Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Planders: stay in Pland or the south again?

This is a very important question, since most Planders are very divided over this. Personally I believe we should stay in Pland and limit our presence in the south. I honestly don't know if that's the opinion of most Planders.

First of all let's see what good the migration to the south did to us. More Planders lived in Mogadishu than in their own homeland in the North before 1991. Sure Planders had nothing to complain during their stay in the south, yet our original regions have been neglected in the mean time. Now, Pland is coping with a collection of regions that were always meant to be quiet and far from urban lifestyle, but at present more than a million Somalis who rtace their origin in Pland and from Mogadishu and surroundings live there nonetheless.

Cities like Bosaso, Galkayo, Las Anod and Garowe have grown drastically and continue to change into 'real cities' in a drastic rate day by day. Pland's living conditions have changed from subsistence level into surpassing many other African nations on this matter. Even universities are build in Pland and more are coming.

Do we honestly want to leave all this and start in Mogadishu as if nothing happenned?

What can the south offer us? What does the south have that Pland doesn't? The first and only thing that will come to mind is arable land. You can grow bananas, papayas and mangoes in the south. But don't we allready import them for cheap into Pland from these same regions at present? What matters these days in Somalia as a whole is industry. Without industry, Bosaso and Galkayo would not be like they are now. It's not surprising that Bosaso has been dubbed as the Somali city with the largest industry by the quantity of small-scale industry.

Surely Pland is not as green as the south. But Arizona is not green as well and the state is wealthier than the average American state.

All in all we shouldn't risk another immoral uproot from the south and invest in Pland. We have a federal system now and there will be competition between the future states of Somalia.

In this we should follow the course of the Slanders who have no desire to go to the south. I think we should learn something from our neighbours.

Jumatatu   

Give us a break mate.....Who in his/her right mind living between the God forsaken area between Galkacyo and Bosaso will refuse the oppurtunity to go back south given the chance. Even the President does not want to go back to Puntland..... :D . He is looking for troops to take him Mogadishu.. :D:D

If Planders do remigrate to the south, I warn you not to try that shameless trick on us like in 1991. Don't start to complain when Planders have better living conditions than the USC in your own land. If you accept that, than we might consider migrating south and invest there like we used to.

Nationalist, bro a very good question. I believe it would depend on the individual, and his/ her priorities. As for me I would first build up a base in Puntland buy some land develop it then if I got the time and can afford it have some properties in the south. I would like to have a varied portfolio of properties but my first area would be Puntland.

I think its good for the country as a whole that we have many economic centres, and urban areas and people from the Puntland State should not isolate themselves nor ignore their responsability to their state as our fathers did.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

I think its good for the country as a whole that we have many economic centres, and urban areas and people from the Puntland State should not isolate themselves nor ignore their responsability to their state as our fathers did.

^^Utterly b*ll*cks...

OG_Girl   

I would say every one stay in their little courner , away from others, isolate from rest of the world :rolleyes:

Or better to join hargeisa because Puntlanders dont wanna know the likes of (Nationalist"s")like you icon_razz.gif lets see if they would give refugee status in hargeisa icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Serious note thought here : Isn't Puntland belongs to the south Somalia :confused:

I think you wants to divide the country with this kind of arguement and want to make it normal and acceptable.

Stay Toon I am working of my "region map" too So I will help you for more division redface.gif

Salam

OG, darling do you know how big SOMALIA is as a whole?

PUNTLAND is 1/3 of Somalia its huge and it needs developing. How are we dividing when we say its part of the Federal republic, it will come under the capital Mogadishu. Our flag is that blue and white.

We are talking about developing the state so that it benefits the Somali republic. I dont want to see Puntland empty, or poor I want a safe vibrant, cosmmopolitan state which can educate its youth and create jobs for its adults.

A place where I can retire and watch the sun go down in my ranch.

nuune   

Og_Girl, sister, I am waitying to see that long waited picture MAP,

What matters these days in Somalia as a whole is industry.

the south has more industrial estates than boosaaso or galkacyo, do u know that hargeisa has more industries than boosaaso or the whole puntland :eek:

posted by Og-Girl

I think you wants to divide the country with this kind of arguement and want to make it normal and acceptable.

he already did that :cool:

OG_Girl   

^^^ Ok smith I got your point wallalo like my dad who never been in Somalia region we belong and wants to be his grave in Qabridahare..lol

I understand wallalo.

nuune dear my Map comming very soon. smile.gif

Edit: Smith no one attacking him bro, he is my brother ( my younger brother, I know he is just 18 years old ) ;) just like you are my brother. I'me just speaking my mind.

Salam

I can understand when Slanders say that Pland is part of the south. But when non-Slanders buy in that load of bullsh!t amazes me. Just hate it. Look at the map and you'll see theoretically Pland is the most northern part of Somalia including Djibouti. Subculturally Pland is closer to Sland than the rest of Somalia.

People who think in north-south are fooled by colonial bigotry.

Nationalist, bro a very good question. I believe it would depend on the individual, and his/ her priorities. As for me I would first build up a base in Puntland buy some land develop it then if I got the time and can afford it have some properties in the south. I would like to have a varied portfolio of properties but my first area would be Puntland.

Fair enough Smith. I think that's a very good view, but why the neccesity of being linked with areas 100s of miles apart from each other?

I do believe our only genuine achillesheel in the south is Kismayo and not Mogadishu. The days where most investment went to the south and particularly Mogadishu are over. Especially now there is a president originally from Pland. May I remind you, it was the investment and jobs that attracted Planders. Nothing more and nothing less.

Nuune, don't be fooled by perceptions and prejudices. Pland is thriving and is surpassing itself again and again. Let me give you some examples mate:

http://www.somaliirrigation.com

http://www.somalitelecomgroup.com/

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Nationalist:

I do believe our only genuine achillesheel in the south is Kismayo and not Mogadishu. The days where most investment went to the south and particularly Mogadishu are over. Especially now there is a president originally from Pland. May I remind you, it was the investment and jobs that attracted Planders. Nothing more and nothing less.

^^ :D:D:D ^^^

OG_Girl   

I really don't have mood to argue and i am sick today. But I got to say Former Somali Republic not bigger than Saudi Arabia and we know richest region is "east" or Sharqeyah as we call , I never seen people deviding it to pieces like we do, even though whole country under "One family" control.!!

Any ways back to the topic,Development shouldn't be specific to one region..infact Pland can develop itself regardless of the agovernment being formed for everyone these days wants to have a better backyard than they used to have. Now whether Pland joins the south or not, there is no way that their development can be stifled unless ofcouse the new government if any uses shrewed dirty politics and policies.

Salam

PS:nuune here my map , I am using it as avatar