Sign in to follow this  
Sakina

Will the different schools of thought be accepted in Somalia

Sakina   

Assalamu Alaykum Brothers and Sisters

What do you think now that we have a new President and many Somalis will want to go back home, will the different schools of thought be accepted in Somalia or one will dictate over the others? I heard some somalis converted to christianity and some don't believe in God at all what their fate will be, will they have the right to go back to their homes? Does this new President accept freedom of thought and religion?

Qac Qaac   

freedom of religion, that might sound better in paper sis. but in islam we already now, the right religion of this world, and we can't led our brothers and sisters to astray to another religions whether it is christianity or judaism or budasim or shinto it doesn't matter. but if the person is already christain we would accept him to change him to islam, we are not gonna kill him. laakiin why would somali christian come to somalia for, to make other ppl christian.

Sakina   

Even at the time of the Prophet (s.a.w) freedom of religion existed. So it is not in paper only. Since the civil war we somalis have changed. As we can see in SOL only we have different schools of thought. Our celebrations are different right now i.e. Mowlid, Miraj; and worse we have somalis who say they are atheist. How are we going to get along (religiously speaking) when we all go back?

Qac Qaac   

Just be open minded, and don't look for arguments. respect each other's opinion. and let's learn to agree to disagree.

u could tell the person something, but if he doesn't like it, and argues about it, just leave it. that's all.

Viking   

Sakina,

I think Somalis are mainly Shafi'i and Hanbali (those who follow the teachings of Muhammad AbdulWahhab). The govt seems all too secular but I doubt if people in general will accept i.e. the Ja'fari school, the Sufis are already having a hard time, most of what they do being called Bid'a (vis-a-vis belief in saints, gnosticism etc.).

Khayr   

Salaamz,

No body caresssss about religion in Somalia,

people just care about Food and Shelter.

Look at who the people accepted to lead them,

he certainely doesn't look like his priority is deen.

So your question walaal is worthless b/c there is hardly anyone to ask that really gives two shingles about religious diversity in somalia or anything that has to do with religion and somalis get the kind of leaders they DESERVE!!! :mad:

Sakina   

I agree that right now people are more concerned about shelter, food and security. Maybe this is not their priority right now. I'm just worried that after solving our differences of tribilism we start another war about the different schools of thought like Sudan, Pakistan etc. Lets hope for the best maybe we somalis had enough of wars and we might just get along no matter what. Peace to all.