Sign in to follow this  
Haneefah

Love of the Prophet and its Signs

Haneefah   

Introduction to "Love of the Prophet and its Signs"

Shaykh Fadl Elahi

One of the joys that Allaah, the Most High, grants His servant is to love His beloved Noble Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and how can it be otherwise, when to love the Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, is one of the conditions of faith?

Imaam al-Bukhaaree related from Aboo Hurayrah, radiyallaahu `anhu, that the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: By Him in Whose Hands my soul lies, none of you will truly believe until I am more beloved to him than his father and son. [1/58]

Imaam Muslim related from Anas, radiyallaahu `anhu, that he said: The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: None of you will truly believe until I am more beloved to him than his family, wealth and all the people. [67]

In the same way that love of the Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, is a reason for attaining the good of this world and the Hereafter, then loving him is also a reason for achieving the sweetness of eemaan.

Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim both related from Anas, radiyallaahu `anhu, that the Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness (delight) of eemaan: One to whom Allaah and His Messenger, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, become dearer than anything else; Whoever loves his brother solely for Allaah's sake; and whoever hates to revert to disbelief just as he hates to be thrown into the Fire. [al-Bukhaaree 1/60, Muslim 166, and the wording is from al-Bukhaaree]

The meaning of "sweetness of eemaan", as the scholars, rahimahumallaah, have stated is: Deriving pleasure from obedience, to endure hardship in religion and preferring this over worldly things. [see Sharh un-Nawawee (2/13) and Fath ul-Baaree (1/16)]

Loving the Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, will also be a means of taking one to the place of felicity.

It has been related by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim from `Abdullaah bin Mas`ood, radiyallaahu `anhu, that he said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and said: O Messenger of Allaah! What do you say of a man who loves a people and never joins them? The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said: The person will be with those whom he loves. [Agreed upon. al-Bukhaaree 10/557, Muslim 3/2034, and the wording is from al-Bukhaaree]

His statement, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, The person will be with those whom he loves, means in Paradise. [see `Umdat ul-Qaari' 22/197]

We all claim that we love the Noble Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and that he, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, is more beloved to us than our fathers, sons and all the people. However, are we really truthful in this claim? Does our claim have any value in the Sight of Allaah?

The scholars, rahimahumallaah, have mentioned signs and criterion by which the love of the Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, can be judged i.e. whether it is in a person's heart or not. Some of the most apparent signs are the following:

1) Concern for seeing and keeping company with him, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam. Thus, the loss of these two concerns would be worse than the loss of anything in the world.

2) Total willingness to sacrifice oneself and one's wealth for him.

3) Following his orders and leaving what he prohibited.

4) To make his Sunnah victorious and to protect the Sharee`ah.

If one finds these signs in himself, then he should praise Allaah, the Most Mighty and the Most Majestic, that he possesses in his heart the true love for the Beloved, the Noble [Prophet], may the blessings of the Lord and His peace be upon him. He should ask Allaah for steadfastness upon this.

Whoever lacks some or all of these signs, should hold himself to account before he is held to account, on a Day which will turn the hair of children gray (i.e. the Day of Resurrection). Nothing will be hidden from Allaah, the Most High, and he (the slave) will not consider or attempt to deceive Allaah, the Most High, and the Believers; because one who attempts to deceive Allaah, the Most High, will only deceive himself as Allaah says:

They (think to) deceive Allaah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not. [soorah al-Baqarah, 9]

I will speak, with success granted by Allaah, the Most High, summarizing these signs, drawing on accounts of the love of the Companions for al-Habeeb, al-Kareem, al-Mustafaa, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, mentioning also our condition upon it, in the hope that Allaah, the Most Mighty and the Most Majestic, will improve our affairs and guide us to the path of righteousness.

-----------------------------------------

I hope you guys can really reflect on the part I highlighted Insha'Allah.

And, please don't hesitate to add any articles, lectures, enshaad, qasidas pertaining to the love for the Prophet(SAW).

Muhammad   

a very touching article. JZK sis.

the question you highlited is one to reflect upon. when one loves another, he attempts his best to learn more about his beloved inorder to become more close, dear, to him.

the following link gives us a small glimpse of what Muhammad(pbuh) was like,

muhammad_rasool.gif

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah." [Qur'an 48:29]

Description of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)

______________________________________'

may Allah guide us to the Sunnah of Muhammad, the messenger of Allah(saw). Aamin

Haneefah   

Wa Iyak bro. Thanks for the site.

Originally posted by Muhammad:

when one loves another, he attempts his best to learn more about his beloved inorder to become more close, dear, to him.

Absolutely, which leads one to thinking that if we possessed a fraction of the love we're supposed to have for Allah (swt) and His beloved Messenger (SAW), the plight of this ummah would have surely been different.

Here's a beautiful poem:

MY BELOVED

There was a time in my youth,

When Islam was only a custom.

They said "say La IIaha IIIa Allah,..

And pray, you'll go to Heaven.

"Ah, how simple, no struggle in this,

Just a word, and simple act.

Thereafter I'm absorbed in this world again,

With my 'assured' place in Paradise intact.

But this was not to be my fate

For ALLAH chose to guide my heart.

I learnt of a man who struggled so hard

When his mission was from the start.

The story of someone who had morals,

Spoke gently, kindness he knew.

Never fearing to say what's right,

His conviction in ISLAM was true.

The touch of his hand was as soft as silk

To comfort a crying child.

To mend his clothes, or do the chores,

Never complaining, he always smiled.

A living he made with his bare hands,

The same that held his mighty sword.

Valor shone from the edge of his blade,

Only fighting for the sake of his Lord.

His smell was always of musk,

And cleanliness he kept at his best.

Stark contrast with the heroes of today,

Who stink of beer and sweat.

He held the hands of his companions.

Unashamed to play with many children.

So modest, so humble, a perfect example,

That strangers could not recognize him.

His eyes slept little for nights were precious,

His prayers he treasured much greater.

To pray Tahajjud in the depths of night,

Seeking forgiveness, and nearness to his Creator.

He broke his tooth for me at Uhud,

And bled for me at Ta'if.

He cried for me, tears of concern,

Just so I could have this belief.

His enemies admired his teachings,

Uniting every religion, every clan.

Till ISLAM came to every corner of the world,

O, but indeed he was only a man.

To own a house, or build his wealth

Was not his main priority.

To establish ISLAM was more essential,

To bring us under a Higher Authority.

Don't you want him to plea for your case,

When before ALLAH-The Judge-you stand?

Don't you wish to be around his fountain,

A burning desire to drink from his hand?;

So I love him more than all creation,

My Leader, My Humble Prophet.

Muhammad (SAWS) was a mercy to all mankind,

And to me, he is ...

MY BELOVED!

-Anonymous

Muhammad   

Thats a nice poem, may Allah reward the author, and thanks for sharing with us.

I recently downloaded this nasheed, hope you guys enjoy it:

Muhammad Nabeena Side A

Muhammad Nabeena Side B

you can download more nasheeds here

Originally posted by Abraar:

quote:

Originally posted by Muhammad:

when one loves another, he attempts his best to learn more about his beloved inorder to become more close, dear, to him.

Absolutely, which leads one to thinking that if we possessed a fraction of the love we're supposed to have for Allah (swt) and His beloved Messenger (SAW), the plight of this ummah would have surely been different.
Indeed. the external is a reflection of the internal, unless we change what is in our hearts, and bring it in accordance with Islam, we'll continue to be habaa'an mansuuraa. Islam values quality over quantity.

Khayr   

Salamz,

If I am not mistaken, the Sahibi Zubair ibn awwam took off his shirt one day and a someone saw that he had over 70 scars on his body.

The person asked Zubair about the scars and how he (Zubair) had acquired them.

Zubair replied that he used to be a 'SHIELD' for the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) during the battles, not because he was asked to be a 'SHIELD' but because of his love of the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm). redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

Allahu Akbir!

Now that is called 'LOVE FOR THE RASUL (SALLAHU CALIYHE WASILM).

Fi Amanillah

Originally posted by Khayr:

If I am not mistaken
, the Sahibi Zubair ibn awwam took off his shirt one day and a someone saw that he had over 70 scars on his body.

The person asked Zubair about the scars and how he (Zubair) had acquired them.

What you have written is right, it was Zubair Ibn Awwam who was the Shield of the Prophet SAW. A man of remarkable character , even the Prophet SAW said this about him,

the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Every Prophet used to have a disciple), and my disciple Az-Zubair Ibn Al ‘Awwamâ€.

Az-Zubair gave the highest priority in his life to fighting in the Cause of Allah, and joining the Prophet (PBUH) in battles to fight non-believers. The Prophet (PBUH) said about him:

“Al Zubair and Talhah are my neighbors in paradiseâ€.

Mashallah.

Khayr   

Salamz,

You know everytime I read about the sahaba,

I am put to shame and really embarassed as a muslim.

What souls, Mashallah!

I would love to meet them in jannah and talk endlessly with them about their experiences, their life, the rasul (sallahu calihye waslim) etc....

WOL, do tell more inshallah....

Brother Khayr,

There are so many of them each outstanding the other. They all had Islam in common and the love of the Prophet SAW but after that they differed their intellect, bravery, compassion, humbleness... the qualities are just too many. Outstanding men and women they were, a fine examples to us. Mashallah.

If you like duals, I admire Al Baraa Ibn Al Ansari as a man of great bravery.

When the Muslims had divided amongst themselves after the death of the Prophet SAW and a group left Islam, as we all know war was declared against them. As the Banu Hanifah followed Musaylamah the Imposter and not the Prophet SAW a feirce battle was duelled. The Muslims almost lost but they held strong and fought, many were killed then Musaylamah and his group fortified themselves in a Garden which was later known as the Garden of Death. Here is where Al Baraa Ibn Ansari bravery was proven, he singlehandedly asked the Muslim soldiers to lift him on a sheild and throw him into the den of enemies, saying If I am to live I will open the door and you will enter.

In modern times we would have said its Suicide but he made it, he not only got injured but he overcame the enemy and opened the gates for the muslim soldiers and the battle was won. And he survived. Mashallah.

AlBaraa 's profile

I forgot that I had quoted this

Az-Zubair gave the highest priority in his life to fighting in the Cause of Allah, and joining the Prophet (PBUH) in battles to fight non-believers. The Prophet (PBUH) said about him:

“Al Zubair and
Talhah
are my neighbors in paradiseâ€.

Who is Talhah? Talhah ibn Ubaydullah, he was young man when he embraced Islam. While on a trip was lucky to met a person who fortold him the Advent of Ahmed and the religion of Islam. Thus when he returned to Makka, he asked of the news and was told of the Prophecy of Muhammed SAW and the conversion of Abu Bakar As Sidiqque. He went to met the Prophet and in the same seating he proclaimed his Shahadah.

In Islamic history after the battle of Uhud He was named the "living maytr" .

At the Battle of Uhud, when the Muslims fell into disarray at the beginning of hostilities the Prophet became dangerously exposed. There were about eleven men of the Ansar at his side and one Muhajir - Talhah ibn Ubaydullah. The Prophet clambered up the mountain hotly pursued by some mushrikin. The Prophet, peace be on him, shouted:

"The one who repulses these people from us will be my companion in Paradise." "I, O Messenger of god," shouted Talhah.

"No, stick to your position," replied the Prophet. A man from the Ansar volunteered and the Prophet agreed. He fought until he was killed. The Prophet went further up the mountain with the mushrikin still in close pursuit. "Isn't there someone to combat these?"

Talhah again volunteered but the Prophet ordered him to maintain his position. Another person immediately came forward, fought and was killed. This happened until all who stood by the Prophet were martyred except Talhah.

"Now, yes," signalled the Prophet and Talhah went into battle. By this time, the Prophet's teeth had been broken, his forehead had been slashed, his lips had been wounded and blood was streaming down his face. He was drained of energy. Talhah plunged into the enemy and pushed them away from the Prophet. He turned back to the Prophet and helped him a little further up the mountain and put him to lie on the ground. He then renewed his attack and successfully repulsed the enemy. About this occasion Abu Bakr said:

"At that moment, Abu Ubayd ibn al-Jarrah and I were far from the Prophet. When we came close to him to render assistance to him, the Prophet said: 'Leave me and go to your companion (meaning Talhah)."

There was Talhah, bleeding profusely. He had numerous wounds, from sword, spear and arrow. His foot had been cut and he had fallen into a hollow where he lay unconscious.

Thereafter, the Prophet, peace be on him, said: "Whoever is pleased to see a man still walking on earth who had completed his span (of life), let him look at Talhah ibn Ubaydallah."

And, whenever Uhud was recalled, As-Siddiq, may God be pleased with him, would say: "That day, that entire day, belonged to Talhah."

That was the story of how Talhah became to be called the "living martyr". There were unnumerabIe incidents which led to him being called "Talhah the Good" and "Talhah the Generous".

His profile

Haneefah   

Originally posted by Khayr:

You know everytime I read about the sahaba,

I am put to shame and really embarassed as a muslim.

I know exactly how that feels Khayr. Do you remember last year's RIS when Mukhtar Maghraoui was talking about the Prophet (SAW) and subhanallah his tears were literally gushing out, and he was speaking as though he was in the presence of the Rasuul (SAW), speaking to him, uttering 'Habiibi Ya Rasuul-al-Allah'. Oh how I felt an enormous sense of despondency and shame for I felt as though my heart was rusted and I could feel those words pierce through my heart. I kept thinking what type of a Muslim am I, living in a state of heedlessness, devoid of any feelings of true love. :( I kept pondering about what it would be like to be in the company of the Rasuul (SAW), to feel his presence, to hear him speak, and to impart his wisdom. Ya Allah, send your peace and blessings upon our beloved Prophet, his companions, his family and those who follow him!

Muhammad...luv the nasheeds, khayr Ilaahay ha ku siiyo.

sahal   

Thanks ALL

Other Sahabi (R.A) (I can't remember his name now) said one day to our Prophet (S.A.W) O Prophet of ALLAH there was a time you were the hatest person in this world for me ... and now my LOVE to you had reached a level that i can't staisfied myself by looking at you ... I can't fill my eyes from you ... or something like that.

This and many other eveiences show how SAHABA (R.A) loved our prophet (S.A.W) and how they sacrifised all their belongings, including their LIFE, to protect him from any harm.

ALLAHU MAJCALNAA MITHLAHUM ....

Muhammad   

Those companions reminded me of the story of another Sahabi, I started searching online, and came across the following links;

» On the Necessity of Loving the Prophet

» On the Reward of Loving the Prophet

When the Makkans drove Zayd ibn ad-Dathima out of the Haram to kill him, Abu Sufyan ibn Harb said to him,
"I ask you by Allah, Zayd, don't you wish that Muhammad were with us now to take your place so that we could cut off his head, and you were with your family?"
Zayd said,
"By Allah, I would not wish Muhammad to be now in a place where even a thorn could hurt him if that was the condition for my being with my family!"
Abu Sufyan remarked,
"I have not seen any people who love anyone the way the Companions of Muhammad love Muhammad."

Haseena   

Masha Allah a very beautiful article ya ukhti abraar, may Allah bless you for this reminder/aamiin

There's a Sahabi I have come to love soo dearly, he is actually the first one that comes up in the book of the companions, his history is remarkable, it opens up your eyes and shows you the good people of that time were so different from us today, they did not live merely on words and dreams they acted upon the deen , may Allah make us among them/aamiin

Sa'id ibn Aamir Al-Jumahi

web page

raula   

Mansha-allah sis Abraar and all other posters. JZK all. Indeed a good reminder that all this is just worldly and that the greatest awaits for those who fear Allah s.w. (May we be among those-Ameen Ya maulana).

Mohammed-the qasweeda are incredible, has some downloaded already. Mansha-allah. I was actually listening to them while running errands cyberly :D JZK.

w/s