Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Tired of AMISOM troops being used as an excuse

Sh. hotel could be a bit smarter and convince those Arabs to bring troops to replace the amisom ....

at least would be something for the people.

There is no difference between Ethiopian or Ugandan, Burundian troops they are all AU troops and the HQ of the AU is Addis Ababa.

Thus the foreign troops were never the issue, its the Somali's who love to fight in their capital.

Topic opener just said they are just there well if they are just there why cant they just go away. If they have no power what's the use of them staying there. if the opposition just said let the Africans go away it our country wa in la maqla, maybe then Somalia will have peace see these islamist see the Africans as gaalo and they see them as a treat, just like the Ethiopians

My dear NG, this isn't about Amxaaro or Burundi troops and whether one is opposed to the presence of all foreign troops or the very same people prefer some foreign troops over others based on geographical location OR ethnicity. For instance, your buddy JB, Mr Secessioner feels that arab presence in the south should be able to ease the tension and help establish a dialogue in the capital that will bring about change. In reality, that couldn't be further from the truth but then again, you can't expect much from out of touch secessioner blogging from the comfort of his living quarters in hargeisa. He is probably sitting in half air conditioned room with a big smile on his face, hoping and praying for the south turmoil to go on.

Besides JB and his secessioner agenda, I feel that sharif is running out of time. He needs to make things happen, especially now that the donor conference is behind him. He knows he has alot of work ahead of him. He knows he needs to establish a program for recruits, perhaps develop an incentive that will sway the youngsters into joining the somali force, police and army and what have you.

With that said, this is an important moment for sharifka, he needs to show the effectiveness of his leadership and the strength of his government to rely on, in other words, the rhetorics towards the criminals has to change. He can no longer advocate peace talks in public with the nabaddiidyaasha and diin diidyaasha.

Personally, I will never put the faith of the people in in the hands of criminals, after all, they are a known M**ryaans, especially with that mansuur along his adeer gar-gaduude.

Sharif has got to change his stand with these criminals, perhaps adopt the divide and concur strategy. You, yourself NG said that QABIIL is somalia's cancer and at the same time the cure.

Sharifka can not, and I repeat, he can not put the peace efforts in the hands of these criminals. He needs to be adaptable and that means changing with the situation. He needs to reach out to the opposition tribe(s), the people(I believe its just one tribe that has been problematic all of these years and who bore warlords from ceydiid to ceyrow to aweys and the mansuurs of the world) of these criminals. Besides, the ordinary folks that these criminals claim to represent needs to be inticed, they are craving for alternative and SHARIFKA CAN BE THEIR ALTERNATIVE. In doing so, he will provide essential services that they need to be independent from their warlords masquerating as wadaados and jihadists by rewarding them for their efforts and willingless to negotiate and to separate themselves from the criminals and to want peace and security.

The only way that will happen is to buy the people of that tribe, the everyday farah and xalimo, along with adeer cilmi and co, not aweys and mansur as the spokesmen for these people.

This is a doggy doggy world, only the big dogs are allowed to play and Sharifka needs to either STEP UP or STEP DOWN. Time is ticking ya NG and I am glad you are back from your vacation.

It reeks of hypocrisy to bash AMISOM for "illicit love affairs with Somali women", when young Somali kids with guns have been raping girls for twenty years, in a climate of "I can do whatever I want because no one is going to punish me." Let's get real here. I want AMISOM to leave as much as everyone else, so that they may be no more contentious issues, but there's ALWAYS going to be another contentious issue. It's just the way it is. Today it's AMISOM, tomorrow it's the sea. The day after that, who knows? Attempting to put Somalia's problems on the back of AU troops is the ultimate hypocrisy. Because the war is a Somali problem that began in Somalia, and until the true issues dividing Somalis are addressed, we'll be looking for shallow excuses like AMISOM or selling the sea to Kenya.

Also, to Shariif's credit, there hasn't been a mass insurrection since he became President. The fighting has been sporadic at best, and I think that speaks volumes on his potential as leader.

You had to be really naive to think everything was going to turn to gold once Shariif became president. He's only human and a politician, and Somalia needs time. Lots of time and attention, before it can flourish again.

You need to differentiate between someone's faults and that person as a whole. As a whole, Shariif is the best president in a long time, and should he fall there won't be anyone like him for another very long time.

^^^Selling the sea to Kenya is a different issue. The AU has a clear mandate. Also there has been figghting and the reason why things are quite is because the Sharif controls no region at all. All the surrounding areas are independent of him. Inlcuding Marka, Badoa, Kismayu.

^^^I dont know about Hiiraan, with the latest fighting as for Puntland he has nominal support and depends on his performance. So far nothing to get excited about.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Selling the sea to Kenya is a different issue. The AU has a clear mandate. Also there has been figghting and the reason why things are quite is because the Sharif controls no region at all. All the surrounding areas are independent of him. Inlcuding Marka, Badoa, Kismayu.

Yeah, but you have to recognize it's admirable he didn't go to war with these regions he doesn't control. Unlike others before him, he never said "let's crush the rebels" and I think that is a good sign.

Originally posted by Al Zeylaci:

Excellent point! I agree with everything you have said. They have only commited "
war crimes"
in Somalia. Amnisom was only doing the minor crime of, "
assisting Ethiopia to achieve its objective of occupying Somalia and denying the Somali people..........
". Btw, those aren't my words, you know. They are the words of a
- who wrote a letter in protest to the UN, complaining about the conduct of amnisom. Let us find some other minor crimes, shall we? MMMMM, say the bombardment and shelling of civilians on purpose? The least I could find was them mowing down 40 Somalis on a minibus. And if I search, I could find plenty more crimes. Say for instance, the way they harrass muqdisho fisherman and shoot guns at them to scare them
. Or perhaps how our neighbourly Afrikaan bratharis insult our religion and women by claiming IN THEIR national newspapers that a coaliation of SOmali women in Uganda asked the government to send troops to their couuntry, praying and complaining "
. And how they are supposedly gagging to ride wid dem Ugandans soldiers: " “
Our Congolese sisters have confided in us that the Ugandan soldiers are good marksmen, both on and off the battlefield. These are precisely the kind of men we need
,” the Somali women said( so these dogs claim)". And apparently here is what one of your African brothers thinks about the Somali mission: "A man claiming to be a UPDF soldier told The Analyst that he was itching to go to Somalia “and you can bet my eagerness has nothing to do with the ruthless Somali warlords”. He
said that from what he had seen in the pictures, Somali women appear to be even more beautiful than the Congolese".
I suppose he did not listen to his president who said warned against "
But what is the significance of these crimes and insults, when they are deemed to be minor because, " wax saas ah u galabsan shacabka Soomaaliyeed", by some soMALIS themselves? These are all "excuses" concocted from the imaginations of Arab-inspired mullahs who are fighting against our broud, somali, Afrikaan- daqan, eh? That is about all I could find with a few minutes of googling.

Ma saanaa daacad ka aah, and in addition want me to refute waxaan?

Waxaa fiicnaan lahayd inaa si fiican, aad iyo aad waliba u fasiix ah inaa u fahantid waxaa qoray intaa casharkaas leyliga dheer aad iska soo qoreysay.

Ma meel aan dambigee galeen ku diidaayo ayaa jirto, waa ciidankaan Midowga Afrika ka socdo.

I just wrote it is misleading (and it is very true) to compare them to our historical archnemesis, the Xabashis and their atrocities and inhumane cruelty that they committed and still commit against Soomaalis.

My other point was, even haddee baxaan, to those who are opposed to them, they don't have a political action plan. It is just an excuse of many that will follow. If they leave tomorrow, they will just name another long list of tired excuses that will never end. (What will be their next excuse? No dumar in the parliament and in cabinet. It is possible they will say that.)

Wuxuu Caydiid rabay ayee rabaan to start -- which inay ciidamada ka baxaan dalka. UNOSOM left and what happened? Every one knows what the tragic result was.

Some of us Soomaalis have short-term memory, particularly with so-called leaders and their no plan Bs in most political cases. We just repeat what we have witnesses throughout our history -- recent and distant past.

Teeda kale, Soomaali iyadaa maalin walba isxasuuqeyso oo aanan kala hareynin, oo dambiyada bini'aadenka ka baxsan isku geysto. I guess we should also demand those who commit those brutalities to leave our country.

I believe that Sheikh shariff is doing a good job in helping to keep the peace in somalia and pleasing the international community not to abandon somalia and use ethiopia instead.

AU troops would leave once somalia has fully trained army that is capable of protecting the Government and national institutions of somalia.

Hassan sh dalxiis failed to unite his forces ciidamadii maxakiimta iyo ciidamadii cabdilahi yusuf baydhabo iyo xammer kaga baxsaday. Do you think amnisom can make ciidanka qarranka somaliya , haba ka yaabin. If you believe that your very naïve