Sign in to follow this  
Malika

Why ?

Malika   

smile.gif .

One thing I have noticed, is the lack of activity in the Islam Section. If Nur is not there then the place goes dead.

What is it about our deen, that we find uninteresting?

If our whole way of life is based on it,why the distancing from it?

Baal sheega ,why ? :mad: :D

Alright,let me not pull an Alshabaab on you guys,really it would be advantageous to all of us,to revive the Islam section. smile.gif

Malika   

^ I disagree,being further from God is depressing.

First things first, Welcome to SOL.

That is an interesting point of view. Now if we are saying Islam is a WAY OF LIFE[not death], why do you assume its only about the afterlife?

Islam is a practical religion,it means living it. Its about the structure and basis to everything we do from major to minor things in our lives.From how you were conceived, to how you were raised, to how you were educated,to how you will earn a living, to how you deal with those around you, to how you walk, sleep,eat,shiid[eew] , to how you will get married, raise your children, to the laws you should live within, to how you should be buried..[hoping you had lived a 'worthy live' ,which you then shall reap the benefit of it in the hereafter]

'Your time is your life, and your life is your capital; it is the basis of your transactions[with God], and the means to attain everlasting felicity, in the proximity of God the Exalted. Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel and when it passes away it never returns" [imam Ghazali[RA]

smile.gif << That is Islam.

Muriidi   

test yourself

if you read the following text and you feel content and entertained even your're probably doing something right in your life.

Fiqh 1.1: Purification

The shari'ah has divided water into four kinds:

1 mutlaq water,

2 used water (for purification),

3 water mixed with pure elements and

4 water mixed with impure elements. We shall discuss each of them separately.

Fiqh 1.1 a: Mutlaq water

This kind of water is considered pure because of its inherent purity and as such, it can be used by an

individual to purify him or herself. It consists of the following categories:

Fiqh 1.1 b: Rain water, snow, and hail

These substances are pure because Allah says so: "And sent down water from the sky upon you, that

thereby He might purify you..." (al-Anfal 1), and "We send down purifying water from the sky" (al-

Furqan 48). This is also supported by the following hadith: Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of

Allah, upon whom be peace, used to be silent between the (opening) takbir of the prayer and the verbal

Qur'anic recitation. Abu Hurairah asked him, "O Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be

sacrificed for you, why do you remain silent between the takbir and the recital? What do you say

(silently during that time)?" He said, "I say, 'O Allah, make a distance between me and my sins similar

to the distance you have made between the East and the West. O Allah, cleanse me of my sins in the

manner that a white garment (is cleansed) from dirt. O Allah, wash my sins from me with snow, water,

and hail."' This hadith is related by the "group", except for at-Tirmizhi.

Fiqh 1.2: Sea water

Sea water's purity is based on the following hadith: Abu Hurairah related that a man asked the

Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, "O Messenger of Allah, we sail on the ocean and we carry

only a little water. If we use it for ablution, we will have to go thirsty. May we use sea water for

ablution?" Said the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, "Its (the sea) water is pure and its dead

(animals) are lawful (i.e., they can be eaten without any prescribed slaughtering)." This hadith is

related by "the five." At-Tirmizhi calls it hassan sahih, and al-Bukhari says it is sahih.

Blessed   

Sounds like you're talking to yourself in this corner, eh Malika?

The only time people frequent here is when some acts controversial. :(

NGONGE   

Controversy creates discussion, dear. If it were simple preaching, the polite thing to do is to listen quietly (which is what everyone is doing).

Mese you want the place to get flooded with millions of affected Jazaka Allah? icon_razz.gif

(I personally avoid this section when I can).

Blessed   

I don't know what I want this place to be actually. I've gained a lot out of it so I'm not really complaining.

Why do you avoid it? I sometimes feel bit uncomfortable with being labelled a wadaad when you discuss Islamic matters. Not that I have a problem with being wadaad but people develop an image of you and then get surprised when they meet you and you're not carrying a meter long tusbax..

Malika

What islam is suppose to be( a way of life) and how muslims behave are two different things, we as muslims are no different than other people and our behaviors are no different, we just seem to have more hypocrites than others.

I find all religious discussions boring and depressing because there are no concrete answers, only more frustrating questions. All religion is based on common sense, how i was conceived, how i treat others etc, I don't really need religion to tell me to be kind, courteous of others, do i?

Hassan.B   

Salaams all!

This is probably my first time on the only somali forum I know that is not complete garbage. May Allah keep it like that.

Originally posted by Lt-QA:

Malika

What islam is suppose to be( a way of life) and how muslims behave are two different things, we as muslims are no different than other people and our behaviors are no different, we just seem to have more hypocrites than others.

I find all religious discussions boring and depressing because there are no concrete answers, only more frustrating questions. All religion is based on common sense, how i was conceived, how i treat others etc, I don't really need religion to tell me to be kind, courteous of others, do i?

"Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If you love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." Qur'an [3:31]

"All Islam offers is God." - Sh. Abdal-Hakim Murad

Wlc Hassan. Your first time? Runn before the lightening strikes. Oh I kid,I Kid(Do I?) It is not so bad once you learn to seperate prankers from the odayaal.

Take Lt-Q for instance..um.um he likes..how you say..to make grownups cry.

Hassan_B   

I'll try not to spend too much time...although I'm not too sure exactly what you mean...not having a zillion posts come up every minute kinda helps too.

Hassan_B   

one thing i've noticed is that most people don't visit this section with their id's. I wonder why, what are they afraid of? do they have a particular image they want to protect?

BOB   

Yeah Malika...I hear you loud & clear.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.