Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

A President Or A Geography Teacher?

NGONGE   

^^ Nobody loses here, saaxib. At best, one gets to know that you are not blinkered in your views and, at worst, you get to convince me that Sh. Sharif is the best thing since Xawa Tako's Kastuumo... or something! :D

Norf,

Somaliland is a different case, saaxib. It is all about expediency and pragmatism in Riyaale's case. But then Riyaale does not employ any affectations of being religious or Mullah-like. He is a hardnosed politician that strives to keep hold of his own power and attain recognition for Somaliland (even if that too is for his own benefit). If you want to discuss it any further, open a new thread and I'll happily join you.

As for your question about not having a problem with whatever Sh. Sharif has done, of course I do not. I had no (major) problem with whatever Abdullahi Yusuf did either. I chose to look at the bigger picture, as it were. On Sh. Sharif, I would happily look at the bigger picture had he come along in the guise of a politician from the first day. But he did not, did he? This is the whole point of the title of the thread.

I know you support him because you believe him to be a GOOD MAN! Not the best of a bad bunch or the lesser evil but a GOOD MAN. Rafa's rant there was to show you that this belief of yours is not as solid as you believe (and Rafa was correct by the way). :D

Do you accept that he is a politician and suffers from the same maladies most politicians have?

ps

The tedious mention of how long he has been in power makes no difference to the argument at hand, people. He could fix things within the next month or he could have ten years and still not have a clue. That is beside the point (for now) and is out of my and your control.

N.O.R.F   

On Sh. Sharif, I would happily look at the bigger picture had he come along in the guise of a politician from the first day. But he did not, did he? This is the whole point of the title of the thread.

So the crux of your argument boils down to the Sheikh’s rapid rise up the ladder. What? You didn’t get the fax back in 2006 that he planned to become President? You’re assuming he planned to go from school, UIC head and then President. If that’s the case then boy is he a meticulous planner! We could do with him at our company (our project planner has been sent to KSA).

This was not in the plan my friend so his khamiis days in 2006 should be irrelevant.

NGONGE   

^^ Did he tell you that it was not in the plan? War wax macquul ku hadal dee. I assume nothing but I question everything...

Nothing is irrelevant, saaxib. Bal give things another try (and answer my question on the previous post). ;)

N.O.R.F   

^What you're saying is that he should not have changed positions and become president and that you see his actions as a politician as that of a citizen (he was a citizen) simply because you didn't receive prior warning.

Career change is not allowed in Somalia miya?

What was your question (can't see it on previous page)?

NGONGE   

^^ I had no idea that your case was this advanced, saaxib. We need to put you in intensive care and find a way to dislodge those blinkers. :D

I already told you that I have no problem with a politician changing positions. Politics is a dirty game and these guys would do anything to advance. What I am asking you is if this man is a politician (with all the negative baggage this job entails) or a humble geography teacher? If the first, why do you support him? If the second why do you support him?

N.O.R.F   

Of course he is a politician (he is the president of a country). Still qualified to teach geography none-the-less.

I have explained why I support him.

NGONGE   

^^ When? I see no explanation on this thread. Bal remind me again and let me see if all my efforts here were in vain!

nuune   

Profile of Sheikh Sharif Shurbeyste:

" Mr Ahmed started teaching geography, Arabic and religious studies at the city's Jubba Secondary School.

That same year one of his pupils was snatched - amid a wave of abductions in Mogadishu - and the gang responsible demanded a ransom from the 12-year-old boy's parents.

Mr Ahmed was disturbed by the fact the kidnapping took place in an area dominated by his own clan.

It was a moment he would later call a turning-point "

More read here

^No mine is not a rabbit punch. A&T cidduu taageeraa ma guulaysatto :D .

Kuuma fiicna inuu ka taageero, u yeero Ayyoub or someone else awoowe