Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Mark Bowden Disappoints Garaad Jaamac

Dear Garad Jama Garad Ali Garad Jama,

Thank you for your message regarding the work of the United Nations in Somalia.

The UN in Somalia aims to support the people in building a durable peace and begin reconstruction and development in their country.

Our work in Somalia is based on the most pressing needs of the Somali people and is guided by an agreed work plan with our Somali partners to enable us to reach as many people as we possibly can.

Last year the United Nations and its partners delivered 334 000 tons of food to 3.2 million Somalis across the country, 1.2 million Somali children were vaccinated against life-threatening diseases and over 1 million internally displaced people were provided with food, shelter, and clothing.

We also carry out development programmes to alleviate poverty across Somalia, over 50 000 people from the most vulnerable populations (displaced people, women, youth) were provided paid employment in the last year to rebuild schools, markets, dams and roads.

Insecurity and irregular access to populations in need means we have to adapt the way we work in different parts of the country.

We want to increase our presence across Somalia, including Sool and Sanaag, so we can step up our assistance to the Somali people.

Regrettably insecurity, attacks against UN staff and property have prevented us from reaching all those who need our help. Despite these access problems, the high risks that our staff encounter daily and the impediments this places on our work, the UN continues to work in all parts of Somalia with over 700 staff based across the country.

I am deeply concerned that over half the population is in need and that it is the civilian population who continue to bear the brunt of the conflict. I have and will continue to call on all those who continue to fight to respect the safety and welfare of the Somali people. The needs of the Somali people must come first and it is important that we continue to draw the world's attention to what can and must be done for the people of Somalia. We must not allow Somalia to lose the place that it deserves on the international agenda.

Sincerely,

Mark Bowden

Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator

UN Somalia

Amistad   

It seems he is saying that the UN has had to "adapt" which could mean some food programs have been delayed or were set aside for now until security improves, especially in Sanaag & Sool.

Were the kidnapped trucks and drivers ever recovered that were hijacked there from the UN?

Amistad   

Uhhh, thats pretty much what I just said in less than 100 words, verses your 1000 words waxed so eloquently smile.gif but thanks so much for taking the time Oddweyne!

Liibaan   

Amistad is the new somalilander in Sol forum, and he telling us, he doesn't know anything about somali politics and where is Sool, Sanaag and Cayn in the map?

Mr. Amistad, there was no trucks kidnapped in Sool or sanaag, so stop the lies?

Amistad   

Somalilander? And, my mistake, the trucks were hijacked in P-Land.

Well we all have to start somewhere dont we? Ive made it pretty clear I am here to learn about Somalia and never professed to being an expert. Thanks for putting up with my silly questions.

I guess thats akin to asking who is the Republican party in the U.S. ? smile.gif

As a matter of fact I was just reading SSC`s website. Interesting....

Thankful   

Am I the only one that questioned the source, especially when it come from JB? He or one of the NW Somali sites might have written it!

I agree with TF. We don't accept Mr. Bugland's cut-n-paste until he shows -links- neutral and credible source. Why will the Khusuusi, his enemy, give him their top secret documents so that he can bad mouth the young dynamic Grand Garaad of SSC. That simply does not make sense.

Yes i'm quoting Jidbaale not because it is a reliable source to me but it is a reliable one for you and other Secessionists ....

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Yes i'm quoting Jidbaale not because it is a reliable source to me but it is a reliable one for you and other Secessionists ....

No, that is not how it works in real live. Once you deem a source reliable for your arguments, you can't deem it unreliable when your opponent does it. You are calling SSC as the secessionists , the proud warriors of darwish and die hard unionists. :D:D:D