Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Letter to Ibtisam

Abtigiis   

Letter to Ibtisam

Dear sister,

Many greetings. No one doubts your impeccable moral principles and firm belief in Islamic culture. Indeed, many of us here applaud your untainted credentials as a passionate Somali girl, with immense knowledge and commendable courage to express her views. You are one reason why we are so proud of our learned girls, who shall be the main building block of our future as a nation. Sometimes I wonder how a nation that has the likes of you, and the young Adam Zayla, the amphibian Ngonge, and many others in this forum found itself in such misery and penury of mind! How headless people of the type Qanyare, Qaybdiid, Riyaale, and Yey still rule the thinking of this nation!

But, the young cosmopolitan and enlighted generation is also afflicted with incurable malady. And you exihibit such malady to a worrying level that it is of a paramaount importance you are being reminded by a brother, lest it may abort the huge potential we see in you. It is called “credulity”, it is called unrequited magnanimity. Have you been listening to the BBC of late? Or to the CNN? Or have you read the Economist? I mean on the situation in Gaza and the conflict in the Middle East? I know you have been.

Have you noticed that the BBC actually presents the massacre as a war, with two sides bloodying one another and with the outcome of the war and the name of the victor to be known soon? What was what their correspondent in Isreal saying? “The Isreali’s want to end the firing of rockets by Hamas into their land?” which land? Where is the background to the conflict? Where is the limits of the attempt to stop the rockets? Where is the 'civillians' mantra we are defeaned with when a sucide bomber hits Haifa?

Did you see a single disturbing image being broadcasted on the BBC? Yes, a boy in stretcher, but why cut the picture of the boy who lost both eyes? Especially when the previous picture was taken from Aljazeera who showed both.

I am sure the events of last weeks have thought you much about western media freedom and objectivity, about impartiality of international institutions and about the duality of moral standards of the western societies.

The London demonstrations are a smoke screen. The Labour gov’t will not fall down because of the massacre in Gaza. That is a proxy indicator of where the loyalty of the imperial race lies.

I hope your unadulterated trust in certain aspects of western morality will give way to painful introspection and factual conclusions.

I hope you will not see as a kind humanitarianism the fact that some of our fellow muslims ended up in Europe by stamp of servility, or by stealth, to survive in it by mop and broom.

NGONGE   

Leave her alone, saaxib. She means well and she (very occasionally) supports proper campaigns. Like she says: something is better than nothing at all.

ps

Thanks for calling me young. I shall return the favour at the earliest opportunity. :D

Kool_Kat   

^Waanba yaabay when I read your name along the lines of young Adam and Ibti...Surely this makes your week! :D

*Patiently awaits for Ibti's return with karbaash*

Ibtisam   

^^^I requested he puts forward some evidence first before I karbaash KK :D

LOOL I did wonder about Ngonge name following Adam yaarey :D

North baal uu sheek, If I was anymore radical I would be in G-bay. redface.gif

Abtigiis   

Unless he is bestowing it the crown all by himself, there is nowhere I called Ngonge 'young'. Everybody knows he is a veteran ay bowdyuhu cadaadeen.

The idea was to reflect on the diveristy of the able people we have across differnent groups: the girls (ibti), the young (Adam) and the old (ngonge). Must I write Xinn so that you know I am talking about old people? Well, guess what? Actually Ngonge is a year older than Xinn.

Brofossre,

At least I can tell you your name on my side is "brofossor FUZZO" (Fuzzo is amharic word, it means confused.) Not that I think you are confused, just visualising a Drama by that name I watched in a theater.

KoolKat

eedo, adigoo leh kaluun hadaan la cunin, doqon baa la noqdaa baa iigu kaa dambaysaye bal ii waran. I think Kaluun is good, but for entirely differnt purpose. It doesn't help the head , it helps hoosta. Or so they say.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

^^^I requested he puts forward some evidence first before I karbaash KK
:D

I was hoping for some sort return with karbaash to make my Advance Outlook class go faster, intaanan hurdo galin... :D Iga leexaan ku iri wax iima heysidee... icon_razz.gif

A&T, loooool@ 'it helps hoosta. Or so they say'...War yaa beentaa kugu qufay? Ka wardoon bal eenala soo socodsii, in a short story format preferably... ;) Waankuu faayaa aniga, adno sidoo kale baan kuu rajeyn...

Abtigiis   

eedo waa fiican nahay. You know people like to fool fools. One of these Somali guys gave me a heavy dose of Malaay and calamari when I told him reerkaan gaadhaya. He said Xidigahaad mari doonta.

Adigu Advance outlook class'ku muxuu ahaa? Ma outlook kuu dhiman baa jira? I thought you need "backlook", becuase you always say islaan baan ahey. I am trying to joke of course.

Sheekooyinkii hosta qardaas baa la iiga dhigay. Alxamdu lilaah waan fiic nahay.

Ibtisam   

^^Sorry my dear I'm not free entertainment. Pluz I only one outburst a year, I'm saving my 2009 outburst till summer :Dredface.gif

I can write some Somali to help you along if you want icon_razz.gif

A&T I am waiting for your evidence hajji, how did you come to these conclusion, and what have I said that resulted in you calling me a brainwashed mouth piece for western propaganda (Despite your praises)

Abtigiis   

I didn't call you what you said. I am just sharpening your good sides. Waa tirtirsiimo. Your belief in some historical accounts of Isreal's 'success' and myth around its greatness baa lagaa raacay. :D:D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

I can write some Somali to help you along if you want
icon_razz.gif

Sure if you insist on it... :D Maaxa soo qoori doontaa baal? ;)

A&T, lol@your Outlook joke...Heheheheheeee, good one...I sure can use backlook and all the other looks I can get (inlook, frontlook, sidelook)... :D

A&T, you and other somali like-minded guys are so full of crap. No wonder our beloved homeland is full of creatures who love to talk and fight.

I also joined a demonstration in my small town of a european country, and I asked my Saudi friend to join (who's here on student visa). She didn't dare, they are not allowed to demonstrate in Saudi Arabia, they are not allowed to protest, and therefore she rather stayed at home. I'm not saying western countries are the best, but at least use your freedom of speech to say the truth - not everyone has that luxury. Complain about the biased media, become a journalist, an author who uses his pen to tell about injustice so that others can become enlighted. There is so much you can do, but instead of making any difference, you rather find faults and errors in those who strive to do better.