Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Tired of AMISOM troops being used as an excuse

I say this as a supporter of the old ICU and of Shabaab during the war against Ethiopia.

I'm tired of AMISOM troops being used as an excuse to not negotiate. While I agree that some of those soldiers fired mortar rounds and killed innocent civilians, that doesn't mean the country has to burn down for it. They're not actually occupying anything, they have very little control over anything, they're just there. AU troops are just there and that's it. Also, the actions of these poor hungry soldiers from the Great Lakes region pale in comparison to the fratricide atrocities Somalis have been committing amongst themselves for almost two decades soon.

Certain individuals are using AU troops as an excuse to destroy some more, because it's easier that way. What's easier? Taking a step back, looking at the smouldering pile of ruins your cousins have added to over 19 years, and picking up a shovel and a hammer? Or picking up some more grenades and a rifle and keep on shooting things until everything goes to hell? It's a lot easier to destroy than to build.

These individuals are afraid of success and history will prove them wrong. Because despite the lies, despite the propaganda, despite "Seagate", despite the accusations of being stooges, despite the individuals who are scared of success, the Shariif government is still there. It's the best government in ages and it's here to stay.

Shabaab isn't fighting against it. You honestly think that Shabaab couldn't knock Shariif down if they really wanted to? Please!

The truth is that Somalia has entered into a new era, an era unique in its potential and hopes. The transition is a bit rough here and there, but that's where we're headed. And those success hating, self-destructive individuals have to get with the new scheme.

Abwaan   

True Sherban it is an excuse.

Whoever wants Somalia to get back to the actual world map should work towards peace now. If one wants a post let him/her say so rather than saying AU this and that!

Waa dhab.

Siiba waxaa la yaabaa kuwa la simo ciidamadaan fara ku tiriska ah oo wax saas ah u galabsan shacabka Soomaaliyeed to Xabashadii la ogaa tee dhigeen.

It is not only wrong and misleading reasons to compare the two, ciidamadaan cadowtinimo soo jirto nagama dhaxeynin, mana naga dhaxeyso; dhul Soomaaliyeed ma heystaan; dagaal waligoodna mana dhex marin; and finally, xasuuqii Xabashada galabsadeena ma galabsan, kuna jirto waxee Soomaali Galbeed ka dhigaan ilaa iyo maanta. Meelahooda iyo xarumahooda iskaga jiraan ciidamadaan Midowga Afrika ka socdo.

Ciidamadaan danta yaa nagu kaliftay inay na dhex joogaan, oo anagaa heshiin weynay 20 ku dhow, ee yaa waxba marmarsiyo tan ugu weyn laga dhigan.

Haddee xataa beri baxaana marmarsiyo kale imaaneyso. Waa sheeko ciyaaleed, ee ma'aha macquul siyaasadeed ku dhisan.

Waa taas gurmadkii adduunweynaha soo gurmadeen ee 32 dal -- Muslim iyo gaalba ah ka koobnaa -- ka socday dalka imaadeen horraantii sagaashameyada. Mid kamid ah qabqabliyaashii kuwa ugu awooda weynaa waagaas ha naga baxaan yiri, lana dagaalamay. Dantiisa buu watay. Markee baxeena maxaa dhacay? What was the result?

Kuwaan waa saas camal. Dantooda ayee wataan. Wax isbadalay maleh, shaati diimeed bas la wataa oo lagu gambanoyaa.

Dad ayee dagaal lee ka heysaa. Walaahi waa yaab. Fursad hala isa siiyo ma jirto, oo waxa hala arko meeshee ku dhamaanayaan ama qofka wuxuu lasoo shirtago oo siyaasadeed. Ama i dil ama waa ku dilaa waaye. Wax kale maleh.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiy aar:

Waa dhab.

Siiba waxaa la yaabaa kuwa la simo ciidamadaan fara ku tiriska ah oo to Xabashadii la ogaa tee dhigeen.

It is not only wrong and misleading reasons to compare the two, ciidamadaan cadowtinimo soo jirto nagama dhaxeynin, mana naga dhaxeyso; dhul Soomaaliyeed ma heystaan; dagaal waligoodna mana dhex marin; and finally, xasuuqii Xabashada galabsadeena ma galabsan, kuna jirto waxee Soomaali Galbeed ka dhigaan ilaa iyo maanta. Meelahooda iyo xarumahooda iskaga jiraan ciidamadaan Midowga Afrika ka socdo.

Ciidamadaan danta yaa nagu kaliftay inay na dhex joogaan, oo anagaa heshiin weynay 20 ku dhow, ee yaa waxba marmarsiyo tan ugu weyn laga dhigan.

Haddee xataa beri baxaana marmarsiyo kale imaaneyso. Waa sheeko ciyaaleed, ee ma'aha macquul siyaasadeed ku dhisan.

Waa taas gurmadkii adduunweynaha soo gurmadeen ee 32 dal -- Muslim iyo gaalba ah ka koobnaa -- ka socday dalka imaadeen horraantii sagaashameyada. Mid kamid ah qabqabliyaashii kuwa ugu awooda weynaa waagaas ha naga baxaan yiri, lana dagaalamay. Dantiisa buu watay. Markee baxeena maxaa dhacay? What was the result?

Kuwaan waa saas camal. Dantooda ayee wataan. Wax isbadalay maleh, shaati diimeed bas la wataa oo lagu gambanoyaa.

Dad ayee dagaal lee ka heysaa. Walaahi waa yaab. Fursad hala isa siiyo ma jirto, oo waxa hala arko meeshee ku dhamaanayaan ama qofka wuxuu lasoo shirtago oo siyaasadeed. Ama i dil ama waa ku dilaa waaye. Wax kale maleh.

Excellent point! I agree with everything you have said. They have only commited " war crimes" in Somalia. Amnisom was only doing the minor crime of, " assisting Ethiopia to achieve its objective of occupying Somalia and denying the Somali people.......... ". Btw, those aren't my words, you know. They are the words of a certain sheikh with a white kufi - who wrote a letter in protest to the UN, complaining about the conduct of amnisom. Let us find some other minor crimes, shall we? MMMMM, say the bombardment and shelling of civilians on purpose? The least I could find was them mowing down 40 Somalis on a minibus. And if I search, I could find plenty more crimes. Say for instance, the way they harrass muqdisho fisherman and shoot guns at them to scare them or how one of their soldiers took advantage of a young somali girl and impregenated her. Or perhaps how our neighbourly Afrikaan bratharis insult our religion and women by claiming IN THEIR national newspapers that a coaliation of SOmali women in Uganda asked the government to send troops to their couuntry, praying and complaining " “Since the UPDF left [the Democratic Republic of] Congo, we have been praying that they invade our country next. Just when we thought Allah and the African Union had answered our prayers, the selfish Ugandan MPs throw a spanner in the works. And how they are supposedly gagging to ride wid dem Ugandans soldiers: " “ Our Congolese sisters have confided in us that the Ugandan soldiers are good marksmen, both on and off the battlefield. These are precisely the kind of men we need ,” the Somali women said( so these dogs claim)". And apparently here is what one of your African brothers thinks about the Somali mission: "A man claiming to be a UPDF soldier told The Analyst that he was itching to go to Somalia “and you can bet my eagerness has nothing to do with the ruthless Somali warlords”. He said that from what he had seen in the pictures, Somali women appear to be even more beautiful than the Congolese". I suppose he did not listen to his president who said warned against " illicit love affairs with somali women But what is the significance of these crimes and insults, when they are deemed to be minor because, " wax saas ah u galabsan shacabka Soomaaliyeed", by some soMALIS themselves? These are all "excuses" concocted from the imaginations of Arab-inspired mullahs who are fighting against our broud, somali, Afrikaan- daqan, eh? That is about all I could find with a few minutes of googling.

N.O.R.F   

Or perhaps how our neighbourly Afrikaan bratharis insult our religion and women by claiming IN THEIR national newspapers that a coaliation of SOmali women in Uganda asked the government to send troops to their couuntry, praying and complaining " “Since the UPDF left [the Democratic Republic of] Congo, we have been praying that they invade our country next. Just when we thought Allah and the African Union had answered our prayers, the selfish Ugandan MPs throw a spanner in the works. And how they are supposedly gagging to ride wid dem Ugandans soldiers: " “ Our Congolese sisters have confided in us that the Ugandan soldiers are good marksmen, both on and off the battlefield. These are precisely the kind of men we need ,” the Somali women said( so these dogs claim)". And apparently here is what one of your African brothers thinks about the Somali mission: "A man claiming to be a UPDF soldier told The Analyst that he was itching to go to Somalia “and you can bet my eagerness has nothing to do with the ruthless Somali warlords”. He said that from what he had seen in the pictures, Somali women appear to be even more beautiful than the Congolese". I suppose he did not listen to his president who said warned against " illicit love affairs with somali women But what is the significance of these crimes and insults, when they are deemed to be minor because, " wax saas ah u galabsan shacabka Soomaaliyeed", by some soMALIS themselves? These are all "excuses" concocted from the imaginations of Arab-inspired mullahs who are fighting against our broud, somali, Afrikaan- daqan, eh? That is about all I could find with a few minutes of googling.

The above contributes nothing to the discussion. They said this and that is not the issue here.

Now, shall we start with the AMISOM mandate? Reasons they are there? How they could be gotten rid of? Conditions required for them to go? If they leave today what happens? Another govn't collapse? Turf wars? More suffering?

Where is Kash?

Fabregas   

^^ How is bringing forth to light what Sheikh Sharif described as " war crimes" not relevant to the discussion. Or are they only crimes and worthy of discussion when Abdullahi is in charge? Did Sheikh Shariff perform ruqiya and read qulawalahuahad on their soldiers- so that crimes are forgiven and they suddenly become good for the somali interests?

The reason why I highlighted those pshyical and mental crimes against SOmalis is because MMI downplayed their crimes by saying: "wax saas ah u galabsan shacabka Soomaaliyeed to Xabashadii la ogaa tee dhigeen". The point is they helped the EThiopian occupation and commited crimes against Somalis. whether these crimes are not proportional to ethio crimes or that we don't share a border with them is what is irrelevant.

As for why they are there in the first instance: they came to SOmalia to fight Georbe Bush's war, help Ethiopia occupy Somalia and claim some cash. And I don't think they are leaving anytime soon, since the "government" is being used by the west and is bringing/calling for more troops, whilst the other guys are shooting( missing quite often) mortars at them in the middle of the city. Though I agree with you the opposition needs a better strategy to remove amnisom. Nevertheless, the opposition has the religous and national right to oppose amnisom or any further foreign troops whether they are from Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, or they came to help a sheikh or a saint. Opposing amnisom is not merely an " excuse"; it is a right for any SOmali. And the ones who are clearly in the wrong are those who calling for more troops in Somalia.

N.O.R.F   

Re-read what I highlighted as being irrelevant to the discussion saxib.

I will address the rest of your post when time permits.

NGONGE   

The principle remains the same. If you opposed foreign troops in Somalia under Abdullahi Yusuf, you must oppose them under Sh. Hotel. Any explanations to the contrary are nothing but confused and duplicitous waffle.

Having said that, I was always of the opinion that foreign troops were not the problem people make them out to be. Still, as ever, fake pride and empty nationalism shall win the day.

In short, stuff and nonsense.

N.O.R.F   

If you opposed foreign troops in Somalia under Abdullahi Yusuf, you must oppose them under Sh. Hotel.

OK. I oppose them (even if I think it's a rather simplistic way to look at it like that). BUT, now what? Can we debate on how to get rid of them? Or ask AS what they want? How they see things developing?

What do u think of the supporters when Sh. Hotel himself is doing the same thing he opposed yesterday ? ...........

all is fake, hypocrisy and double-faced ......

NGONGE   

Not saying it is the correct position to have, saaxib. To oppose the foreign troops was (in my opinion) wrong all along. However, I am only mocking the logic that says they were bad under AY but can be tolerated under Sh. Sharif. Nothing really has changed on that front so the positions should not change.

As for what happens next, well, as long as Sh. Hotel is at the helm and still pretending to be whiter than white the future shall remain bleak. Maybe he should do a Nur Cade and invite the opposition to Djibouti for another 'peace' conference where they will do a coup on him and choose Abu Mansoor (or whoever) as president only to have him too pleading for the stay of foreign troops.

One clear thing for now, the opposition do not trust Sh. Sharif. I do not blame them either. The man keeps talking about reaching out to them but, as yet, there has not been any actual, clear and visible reaching out taking place. After a hundred days in charge Obama was being asked for results and achievements. What has Sh. Hotel achieved or done so far to merit trust or even cooperation from those opposing him?

N.O.R.F   

^Neither has the opposition (can they really be classed as oppistion?) come out and clearly stated what they want.

I don't remember calling them bad under AY but the accusations they are aiding the Ethios is no longer there and all they seem to be preoccupied with is securing the airport and port (anyone can feel free to correct me here).

Sheikh Sharif has not be vocal enough and seems to be lacking the snout for good PR that would have put AS under pressure.

What I would still like for those who oppose the Sheikh to come and say is how they believe AMISOM can be gotten rid of under the current circumstances and whether or not AS are in a position to call for it when they are busy fighting others for control of other cities.

Norf, and what was your plan for getting rid of AMISOM during the AY era ?? ,, i remember you were against the FOREIGN TROOPS ....

NGONGE   

^^ The Xabashis will return the minute Sh. Hotel's position looks in doubt, saaxib. It is all Foreign Troops. Ha kala saarin.