Sign in to follow this  
raadamiir

Puntland State Parliament Speaker Osman Dalmar has been revoked of his duty!!!

GAROWE, Somalia June 21 (Garowe Online)

THE SPEAKER of Somalia's Puntland State Parliament has been revoked of his duty by a majority vote today in Garowe, the Capital. 32 MPs out of a total of 48 that were present voted to revoke Speaker Osman Dalmar of his parliamentary leadership duty.

Since the 16th Session of the Puntland Parliament opened on Saturday, lawmakers have disagreed on the priority of agendas the legislature was to discuss. Most parliamentarians wanted to make the vote-of-confidence motion against Speaker Dalmar. But the former parliamentary speaker and several of his supporters stormed out of Parliament Hall as the vote went against him.

Puntland lawmakers accused the former speaker of neglecting his parliamentary duties and giving too much power to the administration of President Mohamud "Adde" Muse. Some MPs have specifically accused former Speaker Dalmar of keeping Parliament out of the loop as President Adde Muse signed an international agreement with an exploration company without parliamentary oversight.

Ex-Speaker Dalmar called today's motion against him "unlawful" during an interview with the BBC Somali Section. At least 2 Puntland lawmakers have presented themselves as candidates to replace the departed Speaker.

Garowe Online News

From my stand point this is great news in deed.

I have been lookin forward to this months ago. Speaker Osman Dalmar really did neglect his parliamentary duties and was giving way to much power to the President which really change Puntland Politics and how thing were done.

Don't think the President of Puntland will be happy but hey that's what the parliamentaries are for.

PS: I am lookin forward to who will be the next speak of parliament.

What's you guys input on this news?

Leadership change, in my opinion, is always good.

Yet, if the reason for his dismissal is as you say, these need help. legislative oversight of the excutives is not a job for the speaker. This is done through commmittees or commissions, a collective effort.

RedSea   

Puntland has a parliament, well you need to give me an input on these before I give you my opinions on what I think of it.

Seriously, I didn't know Puntland had Parliament.

The problem has been solved.

Xiisadii ka dhex taagnayd Baarlamaanka Puntland oo la soo afjaray (Daawo Sawirada)

Last Updated::2006-06-25 13:08:37

Sawiro:-Kulan balaaran oo maanta ka dhacay xarunta golaha wakiilada ee DGPL

ee Garowe ayna ka soo qab galeen masuuliyin ay ka mid ahaayeen Madaxweyne ku xigeenka dawlad gobaleedka Puntland, Wasiirka arrimaha gudaha taliyaha ciidamada Booliska Puntland iyo xildhibaano gaarayey 53 oo ka tirsan golaha wakiilada Puntland ayaa waxaa si rasmi ah loogu soo afjaray Khilaafkii hareeyay golaha wakiilada ee DGPL.

Dood dheer oo ay xubnaha Barlamanka dhexdiisa ka yeeshay kadib ayaa waxaa uu si kedis ah uu gudoomiyihii golaha wakiilada Puntland isla markana uu qilaafku ka dhashay xilka qaadistisa Md.Cismaan Dalmar Yusuf waxaa uu ku dhawaaqay inuu isagu iskiis isaga casilay gudoonimiada golaha.

Madaxweyne ku xigeenka Puntland isla markana ah sii haya xilka Madaxweynaha Puntland Xasan Daahir Maxamuud oo dabadeed ka hadlay kulankas ayaa waxaa uu ku bogaadiyay Md. Cismaan daahir Dalmar go'aanka uu iskiis u gaaray waxaana uu dabadeed ku dhawaaqay in xilka gudoomiyaha golaha wakiilada uu si kumeel gaar ah u sii hayn doono gudoomiye ku xigeenka kowaad ee golaha wakiilada Md.Salaad Xared.