see what difference it makes which city/town

Yes it makes whole lot of difference. The Arta experience still fresh in our minds and we should not be repeating those same mistakes again and again. Any government that goes to Mogadishu will be skinned alive. So choice give the new admin stable place where institutions can be created without the fear of those horrible warlords, private militias, freelance moryaans, business people etc. who thinks they going lose once a functioning gov. takes its place in Mogadishu. Do we want to see this infant administration following the root of KMG 1 in Arta?

Xoogsade

Saxardiid, Some in Xamar would welcome the move. The farther away the influence, the better for them. They would have lost nothing in their judgement. And I am sure it would be a huge surprise to those who expected this to be of any defeat or some sort of revenge they were exacting on others. In my personal opinion, Where government is based temporarily or permanently will have no affect whatsoever on Mogadishu and its people. They have the wealth and the means to make best of their situation. All they need is to Unite Now and put their differences behind, form a local government that works and show they have matured and learned from experience.

Sxb your reply shows your personalising the whole affair of the new gov. You also talking Mogadishu like unified stable place. The truth of the matter is Mogadishu needs lot of time, persuasion, and military might-especially from outside forces before any admin even start to think about going there. Yes agree with you they are wealthy and definitely have means to better their lives and others but bro one link is missing uniting their efforts and stop envying each other -I mean the political power there. Baidao on the other hand can perform better then Mogadishu coze its less developed and needs all the good things that associated with becoming a capital city even in the short term. REMEMBER SXB ALL THOSE PREVIOUS EFFORTS THAT FAILED BECAUSE MOGADISHU SAID NO! DJABOUTI, CAIRO, AND ARTA.

Xoogsade   

Saxardiid, I said people in that City need to unite and form a local government. An indication on my part that things are not smooth and there is work to be done. And Politics are always personal. At least that is how I read what everyone writes regardless.

I think the Efforts of ARTA and others failed because No one, including Abdullahi Yusuf, wanted to work with others. The military men were sidelined and offerEd nothing. Every one of them felt they had something to lose and thus refused to co-operate right at the inception. It is on record I guess and people can read that for themselves. You can succeed with the co-operation of others, but as long as you have opponents who can spoil what they considered to be their usurped personal right, Saxardiid, You are bound to fail. Somali politics are doom and Gloom.

Salaan...

Xamar is the perennial capital city of Soomaaliya; it is xudunta of Soomaali unity, once it is removed, then the whole Soomaali midnimo disintegrates.

If one has the gut to claim the presidency of Soomaali nation, then let his/her seat of power felt in Xamar. Otherwise, one should abdicate and leave it to those who can and are able to.

Don't forget, Xamar is a victim itself, brutalized and victimized by some "soo galooti" people.

Xamar for now and forever--temporal or not.

Xoogsade   

Bro Macruuf, Adiga daraadaa an u tirtirey qaar ka mid ah waxaan dhahay oo ku saabsanaa the future of Xamar. Just wanted to reply to the "Paying back" comment of Saxardiid. Sometimes it is better to ignore and not comment on trivial matters.

Saxib, Raalli ahoow if I hurt your feelings.

Rahima   

Xoogsade,

Whilst you may be partially right, brother it matters not where the government functions from for the reason that at the end of the day a Somali city is a Somali city- at least that's how i see the issue.

If they wish to govern from Baydhaba, then so be it. As far as our people are concerned, I agree though, it would probably not be the greatest idea (considering that whether or not we like it, Mogadishu and its residents need to be on board for their to be success).

Don't be gullible sis. How do you read "Paying back" in Saxardiid's comment?

I may be gullible on other issues, but certainly not this :D . It was well noted, but it has little value to be honest. People can cry and whine all they wish :rolleyes: , at the end of the day, the status and importance of Xamar to Somalia is well established. No amount of belittlement can take that away.

Personally I like the Australian initiative for a capital city. Sydney and Melbourne were bitter rivals for the honour, so to solve the problem, Canberra was created (half way between the two). Canberra is a relatively small city, with a small population. Somewhere in the arid lands of Mudug maybe (considering its central)? It’s bound to remain small and away from major conflict, considering I’m sure only the politicians and a few brave hearted individuals would dare to venture out there :D .

Lastly, the Efforts of ARTA and others failed because No one, including Abdullahi Yusuf, wanted to work with others. The military men were sidelined and offerEd nothing. Every one of them felt they had something to lose and thus refused to co-operate right at the inception. It is on record I guess and people can read that for themselves. You can succeed with the co-operation of others, but as long as you have opponents who can spoil what they considered to be their usurped personal right, Saxardiid, You are bound to fail. Somali politics are doom and most know why. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to speak of our minds does it?

So true, this is why the failure or success of this new government is dependant on the support of the people. They best make sure to not let the people of Somalia down, there is a lot riding on this.

I heard Abdullahi is planning to be in Mogadishu by January insha Allah.

Interesting. Should I get his autography for you Smith smile.gif ? With a personal note and all? But you’re going to have to pay me.

Xoogsade   

Hey Sis Rahima, Okey, I am not worried about you then :D I just hope you don't change due to the bias of others. The longer you discuss with people about politics, the more likely you get changed. But I think you have proven me wrong. Carry On Dahling.

Xoogsade

I may agree with you some analysis of Arta failure but not about Mogadishu issue. If the new gov tries to go to Mogadishu at the moment they will fail with no time. There are well establish system of anti gov from big businesses, Islamic courts, private militias etc. and its very difficult for a newly created gov to take hold of it. What I think is very practical and long-term beneficial to the new admin and Somali people in general is to establish admin in a place near to Mogadishu while Mogadishu’s situation is getting better -order establishes, port opens etc.

"Paying back" concept is real in politics whether in Somalia or outside. AY gets his support from two constituencies other than his tribe and they are reer baidao and group 5. He will pay back to both groups in different ways. As far as reer baidao concern I said its rumor but its one I would like to have heard confirmed.

Come on sxbyaal this is politics don't make everything holy. I put different view points and you have every right to rubbish it. Mogadishu is Somali city as Baidao is but Baidao is more favorable then Mogadishu at the moment. If reer Baidao (their MPs off course) voted AY strategically while reer most of reer Mogadishu (their MPs off course) challenged him then reer baidao must get their reward. If your suggestion is proved to be right and reer Mogadishu improve the situation of the capital then there is no cause to move the capital temporarily (may be 2-3 years) to baidao. So sxb Xoogade, Rahima amd MMA tell me how we can have admin working from hotels in Somalia?

Interesting. Should I get his autography for you Smith ? With a personal note and all? But you’re going to have to pay me.

Rahima LOL, I have known the President along time, and met him on many ocasions, even before he was Puntland President, so no need for autographs, just that he delivers on his promises to the people of Somalia....

MASKIN, bro Mogadishu is the jeurusalam of Somlia, its our heart, but there has to be a real plan to go back to the city, no need to rush head long and fail.

Badoa, should be the temporary seat of power.