Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

It’s time to part!

Khalaf   

Interesting thread! Can anyone explain why the courts have not moved to the south like afogye? What does this indicate?

What is needed is patience I believe. The courts have done termendous good...If I was them I would not push northward while there are parts of the south that are still under warlords....why not teach the ppl Islam...provide schools, healthcare, bring ulmi learned men overseas, from different regions build the areas under their control for now? U know follow the steps of the Prophet like in Medinah?

Then push northward bring all of somalia inshallah under Islamic leadership. Looking at reality I think that is long way off there is great deal of mistrust. And in somalia loyalty to clan is greater then loyalty to the Quran.

SOS can u translate this part:

Hadaynaan xumaantiyo, dilkiyo daynin kala-qaatka

Dibaddaan ka joognaa sharciga, daacadda Ilaahe

Danbarkeedu waa Jahannabiyo, dogobkii naareede

balaayo! you still believe in new xamri mafia?

Some of you are leading me to believe that the backwardness of Somalis back home is not caused by circumstance but by Somalinemo. Fools have brought this nation to its knees yet we here we have some of the best cheerleaders for these fools. Mend your ways people or we shall forever be in that sorry state or even worse.

Khalaf   

^^^^Some of us are confused as hell and don’t know what to think. Some say the courts are a revolution (we all can recognize the good done in xamar at least), most say same cats with different shirt on -hiding behind Islam but interested in their qabils domination.The hinting of aggression to Puntland, Galkacyo shows the latter.

Allah knows best, my greatest hope is the return of Islam not only in Somalia but the entire Muslims lands. A khalifah on the method of prophethood. We, all the ppl of Somalia in the country and outside want peace and normalcy to say the least, how we move forward as an entire nation and not as regions and with whom as leaders is the most difficult dilemma to face.

Time will tell and Allah Most Great says: “It is not (the purpose) of Allah to leave you in your present state till He shall separate the wicked from the good.â€

Right and Crooked will be separated among the Muslims! We shall see inshallah. Inshallah Khayr and no more bloodsheed!

SOS-ow, criticize we must I say! For if we don’t our silence, as it were, defaults to an agreement! What’s needed is not sporadic raids in remote villages rather what we all want from the courts is to show capacity to think ahead and translate their Mogadishu victory in to a lasting peace and exact a sustainable and effective administration in that city first. I believe that it self to be a challenging task given the history of Mogadishu. That didn’t happen. And they seem to be preoccupied with Ethiopia and its military propaganda. Ethiopia, my good brother, is a weak enemy. It’s maintaining its influence in Somalia through proxy entities, and not through an army of men. As external enemies always do, Ethiopia thrives in our chaos and instability. Court’s strategy should be to consolidate power in Mogadishu by establishing law and order and erecting institutions. That should be their priority---and not securing routes for future battles. Because in the final analysis, the real challenge in reviving Somali state will come from within, not from without. And if the courts are perceived as a mere army and not an institution, then that’s not reflecting the real intent of the Court’s leadership.

Midda kale, it really reeks incompetence at best, and clannish at worst, to have the cities of Afgooye, Marka, Baraawe, and Kismayo, all held by friendly warlords so to speak, and do nothing about it. I justified it, before their latest quest, because Mogadishu, I thought, was enough of a responsibility for them to wrestle with.

Since you admitted that you talk war, let me pose a question for you then: in their effort of securing strategic routes, hundred of miles away from their base, if the Courts men clash with Puntland, say in Galkacyo or Bandiiradley, and real military hostilities erupt do you still hold that to be a worthy fight in this stage of Court’s movement? What signal would it send to the large Somali masses? Would that scenario enhance or impede Court’s cause?

It goes without saying that the notion that the Courts would just respond wherever, and whenever they got called is absurd and beyond simplistic. Either you are an institution with central command whose actions, political or otherwise, achieve goals or you are not.

With responsibility comes accountability. Hence mistakes of the past need neither repeated nor easily explained away.

S.O.S   

Dear brother Xiinfaniin, criticism must wait I insist! The only reason I put forward the strategic route argument was to show that there could be justified reasoning in the court's choices to prioritise their options in a manner, seemingly unwise to some of our commonly held viewpoints. It doesn't mean that (given what I know so far) I agree with them totally on this, but I understand that UIC's proclaimed noble causes is only human in its implementation, and what they deserve from men of understanding like you is advise and whatever tactical aid you're able to provide, and not (yet) public disproval of their (arguably) minor misjudgements, assuming you're correct on this one.

To be more precise and clear, it's absolutely neither UIC's objectives nor in their interest to pursue with their adopted mission in places or areas where there're relative stability or functioning administrations. For that reason Puntland is off limits, so don't expect any military confrontation soon. It's also about securing stronger bargaining position when the Khartoum talks resume, because a negotiated peace settlement is the ultimate way forward as things stand at the moment (in line with the advices bombarded with them from all over the world by wise and competent individuals) giving in to the wishes of the people. The south could easily be sorted out as soon as the conditions are right. When I feel the conditions are right, believe me my dear brother, I'll be the first one to publicly demand end to all opportune commitments and voice my concerns regarding the neglected communities.

I hope that'll help ease your sentiments; as Im too open-minded with regards to this uncertain art of state-craft :D

Gabbal   

Xiin's love/hate relationship with the Courts can be summarized as:

1. Attack Kismaayo--You are wonderful Muslim leaders

or

2. Attack Puntland--I'll be damned before I let a clan militia come to home.

Ii raaxeeso adeer, ii raaxeeso. :D:D

Originally posted by S.O.S:

Dear brother
Xiinfaniin
, criticism must wait I insist! The only reason I put forward the strategic route argument was to show that there could be justified reasoning in the court's choices to prioritise their options in a manner, seemingly unwise to some of our commonly held viewpoints. It doesn't mean that (given what I know so far) I agree with them totally on this, but I understand that UIC's proclaimed noble causes is only human in its implementation, and what they deserve from men of understanding like you is advise and whatever tactical aid you're able to provide, and not (yet) public disproval of their (arguably) minor misjudgements, assuming you're correct on this one.

I agree with your above attitude! But to say criticize must wait implies weakness to the causal reader! Pray, I agree. But to be silent about Court’s obvious mishaps defeats the purpose of our declared support. We have seen before what happened to religious movements in Somalia and how they miscalculated and ultimately failed. This one, I pray and hope, must succeed. To succeed it must be different in its thinking and approach.

Pi   

Hornafrique: Kiddo, do you notice that Xiin is turning a blind eye to your frothing? Since the wise dude doesnt wanna address your flimsy attacks, lemme take a stab at you. Jaahil jaahil baa loo diraa, no? LOL. Give it up, man. You gotta understand that not everybody sees things through clan-tinted glasses.

The courts, if they're sincere, will be establised throughout Somalia, inshallah. But obviously they have to get their living room in order first, before they take their Hoover Vaccums to other apartments. Adeero Hiiraale wont lose much, I promise. :D

S.O.S   

But to be silent about Court’s obvious mishaps defeats the purpose of our declared support.

Brother Xiinfaniin, to criticise the court at this critical stage equates to oppose its inherent nature, for you can only share a platform with those who oppose its holistic mission: Agree we must; there are too few jump-wagons here! When the time is right and there are polarised opinions within the camp of this socio-revolutional movement, and we have one force triumphing over all other socially ill-thought forces, then criticism will undoubtedly serve some purpose. But according to my understanding, all criticism voiced at present serves nothing other that undermining or giving ammunition those who are ideologically opposed to the courts. So let those who are able and in a position, to privately express people's concerns about the direction and the future of our country to the courts DO SO

LOL@Pi. You know, I felt obliged to share following verses---a timeless guide of how to handle likes of Hornafriik and what happens if I honor, with response that is, his distraction, dare I say interruption.

يخاطبني السÙيه بكل قبح

ÙØ£ كره أن أكون له مجيبا

يزيد سÙاهة Ùأزيد حلما

كعود زاده الإحراق طيبا

SOS, adeer we are flogging a dead horse, I am afraid, if we don’t admit we have tactical differences on this issue. You seem to hold that public disagreements with Courts would amount betrayal of sort (not quite betrayal, but certainly inappropriate) whilst I insist voicing concerns and raising issues with their public policies are needed at this initial stage of this movement. I concede that SOL is not the best medium to share those disagreements with the Courts, but again it was not meant to be. Constructive criticism is a must for the Courts. If you were old enough may be you remember what happened when we all song official lines of early Islamic movements. It collapsed before our eyes. This one is no different. Emotions aside, it hasn’t even met first few benchmarks---namely establishing administration for Mogadishu and institutionalizing their militia. I see huge challenges in both fronts---you seem to think they could win hands down. I don’t.

Midda kale, you never know that good Shiekh Shariif :D reads these pages looking constructive clues from the Diaspora! Seriously, there was a teleconference sat up with him in where I live and he performed brilliantly as he always does. Hot-button issues come up, and he seemed to be aware of it. So lets be realistic and discuss things without being timorous about it.

Xoogsade   

Midda kale, you never know that good Shiekh Shariif reads these pages looking constructive clues from the Diaspora!

LOL, This would be nice. If he visited online forums once in a while to get the scoop on what somalis in the west think of the courts, their opinions and complaints valid or invalid. These days online mediums are very important so the courts should set up a blog for sheekh shariif or he should visit SOL and other political forums to see what is going on.

I don't know if anyone of you heard but Ahmedinajad has a personal blog according to MPR.

Anyway, some of you misunderstand or love to misunderstand Xiinfaniin, he is the best ally the courts can have, very good guy with character and dignity. Is there anyone who disagrees that all the support offered to organizations and individuals be they islamic oriented or not should be conditional? and criticism is one way to correct mistakes or prevent some in the future. No one is perfect and we hope the courts succeed in spreading islamic values and sharia laws. Anything but clan based politics are welcome in my opinion. We are tired of looking to men who love to rule us based on our clan differences and exploit the masses to their personal benefits.

Gabbal   

Kee yidhi: Af uun malaba shicibkii haddii lagu mashaysiiyey ? :D

Wax badan walle waa la is ogaan, walle waa la is ogaan. :D

The only thing I cannot comprehend is what is on Somalionline forum to go that length to hide yourself? More fake people miyaa la iska gadi? Waa kuu daaye, adeer, waa kuu daaye. :D

Rahima   

Spot on Xiin.

The courts need to concentrate their efforts from Gaalkacyo down, not just Mogadishu because unfortunately many of the problems of Mogadishu stem from connection up north. It is from Mudug that some of the warlords received a great bulk of their support from, and it is there where these same moronic warlords recruited young impressionable boys.

Anyway, I’ve always thought that there should be an imaginary line splitting Mudug right in the middle (going through Gaalkacyo) and each side deal with their own.